The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from tiagolapa :Nice video. you made it?

No, I found it. I ROFL'd a lot though.

Quote from boothy :Are you going to pay them to scan a half built track?

You mean the pit complex, don't you, Boothy?
-
(JasonJ) DELETED by JasonJ
Wasn't it an absolute disaster the last time they offered a free month? Rookie races will be even more ridiculous than they are now.
Quote from DeKo :Wasn't it an absolute disaster the last time they offered a free month? Rookie races will be even more ridiculous than they are now.

yeah it was a real disaster!
What are they thinking about!

Steer well clear of rookie races for a while then. It's going to be a wreckfest.

Did they not learn their lesson after the last time they did a free month trial?
All it will do is put people off iRacing.
Why on earth would you be doing rookie races anyways (Not counting new-comers)?
Quote from PMD9409 :Why on earth would you be doing rookie races anyways (Not counting new-comers)?

Well, I don't, but some people do. The Street Stock and the MX5 are pretty good fun, especially considering the races run once an hour 24/7, so a lot of people will just jump in for a quick race. Not for the next month, though.
Well yeah I could understand if you wanted to drive those two. MX5 is in a D class series now, so you can escape it.

I love the Street Stock, but absolutely hate it with the fixed setup. Driving a dump truck shouldn't even be wanted by anyone.
Well, no offense guys, but y'all should have iRatings high enough to keep you out of the trouble splits. Bottom splits in rookies are full of <1k iRatings.
i keep getting order declined... i'm using a valid card. it even has 3$ on it.

Nvm the card i was using was old :P downloading now...
I'm hooked.
I need a job :o
Can someone explain to me how does the whole buying cars and track thing works? If I buy the car, how would it affect my monthly fee? (I am currently on the cheapest $12 a month plan)
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Can someone explain to me how does the whole buying cars and track thing works?

Your monthly fee (subscription) is the same no matter what content you own.

If you buy a car or track it simply adds options to what you can test or race (once you have the right licence). The content you buy never goes away, even if you stop subscribing. But you can't use it in any way if you stop subscribing.

The $12 a month option is actually the most expensive option. If you "buy in bulk" and can commit to a year or more in one go, the monthly cost is much less.

Hope this helps.

Andrew McP
Cars and tracks are 1-time purchases.
Once you paid, you can use them (provided your subsciption is running, your internet on and your license at the correct level if you intend to race the cars) - even if you stop subscribing for a while your purchases are still there when you take the plunge again.

You get discounts for emptying your wallet (6 items) and purchasing all the content there is to purchase (on new items).
You can also get credits to purchase cars and tracks, without paying: participation in series, referals, promo codes / renewal bonuses.
Quote from Andrew McP :The $12 a month option is actually the most expensive option. If you "buy in bulk" and can commit to a year or more in one go, the monthly cost is much less.

Yes I know. I only just got my wheel like two weeks ago, so I bought a month to try it out. Now I am completely hooked

Thanks for the help guys.
So, anyone else attempting to do Daytona 500? been doing qual a few times... I think i wont even make it, after all my best so far is a 47 mid :|
I should man up and buy the stock car and daytona...
anyone here still using the V8? Just bought infineon, since it looked like a good track and I'm really enjoying the combo
I'l be running it, I can just about run a high 47.2 in qual, want to get faster and into a higher split though.
****ing street stock won't turn with worn tires!
Quote from mutt107 :****ing street stock won't turn with worn tires!

Chill early in the race then and make them work the entire stint length.
Quote from Seb66 :anyone here still using the V8? Just bought infineon, since it looked like a good track and I'm really enjoying the combo

how's it feel now? was talking with a couple of australians about it the other day and how none of us have tried it for quite a while. out of all the road cars this is one i'd expect to really benefit from the new tyre model when it's released as i'm sure most of the handling issues are due to the current tyres not coping with both rear wheels always turning at the same speed and producing stange grip / slip charectoristics.
Quote from Seb66 :anyone here still using the V8? Just bought infineon, since it looked like a good track and I'm really enjoying the combo

It's probably still my favourite car, just there's no bloody official races.

I had Monday off to recover from MoE, so managed to join the 11am one full of Aussies, it's the only time I've seen sufficient numbers

I would say it feels a bit more stable than it did, but that could just be me being crap and slow of course.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG