The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Of course, I like it more than I should because I saved her from a scrap yard and with some very little fettling takes some beating over the Moors and I end up fighting above my weight and coming out on top (knowing the roads helps).

Plus there is something that makes me giggle about hooning a van and not under steering into a tree. It isn't the most powerful vehicle in the world (new it only had 60 ponies), but we have fun. Looking forward to converting it into a TDi. That will mean throwing on an LSD (has a habbit of spinning up the inside tyre as it is on a shorter shaft), bigger sticker tyres and better brakes. But will make the tourist thrashing all the more fun as I would be able to keep up better on the straights, so I don't have to work as hard through the twisties.

Videos please.

Old cars are more fun to drive than new ones, there are no electronic stability systems to reduce the amount of fun, and you always know - if you will accidently crash it, it will cost pennies to repair it or buy another one.
Quote from KiRmelius :Videos please.

Old cars are more fun to drive than new ones, there are no electronic stability systems to reduce the amount of fun, and you always know - if you will accidently crash it, it will cost pennies to repair it or buy another one.

When I refine camera mounting I'll get some film of a Moors dash. Wish I could of got some shots today, even though it was foggy visibility was ~1 mile, so was able to decide if I could hit the apex or not well in advance.

My van has 0 driving aides. No PAS, no ABS, no TC, no ESP. The only safety item is the seat belt and one airbag for the driver. So you have to work hard to hit the corners carrying any sort of speed, but it is so rewarding.

The lack of computers does make dropping in a TDi set up easier and by using the NA flywheel I can keep the IB5 box, which means no need to change the subframe (easier job already). Using a Saab intercooler mounted upside down behind the front bumper also means better power than sporting the Ford intercooler.

Should make a nice summer project as I have to work outside.
Can you really have fun in low powered fwd van? boring as hell
Course you can, you don't need to go sideways or break traction all of the time to have fun on a twisty road. The lack of poke does take away a little fun when pushing down a bit of straight road (on the plus it means I never get time to speed), which is why I am collecting the parts needed for a TDi swap, but I have a laugh over the Moors.

Would like to get an MX5 to take it down the same bit of road as I suspect some top down hooning would be even more fun.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Can you really have fun in low powered fwd van? boring as hell

driving a slow car fast > driving a fast car slow.
Quote from Osco :driving a slow car fast > driving a fast car slow.

it's the same reason why people enjoy the XFG more than the BF1.
True
everyone to their own
Quote from dadge :it's the same reason why people enjoy the XFG more than the BF1.

like me. except the xrg, and preferably a little more power (like xrt)
Quote from logitekg25 :like me. except the xrg, and preferably a little more power (like xrt)

but then it's not a slower car. you didn't quite get it did you lol. it's like asking for a cheese burger with no cheese, mayo, onions or lettuce . lol
well i was giving my exact preference, but i was agreeing about how some like the xfg more then the bf1, giving myself as an example.
It is a fun bit of road, there are other more challenging route, but I like this one for a shake down.

There are many points where I'd like something with more poke, but keeping the speed up with a low powered vehicle is such a hard job, when it flows from corner to corner, you have a grin from ear to ear.
Is doing that during the day a wise decision?

You wouldn't be able to see headlights from other cars in the distance and wouldn't there be more traffic?
The road sees about 10 cars a day, mostly tourists, but visibility is so good you can see a car from miles away. One of the other roads I take is nicer at night because it is full of blind bends where headlights make life a lot easier.
Quote from Klutch :Is doing that during the day a wise decision?

You wouldn't be able to see headlights from other cars in the distance and wouldn't there be more traffic?

I didn't look at the Google Maps Image too much, but most of the roads he has marked in that link are wide A/B roads with low hedges and separate lanes. In the UK, you would have nothing to worry about.

However, if you have spotted typical ultra rural roads (Extremely narrow and high hedges) in that link, then yes it would be silly for him to career around them at silly speeds. I doubt that he is that stupid though.
i don't own a car...
Attached images
sad.jpg
Teaser...

Not my cup of tea. I like cars with subtle spoilers, but I don't think the ZT has ever suited that MG spoiler. My Mother had a Trophy Blue ZT 190 a few years ago, and it had the MG lip spoiler. It looked much much nicer imo.

The one on the numberplate holder is the one I'm talking about.

Each to there own though!
it only confirms that you can't polish a turd. seriously Jakq, by the time you're done with that car, the MG is going to stand for "My God". you should also try to get a "SUBO" badge for the back. because let's be honest. it's the kind of car Susan Boyle would drive.
snap out of it man.
I've been using my black E46 for 2 days now,and i love it!i may not give it to my mom I changed everything on it,new suspension all around,major service,crankcase vent system(cold climate),valve cover gasket,rear main seal,belts, pullies,tensioners,all new cooling system etc. It rides like a new car.well it is a new car It smokes a bit coz the whole exhaust got filled with oil when the engine blew up,but now it almost cleared out,baerly anything comes out.i was going @ 5k rpm on the highway for 30 miles lol
i got it full detailed and polished(180$...) but its worth it !
(hopefully angel eyes come tomorrow so i can install)
im about 4500$ into it
how can u beat that?!
phone pics:
Attached images
P180211_14.33.jpg
P180211_14.34.jpg
P180211_14.34_[01].jpg
P180211_14.34_[02].jpg
P180211_14.34_[03].jpg
P180211_14.35.jpg
Damn, really nice car
Quote from dadge :it only confirms that you can't polish a turd. seriously Jakq, by the time you're done with that car, the MG is going to stand for "My God". you should also try to get a "SUBO" badge for the back. because let's be honest. it's the kind of car Susan Boyle would drive.
snap out of it man.

Nah, it's the kind of car an old man drives because he's still in denial that Britain make good cars.
Quote from e2mustang :..

Like the facelift, too bad you have the gay steerwheel and its an automatic
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Like the facelift, too bad you have the gay steerwheel and its an automatic

it is for my mom so thats what i was looking for
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG