The online racing simulator
TEST Patch U9
OK here is this evening's update - U9.

Changes since U8 :

FIX : Unlocking on Vista should now work correctly
FIX : Start replay with click brings LFS to foreground
FIX : Formula dash live settings now work in custom view
FIX : OutGauge now works on remote cars / MPR / external

Added SET file association (copy set to folder)
More lateral offset available for internal mirror
Scroll bar added if more than 7 players in list
Unlocking S2 automatically sets to skip intro

DOWNLOAD :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... .php?name=LFS_U9_TEST.zip
#77 - SamH
Master server is reporting 434 wrong versions in Multiplayer

[EDIT] "T3" is showing as compatible, some "U"s and a "U8" or 2.
#78 - ste_
I also use different FOVs for different cars. Just enough to have the wingmirror in view; but because cars are different widths I need different FOVs to achieve this.
Thanks a lot Scawen!
Quote from SamH :Master server is reporting 434 wrong versions in Multiplayer

I just forgot to tell master to update its versions. It should be ok if you try again.
#81 - SamH
As you said

Rock solid so far! Thanks Scawen
#82 - joen
Great work Scawen, thank you Going to test later tonight
#83 - Jakg
the set additions even better! thanks a million Scawen!
Thanks again The new setup copy feature is great! Never actually thought about it but it's neat to have and spares you a lot of extra work.

Then again, I have to report that LFS still doesn't regain focus when it's already running (fullscreen) and I double click a replay from my spr folder. In windowed mode it seems to work, just not in fullscreen (which I always use). The replay just starts in the background in the minimized window then.
See guys, THAT's how development is supposed to work
I can't understand what does the .set association do? Can anybody explain me.
Great stuff! Thanks Scawen
#88 - Jakg
Quote from Lible :I can't understand what does the .set association do? Can anybody explain me.

go Open With>LFS and then when you double click on any .set it will move it to your Data>Settings folder!
Thx for information, not a big thing tough.
Of course it's not "big", but when you download sets from teaminferno (for example) then you can just open the file with LFS and it will automatically be placed in the correct folder. No need to go browsing for that folder again and again and again.
Quote from biggie :Then again, I have to report that LFS still doesn't regain focus when it's already running (fullscreen) and I double click a replay from my spr folder. In windowed mode it seems to work, just not in fullscreen (which I always use). The replay just starts in the background in the minimized window then.

Hmm... I don't really understand that. How can you click on a replay in your SPR folder, if LFS is in full screen? You shouldn't be able to see any folders at all.
#92 - Vain
He alt+tabbed out of the full-screen game.

Vain
If that's the case then the solution is to SHIFT+F4 out, instead of ALT+TAB. ALT+TAB isn't supported properly by LFS, because depending on your version of Windows, LFS may never be called at all by the operating system, after the ALT+TAB. As an example, some people can ALT+TAB temporarily from a multiplayer game, while others will lose connection as their LFS will get no CPU time at all.
wow!
3 patches on a day
gonna try em,
do people with alpha U normal olso be able to join my server??

ty lotsa times!

if i was gay (wich i'm not) i would say i love u!!
Quote from AndroidXP :Of course it's not "big", but when you download sets from teaminferno (for example) then you can just open the file with LFS and it will automatically be placed in the correct folder. No need to go browsing for that folder again and again and again.

I see your not using opera . I have an option here, what automagically puts all .set files into right folder, without even asking.

And even if you don't want to browse to right folder, when saving, you still need to browse into the folder you saved it for activating... as long as it's not at drive root folder.

But, well, doesn't annoy me .
#96 - Jakg
Quote from kiss me :wow!
3 patches on a day
gonna try em,

ty lotsa times!

if i was gay (wich i'm not) i would say i love u!!

yeap, U7/8/9 is compatible with S, U and R
Quote from kiss me :

any help?
anyone?
yeap, U7/8/9 is compatible with S, U and R
I love U, and of cource U9 too.
Quote from kiss me :any help?
anyone?

Quote from Jakg :yeap, U7/8/9 is compatible with S, U and R

or ignore my post!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG