The online racing simulator
Censorship on this forum
(70 posts, closed, started )
Censorship on this forum
Hi there!

Ufortunately we have come to the point where this forum is being heavily censored.

I posted a zombie to express my feelings about the "s1-gift".
I wrote that we were promised a new car (Scirocco in 2008)

My post has vanished!

The answer of a member called Flame CZE, wo asked me WHO promised
me a car has also vanished.

But everybody can look at the main homepage of lfs (lfs.net) scroll down about five or six news an read the announcement from 2008:

Quote :added Thu, Dec 11th, 2008 19:10
>Announcing VW Scirocco
Hello LFS Racers.

We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December.

If you'd like to have a look at the car in 3D or start working on a skin, you can :
- download the CMX Viewer (26 MB)

For a preview of the car inside LFS you can watch a presentation video made by Victor van Vlaardingen.

- Watch instantly on YouTube
- Low resolution AVI (19 MB)
- High resolution AVI (47 MB)
- Best resolution MKV (51 MB - does not play in Windows Media Player)

You will need an S1 or S2 license in order to drive the Scirocco when it is released.

More information next week!

- LFS Developers

Well, what can one say. The spirit of an INDEPENDENTLY developed game, that has the best online-racing-netcode is beeing severely damaged by an additude that reminds me of the former romanian regime
under Ceauşescu.

Maybe gamers habe a creative imagination.
Maybe us gamers are the worst sheep in the world!

PLEASE ADMINS of this forum - let this forum rather host creative
demonstration than to become undercover-police of some sort.

Maybe You remove this thread (I will save it)

But WE will gain energies in unmasking Your intentions.

Dandy Dust,

in the name of those who are having a mind
Quote from Dandy Dust :an additude that reminds me of the former romanian regime under Ceauşescu.

Why stop at Ceauşescu, you might as well go the whole hog and mention Adolf
#4 - amp88
Hands up who had "2 posts" as their Godwin's law raffle ticket.
Our discussion was off-topic, so I kind of expected that.
#6 - garph
I tried to write this in an eloquent, totally understandable and concise manner but in the end I decided to settle for...

...shut up.
Why have the facts stated in 5 different threads, i think it's pretty understandable, and easy (for most humans here and alike .red) to understand that the Scirocco is not released yet, and you may beg, kiss feet or whatever you may kiss. It's not gonna make the VW Scirocco get released any earlier i hate to say it.

These kind of threads take up stupid space, and there is no need for them..

Lock/Delete.
2008:
u mad jelly?

u still mad jelly?
Maybe mentioning a real dictator is questionable, I understand that.

But a forum in the Web 2.0 is made for discussion, conversation.

If you cannot stand that, make a TV-broadcast or something.

A picture of a Zombie in connection with S1-revitalisation is

FUNNY, isn´t it. If it is not at all, someone has lost their sense of

humor. That is a bad sign for a GAME.

I make some constructive suggestions:

1) Give us a plane tarmac square of 1 squaremile for nice layouts instead
of the existing parking lot.

2) Make a beta-test on the new tyre-physics and the community will pull on one string, TOGETHER (so will I - i love lfs, remeber)

3) I don´t know, maybe someone else has clever suggestions...

Best wishes and a hug to every and each of You,

Dandy

@morpha: FPÖ?
A forum is not a democracy therefore you are not entitled to free speech. You are at the mercy of the moderators whose intent is to keep rational and polite-ish conversation on the forum.

Your point is stupid anyways, as we have not been promised anything, simply Scawen announced his plans and intents. As history shows, plans don't always come out the way they are planned... Right Adolf?!
Yeah, they are removing posts without telling us which ****ing rule we broke or something.
Do you tell the garbage why you're throwing it out before you do?
Quote from amp88 :Hands up who had "2 posts" as their Godwin's law raffle ticket.

hehehe, good call. the op left very little options in terms of conversation direction.
To be fair, the Nazi card was just waiting to be thrown. Why should we have been Stalin to bring in Adolf. Hitler would roll in his grave if we didn't attempt a solution
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Its all being said before...
A forum is not a democracy, right, but it isn't a sign of politeness if you keep avoiding answers that have been made to you in the last 2 month (at least) .
My idea about this madness is kinda known and it's really pathetic how some people (pretty much everybody) can't understand the point.
It's not about people wanting stuff now or what, Scawen and Victor have found the time to post in the old S1 thread and, somehow, don't seem to have seen the load of questions that didn't regard tyre physics.
It's kinda childish really how some adult people don't want to say the truth or be sincere with people that trusts them.
Wasn't LFS supposed to be different because devs would have been in strict contact with the community to feel the reactions and stuff in order to improve the game and have an idea of how much their work is appreciated?
Real life must be really so hard if a person can't find 10 minutes in a week to write down a post about stuff which doesn't seem to exist anymore (i am thinking about OTHER updates) .
Save your usual "manly" comments and advices to look for something else because really it shows that most of the people here lack in the text comprehension department and seem to can't even write in their native language.
Seriously, try to think about what's going on here using YOUR head only just for a minute.
If you frequently find that your posts are being removed, save internet bandwidth and moderators' time and don't post at all.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :If you frequently find that your posts are being removed, save internet bandwidth and moderators' time and don't post at all.

Thanks for the advice, you won 2 internets.
Oh, sorry mum, ill'go and finish my homework now
Ah, by the way, saving internet bandwidth would make corporations cry so i guess it is not a good idea.
If your posts get removed on this forum you're doing something seriously wrong. I often post vulgar and horrible things and I get maybe 2 posts a year removed. Maybe think, then post is a better idea?
Quote from Dandy Dust :that reminds me of the former romanian regime
under Ceauşescu.

Are you serious? You're comparing your deleted post on an internet forum bitching about the lack of a car to him? You are seriously delusional.

We haven't got the car. Big deal. Your post got deleted. Big deal.

This is not a place of free speech, this is a privately operated internet forum. Those who control it can censor it however the hell they want to.

It would be nice to get a patch, or more information, or more teasers, yes. Doesn't change the fact that it's not the end of the world that we haven't, and it doesn't in any way compare to Ceauşescu. That, sir, was in bad taste.

Quote from IlGuercio :A forum is not a democracy, right, but it isn't a sign of politeness if you keep avoiding answers that have been made to you in the last 2 month (at least)

What's left to answer, really? Scawen has said on multiple occasions what he is working on and why it is taking so long. I don't like how long it's taking either, but there's nothing left to discuss on the matter, really.
You obviously knew you were in the wrong when you posted the message that got deleted since you have admitted to using a sock puppet, which is in itself a violation of forum rules.
Maggot,

it would be nice to give a clear warning then removing post directly.Those post have not been hars at all to be removed.We do not have democracy here but this defending of LFS has reached critical point and its being contraproductive. Lets face the facts LFS has issues now.

OP mentioning Ceauşescu was not nice and I think he just feel really disapointed with currnet LFS status as more and more poeple do.

Scawen reapeating lately the same and same and I am not suprised some people loosing trusts and I do agree with OP point about how this was different about devs comunicating with comunity in much better way and listening the feedback. When you count it the very offensive post from Eric towards comunity which sound like "shut up" then its not suprise we see some post we see.
Calm down kids, so things have been delayed, it happens. It's going to be released, just not when planed. I don't understand how people get pissy because the Devs worked on S1 for a little bit, it shows that they care about the community. I can imaging programming new tire physics aren't a walk in the park either. Victor (or Scawen) said they they had to learn new things on the way when programming. You can't just expect it to be finished tomorrow.
In so many words, Scavier should turn to politically-correct newspeak for any and all PR items, should ask for the forum community's permission to do anything, and LFS should also be committee-designed by the forum community.

Anything else?
Quote from Dandy Dust :Hi there!

Ufortunately we have come to the point where this forum is being heavily censored.

I posted a zombie to express my feelings about the "s1-gift".
I wrote that we were promised a new car (Scirocco in 2008)

My post has vanished!

Well it gets a little bit annoying when the kids take every opportunity and posting to start about that Scirocco frustration thing, isn't it?
This thread is closed

Censorship on this forum
(70 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG