The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
In April i'm picking up a M3 Evo (touring, original it was a 318i Sport). It has damage at the rear so it's cheap
Everything will be transfered into my moredoor E36
Quote from danthebangerboy :Never got around to getting the tyres removed, plus on second thoughts, and after trying one rim on the car, it doesnt actually look bad with that colour scheme, it kinda suits it in a strange sort of way i think, something a little bit different.

I think I'm in love. Looking really nice the 5' is. I am actually seriously contemplating one for my first car. (is that a 5' or a Eunos? I canne tell.) The wheels look surprisingly good on it.
Quote from TypeRacing :
XCNuse's Mazda. Me wonders why you photoshopped that thingy in background :P

Haha I totally forgot I photoshopped out the trashcan.. afterwards I was like... awww.. screw it haha

what it will look like when I paint headlights and get my awesome Umnitza Orion V2 halos in .. and was wondering what a camo fender panel would look like
(just cause.. probably won't do it, just curious what it looked like.. this photoshop is full of some tests, some visible some not, just wondering about small things.)

What I did today.. working on a custom diffuser.. yay! (this is only a cardboard template.. fyi .. not the real thing lol)

oh, coilovers are sitting at home.. didn't realize the box was going to weigh 50 lbs :/ sorry dad!
Ordered halos
Ordered a rear motor mount

so come first weekend of March I will head down to Jacksonville with my parts (coils, halos, motor mount, tower strut bar, spray paint) and we will have an install day with some friends and put my car back together.
and yes, eyelids will be coming off.. most likely for good!
Quote from XCNuse : Umnitza Orion V2 halos

no shit lol i just ordered orion v2 angel eyes for my E46
Quote from Luke.S :I think I'm in love. Looking really nice the 5' is. I am actually seriously contemplating one for my first car. (is that a 5' or a Eunos? I canne tell.) The wheels look surprisingly good on it.

This ones a eunos, which is essentially an mx-5 anyway, just a jap import one, the only difference is the badges obviously lol, and that there are various better trim levels and other goodies with the eunos as opposed to a UK one such as bilstien coilovers as standard plus many other optional bits, plus some other more mundane differences, such as a warning buzzer and little light on the dash if you forget to do your seatbelt up, and a little light indicating if the cat gets too hot (where the foglight light is on a uk one) but the easiest way to tell from a distance (unless someones gone to the bother of swapping it) is the rear panel, british ones have a normal shaped numberplate, and eunos's have the squarer one.

Mine came with aircon, momo steering wheel, a higher redline (early uk ones are 6500rpm, eunos is 7250rpm) plus i have a limited slip diff

heres the full list of differences between the 2 if you wanna go in depth lol http://www.quithel.co.uk/zz_Eunos_v_MX5.htm
Quote from 5tag :Massive *lol* :doh:

what? lol

that was just based off of a template someone made (without the vanes of course); however I want something far more.. functional, which I will be working on when I have .. time
I'm guessing he's referring to the fart can.
Facelift LED-Backlights and M-Sport Shifting Knob

Attached images
181540_198213133537660_100000469231298_748585_6667268_n.jpg
172855_198212806871026_100000469231298_748583_1321481_o.jpg
Opel Corsa B 1.2 8v lol, green, 5dr, no bumper, exposed rad, a yoke 4 da forestry!!
Quote from BastianB :Facelift LED-Backlights and M-Sport Shifting Knob

Nice, amber or smoked at front?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Incidentally has anyone worked out why live gigs are always so loud? I still can't figure out why. The bands and the audience both end up wearing ear protection - why not just turn the ****ing PA down? Stupid.
Quote from dadge :please tell me my sarcasm detector is running low on credit. you weren't for real with that question were you?

I'm totally serious. If the spl is too high for human ears then who exactly is the music being amplified for? I can appreciate that it will be quieter at the back of a venue but the fall-off in most places isn't that great. Even the sound guys on the desk are usually wearing ear protection - are they just stupid?

I suppose it's a macho thing, there is no logic to it.
the gig has to have a minimum DB at the very back of the venue. sound needs power to reach those distances. the downside is that the closer you are to the stage, the more volume of sound there is. the speakers also need to be tuned so that there is no "dead spots". the old Wembley was famous for it's dead spots. in certain situations, you could hear the same song twice(or more) due to the sound waves bouncing off different walls and returning somewhere in the crowd but with a slight delay. completely wrecking the overall sound of the gig.
that's why the new Wembley has their windows all set slightly off. this stops the sound echoing back into the arena.
or a venue could put speakers overhead halfway back over the audience instead of blasting the front
Quote from mrodgers :I'm guessing he's referring to the fart can.

I'm referring to the fact he's trying to design a diffuser.
Quote from flymike91 :or a venue could put speakers overhead halfway back over the audience instead of blasting the front

the sound engineers tend not to do this because there would be a delay from the "main" speakers and the "middle arena" speakers.
Quote from XCNuse :Haha I totally forgot I photoshopped out the trashcan.. afterwards I was like... awww.. screw it haha

what it will look like when I paint headlights and get my awesome Umnitza Orion V2 halos in .. and was wondering what a camo fender panel would look like
(just cause.. probably won't do it, just curious what it looked like.. this photoshop is full of some tests, some visible some not, just wondering about small things.)

I've seen something similar done, but flocked. Has flocked wheels too, which had seen ~16k miles put through them and no noticeable damage.

I'm just not a fan of digital camo honestly, not on cars at least. Or rather.. I haven't seen digital camoed car that I like (aka prefer digital over old style)

yeah, I need to find someone that can fabricate because I am by no means the best

this isn't a final design, but this gives me all the information I need including drop of exhaust and bracket points; so the final won't look like this, it just gives me everything I need.

Exhaust isn't that big actually, outlet is only 3"

Quote from XCNuse :.

Don't you actually fear rolling over because the downforce will lack so daim much on the exhausts side?
Quote from XCNuse :I'm just not a fan of digital camo honestly, not on cars at least. Or rather.. I haven't seen digital camoed car that I like (aka prefer digital over old style

I don't think the digicam looks right, but I like the idea of using flock in more places than just dash and interior trim.

[edit: If you want to save some pennies, buy a bodywork fibreglass kit. They are ~20quid and can be applied to anything, so you could get the cardboard in the shape you want, then just fibreglass over it and strip off the cardboard, applying more layers of fibreglass until it is the rigidity you want. It doesn't have to be made out of anything fancy like carbon fibre or steel sheeting, it'll still do the same job.
Quote from Agniz :Nice, amber or smoked at front?

Got the damn Yellow ones at the front atm because i broke one of the new (clear) ones while installing it..
You can see them in the first pic when you look trough the backwindow ^^
Quote from 5tag :Don't you actually fear rolling over because the downforce will lack so daim much on the exhausts side?

bwhahah

eventually when I get the shape and design down (maybe this weekend?) it will be set; it won't look like that though, that was just giving me the information of where mounting brackets are and such.

Also, the middle image is where the exhaust part is now; that last picture the exhaust has far to much space, so I moved that section up; but in the end I'm hoping it will be something like this

Where the _ on top of the C is the mount point on the bumper

if not, it will be

@psycho I will definitely have to look into that!
I really would prefer it to be in fiberglass; someone said he doesn't think it would last very long, but I mean.. nothing is being sucked up in the back like rocks etc... which is the other great reason/purpose of having mud flaps lol
Been out enjoying the Moors. Was extra fun as we had snow yesterday and it is still up there. I think I am pushing the old girl too hard though, as every time I've gone out for a hoon the brakes and tyres having been steaming by the time I finish.

You really like that car huh?
Of course, I like it more than I should because I saved her from a scrap yard and with some very little fettling takes some beating over the Moors and I end up fighting above my weight and coming out on top (knowing the roads helps).

Plus there is something that makes me giggle about hooning a van and not under steering into a tree. It isn't the most powerful vehicle in the world (new it only had 60 ponies), but we have fun. Looking forward to converting it into a TDi. That will mean throwing on an LSD (has a habbit of spinning up the inside tyre as it is on a shorter shaft), bigger sticker tyres and better brakes. But will make the tourist thrashing all the more fun as I would be able to keep up better on the straights, so I don't have to work as hard through the twisties.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG