The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote :NVIDIA, the world leader in high performance graphics cards, is partnering with iRacing.com, the world leader in motorsport simulation. As a result of the partnership, all of iRacing’s Mazda MX-5 cars will sport NVIDIA logos for the next 24 weeks of online racing competition. The overall points champion of the next six NVIDIA Cup seasons (each four weeks in length) will receive a great NVIDIA prize ranging from NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 and GTX 570 graphics cards to NVIDIA 3-D glasses or an ASUS 3D monitor.

Could someone post up the shedule for the Nvidia Cup. I hope its running some good combos.
err..the Nvidia cup is just the new name for the rookie mx5 series
Hourly on the hour @ Limerock and Laguna, like Moose said, it's just the Rookie MX5 Cup
Quote from Xaid0n :Hourly on the hour @ Limerock and Laguna, like Moose said, it's just the Rookie MX5 Cup

I wish they'd at least use Summit.

Not that I actually race the series anyhow.

PS, over 100 people registered for the 0100 GMT Grand Am race. Wowz.
You can race with the MX5 in the multiclass series with the Jetta at loads of track, looks like good fun.
Really cheesed off that I've busted my arm and have been unable to race this week at all, suppose it'll teach me trying to be a keeper when I really should know better.

Has anyone done the Jetta/Mazda race and whats the difference like between the 2 cars?
I've not done one myself, but apparently the Jetta is much faster in a straight line, with the MX5 faster through the corners. Similar in style to the C6R/Radical system I imagine, although that does get a little annoying sometimes. I should really get involved with the Grand-Am races, multi-class racing is much better with an actual gap between laptimes.

Even with a ****ed arm Mackie you would be much better at holding a line than some of the people I've came across in the trucks at Dayona this week .
Jetta/MX5 (Grand Touring Cup) is great fun. A lot of carnage though so don't expect to gain SR. Jetta is over all slightly faster on the current track (Summit Point). If you don't get a really good jump on the MX5 it'll be in your ass into the turns. Shame it's only every second day, but it's opposite days to C6R fixed days so I can run both.
Quote from DeKo :I should really get involved with the Grand-Am races, multi-class racing is much better with an actual gap between laptimes.

I like the idea of grand am but until they fix this multiclass forced purchase issue im not coming back. I hate the way they BS about everything. I cant get them to comment on the fact we all have a mustang pace car?? huh funny that.

imo there are some things that they choose not to fix.
Quote from anttt69 :I like the idea of grand am but until they fix this multiclass forced purchase issue im not coming back. I hate the way they BS about everything. I cant get them to comment on the fact we all have a mustang pace car?? huh funny that.

I do agree that there should be better way to handle multiclass, but technically Pacecar is different car than the Mustang racecar; different 3d-model, very simple physics, no hitbox and so on.
Anyway fixing bugs gets the priority. I have found one, the car started to rotate on his own when i stopped it, while tyres were standing still. I sent em a report and 1 week after a patch came out which fixed it.

Else: there is a paint contest in iR, if you like my skin pls gimme 1 vote
Mine is the bottom one, G. Kiss
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1451405.page
Quote from Concept-X :Anyway fixing bugs gets the priority. I have found one, the car started to rotate on his own when i stopped it, while tyres were standing still. I sent em a report and 1 week after a patch came out which fixed it.

Else: there is a paint contest in iR, if you like my skin pls gimme 1 vote
Mine is the bottom one, G. Kiss
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1451405.page

That bug has been there since I got iRacing in April 2010 (happened to me a lot in the Skippy @ Summit / Road Atlanta) - obviously they don't do enough testing if they never noticed it...

As for the painting contest, unfortunately yours isn't the best so I voted for the one above it
They did know about it, that's why Spa Classic still started on the new grid, now they have found a way to fix the bug they have moved it to the correct grid.
Quote from Crommi :I do agree that there should be better way to handle multiclass, but technically Pacecar is different car than the Mustang racecar; different 3d-model, very simple physics, no hitbox and so on.

I've not been in IR that long, but has anyone official ever said that the must-buy-the-multiclass-car thing needs to be fixed? I'd imagine it's working exactly the way they want it to. I raced a Mustang in the Grand Am series last season. While I wasn't excited about having to buy the DP, I decided it was worth it.

For the MX5/Jetta series, I'd think a lot of people are willing to buy the Jetta to have a chance to race the (free) MX5 on a nice variety of tracks.
It wouldn't be technically difficult at all.. it's pretty obvious that it's part of their strategy to make people buy more content!
Quote from Gnomie :It wouldn't be technically difficult at all.. it's pretty obvious that it's part of their strategy to make people buy more content!

yup... very poor for longevity and more quick buck mentality.
With only 2 cars per race, it's not a big deal buying the other car, as you'll probably drive it anyway. Once they get bigger and better multi-class racing, like ALMS Prototype, GT, GT2 etc they will probably fix it so you don't have to buy 4 or 5 different cars to go racing.
I can't see myself paying for a FWD car... ever. And that includes real life.
Hmm, need to get back to iR soon and use my 25$ after D-A-CH won the Cup again
I am stupid.
people was giving out 1 month trials valid till the end of January.
************!
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :Hmm, need to get back to iR soon and use my 25$ after D-A-CH won the Cup again

Oh so if I renew my sub now i would get those 25$ as well?
Quote from Timo1992 :Oh so if I renew my sub now i would get those 25$ as well?

Hmmm... If you're member already, maybe?

Btw: Nice avatar
Quote from Timo1992 :Oh so if I renew my sub now i would get those 25$ as well?

If you get emailed a promo code, then you could use it to renew
has anyone else had problems paying with the electronic gift credit card, something like this
Quote from blakehoo88 :has anyone else had problems paying with the electronic gift credit card, something like this

I've had problems paying with an actual credit card, they thought it was a fraudulent internet transaction. Had to phone my card provider to get them to accept it.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG