The online racing simulator
LFS Forum Artists
(120 posts, started )
haha, Tits everywhere!
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
this thread, it lives again

Quote from ChiliFan :this thread, it lives again

Sweet lord, that is some nice art there mate.
Oooof thats AWESOME!
Any artists' fancy a challange with designing my next tattoo?

Alien tearing thro skin. Alien as in typical "grey" figure. More focused on the head/eye's looking out and finger's tearing the skin. No colour needed...
Very nice ..again.
Amazing attention to detail.
damn you and your colours
ive only ever done 2 bikes
D:

and something even earlier, from 2007 :P
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Passionfruit scene made in Maya and rendered in Mental Ray.

Will probably make some final tweaks still.
Attached images
passion2.jpg
Just finished up this bastard and handed it in Monday morning, in the nick of time. Just squeaked in the deadline. Soo much more I wanted to do, but just ran out of time. I'll probably revisit portions of it throughout the summer to improve it, especially the model, if I have time/the will to do so.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with it... I like the design itself, anyways.

Facebook Gallery
amazing job mate! : D
wish my prototyping was that top notch, or that interesting, for whats its worth :|
constructing a 1:1 office lamp as we speak x_x
Quite nice design Maggot.
It seems veeery low, though.

For some reason, I can clearly see it with a BMW badge on it.
Thanks guys

@Blackeye; it is quite low :P I messed up the jig I used to get the suspension geometry right on the model, resulting in the wheels sitting higher than the chassis (added where I should have subtracted... that's what happens when you don't get any sleep) so the wheels are actually sitting on small spacer blocks. In the CAD itself, the nose is only .08" off the ground, and the rear is .25". The CAD was made to 1/5th scale, as was the model, so that translates to a .4" ride height in the front, and 1.25" in the back at 1:1 size. It was higher, but I wanted the stance for the presentation

Quote from Fuse5 :amazing job mate! : D
wish my prototyping was that top notch, or that interesting, for whats its worth :|
constructing a 1:1 office lamp as we speak x_x

I'd like to see that lamp I'm not much of a model builder, myself, thus the issues in the model... All the grey bodypanels (except the small strip on that rear spine are and the very sides of the nose leading into the sidepods) were made on a rapid prototyping machine, as were the spokes and tires. The rest is scratch-built, though, from MDF and sheet styrene.
how on earth did you make the wheels O_O
cause it looks like styrofoam in the first pics and knowing how difficult it is to work, even with a hi-density styro im like.... wat
The tires (including the honeycomb) were prototyped (3D printed) from powder (forget the proper name of the process). The spokes were done on an FDM machine, and the rims I machined from some ABS pipe on a metal working lathe.
hehe, impressive

im a sad panda
out of all those listed manufacturing technologies...
yeah, we have a lathe, woop woop.
not sure if its suitable for metalworking though x)
downside of having a small faculty in a small uni ;_;
Oh my... I didn't even see a FB gallery link. I guess I saw a link, but assumed it's MS and didn't look properly.

Anyhoo, it looks even more awesome IRL.
Quote from Fuse5 :hehe, impressive

im a sad panda
out of all those listed manufacturing technologies...
yeah, we have a lathe, woop woop.
not sure if its suitable for metalworking though x)
downside of having a small faculty in a small uni ;_;

I find the facilities at my school a little lacking, too, but we do have access to CNC and two types of 3D printing, which is nice. I didn't use the metal lathe at the school, I couldn't get it to hold the pipe in the chuck nicely. I had to use a smaller lathe that my dad's friend had. The ABS is really soft, needed something a little more delicate to hold it I guess haha

Quote from BlackEye :Oh my... I didn't even see a FB gallery link. I guess I saw a link, but assumed it's MS and didn't look properly.

Anyhoo, it looks even more awesome IRL.

Thanks mate
bumping this thread a bit, its been ages since i last hold a pencil in my hand. I got an order few days ago . So today i decided to give it a try again.

WIP:

(crappy quality, damn webcam)
Attached images
Picture0122.jpg

LFS Forum Artists
(120 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG