The online racing simulator
Hama thunder V5
(8 posts, started )
Hama thunder V5
Hey peeps.
I am .. not new to racing but rather new to LFS and more of the simulation scene. I got myself a driving wheel from a second hand market (Logitech Wingman formula, not the newer GP one but the older which uses gameport(15pin)) and it worked for awhile with my vista and all the 3rd market drivers, but then it all bluescreened.

I decided to get a new one that uses USB, and the one I could afford which looked most promising was the Hama Thunder V5. I know I already ordered it and all but if anyone uses this, did see it or used to used it, please share some of your experience with it and some feedback on it. Also some technical info on it I couldnt find was.. what size is it?

Thanks! whilly2dope -casualbros.com
Eww.. you rather should have taken Logitech Driving Force GT instead.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Eww.. you rather should have taken Logitech Driving Force GT instead.

Maybe you didnt understand me. I dont have LOADSA MONEY to spend. this Hama thunder V5 is what I could afford which had the things I have to have on my driving wheel: USB port, those ferrari gear shifts behind the wheel, and an attachment better than those completely useless suckers.

EDIT: just realized you are a Demo racer.... that is sorta "Eww" imho.
A good wheel is well worth it in sim use is what E.Reiljans probably meant by the "eww". There's a lot of potential to lose with a bad controller. I have no idea about the actual quality of that Hama wheel (I could speculate though), but I suggest that you get a Driving Force GT eventually. Other than having a toy-ish look and feel, it's an ok wheel with great support and good force feedback.

Also, I think it's cheap to publically look down on demo racers like that. I'm saying this with an S2 licence (so you don't have to check yourself).
Quote from sysoosi :A good wheel is well worth it in sim use is what E.Reiljans probably meant by the "eww". There's a lot of potential to lose with a bad controller. I have no idea about the actual quality of that Hama wheel (I could speculate though), but I suggest that you get a Driving Force GT eventually. Other than having a toy-ish look and feel, it's an ok wheel with great support and good force feedback.

Also, I think it's cheap to publically look down on demo racers like that. I'm saying this with an S2 licence (so you don't have to check yourself).

Thank you for the comment sysoosi. I'll probably get something better in the future, but as I mentioned, I DONT HAVE THE MONEY. I dont care much if I lose or not, what I want is to drive around(race, not cruise) casually, if I end up on 1st place or last place doesnt matter to me. What he ment with the "eww" was a laugh at me for not getting a more expensive wheel(when I cant), and there is nothing cheap with the follow the old unwritten rule "what comes around, goes around" and hit back, in this case with, paying for a wheel like Driving Force GT but dont have the manners to pay for the actual game.
I understand. I just wanted to make sure you don't underestimate the role of the wheel. I go for enjoyment as well, I'm not that competitive either. I'm fortunate enough to have money to spend on stuff so I usually go for the extra mile .
Quote from sysoosi :I understand. I just wanted to make sure you don't underestimate the role of the wheel. I go for enjoyment as well, I'm not that competitive either. I'm fortunate enough to have money to spend on stuff so I usually go for the extra mile .

I see, thats cool. I got my Hama thunder V5, and Im cool with it, it turned out to be above my expectations even. Though the pedals works as buttons, so its just FULL or no gas and FULL or no break. And I feel kinda slippy with it, but that might've been me who fudged around with the ingame settings. Anyone have any good configurations to share or know where I could find some?
Quote from whilly2dope :and there is nothing cheap with the follow the old unwritten rule "what comes around, goes around" and hit back, in this case with, paying for a wheel like Driving Force GT but dont have the manners to pay for the actual game.

Why would I buy a game I never play?
I have bought netKar Pro and few other sims.

Hama thunder V5
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG