The online racing simulator
Round 6: Race Discussion
Event: 6 Hours of Kyoto Grand Prix Long with Boothy Chicane
Circuit Code: KY3B
Skies: Cloudy Afternoon

Qualifying Session 1: 27 February 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Qualifying Session 2: 4 March 2011 19:00 UTC Group 1 - 19:40 UTC Group 2
Race Session: 5 March 2011 15:00 UTC

Official Circuit Diagram will be out Thursday or Friday, before Qualifying 1.

Layout download link
Chalk texture kerb file download link
Gonna like this one
Finally a decent track
I was just wondering...

I know hitting a pole in your qually lap makes the lap invalid. Is hitting a pole concidered full on hitting a pole, or is nudging the pole slightly concidered hitting the pole already?

Also, are there any concequences for ramming the apex pole in the boothy chicane repetively during the race?

Just wanted to know!
#5 - CSF
Yes you lose your quali lap.

Yes, if you hit it time and time again, just like Kenneth O'Keefe last year.
Hehehe ok thanks for the answer. I'll look after that pesky thing abit more than!
Good thing I cant make it then. I keep hitting the damn thing in practice.

McDonalds are making me close the store. Considering it finishes at 9pm, I am annoyed as I had some pace here :\
The penalty for the driver who sets best time in quali not doing a lap in the race is -1 lap to overall distance ja?
What pole are you talking about? That one that's all the time flying over my roof and my doors are scratched from the tires in the chicane?
damn I should learn how to drive it more clearly then
edit: hopefully done

So hitting a pole is a no go in Q and punishable if repeated in race right?
What about driving on the pit straight, is it allowed to drive on the left side yellow crossed area near the wall? Or is it a safety area that should be kept clear.
Failed, sorry if I ruined anybody's laps by distracting etc
I love this combo and I always have fun driving here but as I cant hit the pole in boothy chicane, my driving became full of fear of last sector and I havent done any decent lap in Q
And I dont see logic in that because if I go 2 wheels off the track it is okey and the lap is valid but if I hit the pole (not tires) which is basically the same I get penalty
However rules are rules and are same for everyone so dont consider this moaning...I am just saying my opinion
i totally failed this session... At first i picked the wrong setup, then i started with 60% fuel and later the session i had bad contact with plutta in the creepy boothy chicane, so he got stuck in the gravel about 3 minutes. And if that wasnt enough i destroyed the engine 10 minutes before the end of the session... Meh
I think I had slight engine damage but meh. Didnt hurt me as much as it could have.

Failed in S3 each lap trying to avoid damn pole. Then on my best lap I failed in that tricky right hander before S1/2 split and lost about 2 tenths. Ahh well. 2.24.27 isnt THAT bad. We arent last so all good
Quote from zippytheone :I think I had slight engine damage but meh. Didnt hurt me as much as it could have.

Failed in S3 each lap trying to avoid damn pole. Then on my best lap I failed in that tricky right hander before S1/2 split and lost about 2 tenths. Ahh well. 2.24.27 isnt THAT bad. We arent last so all good

I saw that, nice lap Tom

And yeah, that 200 kp/h corner is hard to get.
Quote :Qualifying 1 - Session 2
Lap: 3 in the view of S. Plutta
Timecode: 23:00 to go / 7 Minutes gone
Your Number: #28
Other Car involved: #19

Approaching boothy chicane, #28 approaches #19.
#19 moves over to the left intending to let us (#28) pass - Then he misses the brake point complely, causing us to be stuck in the gravel for 3 Minutes plus damage repair on pitstop.

since my post was deleted i just wanted to say again that i apologied after the session and plutta was okay with that, so i dont see a point in reporting as plutta said "no problem". besides this it was a missunderstanding between him and myself, as i tried to slow down to let him pass, but he also slowed down very quickly for the boothy chicane, while i accelareted away again to go through the boothy chicane, but he still was there... strange situation
alguien que lo pueda traducir gracias.

no se si esta bien postiarlo acá, pero JUST DRIVING no se hará presente en esta 6ta fecha por no poder completar el numero de pilotos, algunos por trabajo y otros por estudio.

nos vemos en la 7ma y ultima fecha en las 12 hs de blackwood.

suerte a todos en esta fecha y espero sepan comprender.
Quote from DJEDO :alguien que lo pueda traducir gracias.

no se si esta bien postiarlo acá, pero JUST DRIVING no se hará presente en esta 6ta fecha por no poder completar el numero de pilotos, algunos por trabajo y otros por estudio.

nos vemos en la 7ma y ultima fecha en las 12 hs de blackwood.

suerte a todos en esta fecha y espero sepan comprender.

voy a traducir:

If someone could translate this:

i dont know if it is ok to post here, but JUST DRIVING will not be driving the next round because of the lack of drivers, someone is unable to drive because of work, an other one because of school.

we will see you again for the 7th round - the 12h of blackwood.

Good luck for everybody and i hope you can understand
First 7Karat, then JD... :/

Hope to see you back at round 7
So do we
#20 - CSF
Doubt SR will be there either after le ginge, le german and le emo all left at the same time.
#22 - CSF
meh joniiiiiee runs him close.
torpp1s

Team History

Team Name: Sonicrealms Racing
Team Tag: [SR]
Date Joined: 2 January 2011
Date Left: 28 February 2011
Duration: 8 weeks, 1 day

#24 - CSF
It's not Joni's fault he joined a team which had run it's course, having previously been at the front of most things it entered in the last two seasons. It's just... had it's time.
Yep true, think now it's over...anyway new teams will come

Round 6: Race Discussion
(201 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG