The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Thanks a lot

Just gotta say "wow" when I saw this screenshot from your website . I wish I could drive F1 as well
Great report, those skins look really great in iR...especially on the F1 car
Quote from Glenn67 :lolololololololol rofl Good one funiest thing I've read in some time

that was funny.... poor guy
When is the next week 13 coming about? I'm thinknig about temporarily picking up iRacing again and I want to be able to us as much of my content as I can when I re-subscribe.
Quote from Rappa Z :When is the next week 13 coming about? I'm thinknig about temporarily picking up iRacing again and I want to be able to us as much of my content as I can when I re-subscribe.

Week 4 finishes tomorrow.
Guess I'll end up doing a 3-monther then. Also considering just staying subscribed until the new LFS physics are released.
Quote from Rappa Z :Guess I'll end up doing a 3-monther then. Also considering just staying subscribed until the new LFS physics are released.

You might be interested in a 2 year subscription then......
That's the problem.

edit: Couldn't resist the 3-monther after I dug up some old promo codes.
OMG 3id invasion in the DWC race photo. 6 of 'em.
Quote from Kid222 :
Tony Gardner looks like doing short business with kiddies. I really can't wait to see it in action.

Care to expand on that?, for those of us who do not have access to the IR forum. thx
Quote :Hello and good day,

Because no nice way to really say this to the people who really need to hear it, just going to be very direct and warn people again that per the sporting code if you threaten someone or swear at them or act generally nasty to people we don't want you in the iRacing service whether that is in official racing, the forums, talking to customer support, race stewards, text chat, voice chat, hosted sessions, etc.

iRacing is a family service so if you don't want to comply with that, no hard feelings but this is not the service for you.

Again, you should not be using vulgar language at all but if you threaten someone or use vulgar language directed at someone you are not welcome in this service and we will terminate your account. If we have evidence of someone swearing at or threatening another person there will be little to argue. We will not and cannot guess who started it or who said what. It can be hard I know, but if someone threatens you or swears at you, report them, don't threaten them back because then you are just as much a problem. You have a choice. Choose to be a decent person and treat people with respect.

For 99% of the service I apologize for this note.

Thank you

There you go.
Quote from anttt69 :Care to expand on that?, for those of us who do not have access to the IR forum. thx

Any more swearing or abusive behaviour on the forums or on track and they will cancel your account. Apparently.

EDIT. Beaten to it again...
You can wreck, cheat and exploit all you want, but one fuck and you're gone.

I've noticed this a lot on iRacing with the Americans, swearing is the worst thing you can possibly do, which it just isn't.

Anyway, I'm calling bullshit on cancelling accounts for swearing, no chance they will follow through, and if they do, they're a joke. All the exploiting and dodgy behaviour that's been going on (which iRacing have generally been ignoring) should be more of a priority than almost meaningless words.
Quote from DeKo :
Anyway, I'm calling bullshit on cancelling accounts for swearing, no chance they will follow through, and if they do, they're a joke. All the exploiting and dodgy behaviour that's been going on (which iRacing have generally been ignoring) should be more of a priority than almost meaningless words.

Spot on
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Of course it is Jason, bending and breaking rules is a massive part of racing, it's been a part of the sport since racing began. However, if you get caught, you get punished, which is only fair, but even if it's blatant and you boast about it on the forums, iRacing do nothing.

This seems to be an attempt to appease their customers by appearing to be doing something, instead of doing nothing at all. Swearing just seems to be a strange thing to target.

But anyway, I accept that some people are offended by swearing, and there are kids on the service (even though there shouldn't be, but that's a whole other argument), so I can understand why they want to enforce it a little.

I still don't understand the attitude towards swearing in America. Maybe it's because I've lived in Scotland my whole life, but swearing is a complete non-issue. I just don't understand why some people get so worked up and offended about a word which someone has told them they should be offended about. Why? It's just a word.
I wasn't aware how much or how little iRacing do about cheating. Too new here to comment, sorry guys. There's swearing all the time on TV here now in Aus, it's excessive. It's like they put it in dialoge to sound cool, not to sound realistic. I wish I didn't swear so much, makes me sound like a ****.
Quote from JasonJ :I wasn't aware how much or how little iRacing do about cheating. Too new here to comment, sorry guys. There's swearing all the time on TV here now in Aus, it's excessive. It's like they put it in dialoge to sound cool, not to sound realistic. I wish I didn't swear so much, makes me sound like a ****.

The latest trick is doing burnouts in the grass to get fast lap times at the plate tracks, this was brought up again because of the 500. This is against the sporting code in several places, but iRacing did nothing. All they had to do is put out a similar announcement, saying "do this again and you're not allowed into the 500, or you get a holiday for a week" and nobody would do it. Instead, you had to do it to be competitive.

Another example was the running setups which failed tech inspection bug. This was a mistake by iRacing, letting you run crazy setups at ovals and go a lot faster, but to their credit they did fix this quite quickly. However, they then left all the qualifying times, instead of clearing them, meaning if you didn't do a lap before they fixed it, you started from the back of the grid. This was especially important at Daytona in the trucks, where qualifying is everything.

These are very race occurrences, it just happens there were 2 high profile ones in quick succession. It would have been so easy for iRacing to make them a non-issue, but they always end up looking worse than the people exploiting do.
Quote from DeKo :I still don't understand the attitude towards swearing in America. Maybe it's because I've lived in Scotland my whole life, but swearing is a complete non-issue. I just don't understand why some people get so worked up and offended about a word which someone has told them they should be offended about. Why? It's just a word.

It's the older generations that see it an issue mainly. It's funny though when you have some old rednecks that hate people for swearing, and then other old rednecks always swearing.

Quote from DeKo :The latest trick is doing burnouts in the grass to get fast lap times at the plate tracks, this was brought up again because of the 500. This is against the sporting code in several places, but iRacing did nothing. All they had to do is put out a similar announcement, saying "do this again and you're not allowed into the 500, or you get a holiday for a week" and nobody would do it. Instead, you had to do it to be competitive.

Another example was the running setups which failed tech inspection bug. This was a mistake by iRacing, letting you run crazy setups at ovals and go a lot faster, but to their credit they did fix this quite quickly. However, they then left all the qualifying times, instead of clearing them, meaning if you didn't do a lap before they fixed it, you started from the back of the grid. This was especially important at Daytona in the trucks, where qualifying is everything.

These are very race occurrences, it just happens there were 2 high profile ones in quick succession. It would have been so easy for iRacing to make them a non-issue, but they always end up looking worse than the people exploiting do.

Oval exploits have been happening since the beginning, especially the burnout at SS', also the magical 15mph donut. Also in the IndyCar where you can make the car so fast that the front end is off the ground down the straights.

How about the ones with max tire pressure in one or more tires, and then at the first pit stop take it down to normal so the car is under the required limit and you pwn. Gotta love that one. There's many more but I'll let you figure them out on your own. Road is no different either.
Quote from The Moose :Any more swearing or abusive behaviour on the forums or on track and they will cancel your account. Apparently.

EDIT. Beaten to it again...

This is probably just a preemptive strike by iracing to keep Charlie Sheen from joining.
^ LMAO Danke

I don't see what the fuss is about. Perhaps it is as I'm a Euro, but....people swear. It happens. When you drop a hammer on your foot, do you swear or use a more...kid friendly varient of word?

Ever listen to a racer's radio? Yeah, there's (gasp! shock! horror! THE END IS NIGH!!!) swear words thrown about. IMO, iR is expecting too much by saying "one swear and you're gone". So, if iR ran NASCAR, Jeff Gordon would have been thrown out for saying "My car handles like shit"

Swearing? Of course. In context? Yes.

Anyone who wants to sign up has to be 13 or over, and it's likely they'd hear worse at school/with friends.

I'd rather iR focus on fixing exploits and enforcing their rules.

Quote from DeKo :

Agreed. IMO swearing's a quick and easy way for them to look busy.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG