The online racing simulator
Need Help (selecting computer parts)
So, I have about $1,000 USD to spend on a new computer and I want to build it. But, the problem is, I don't know what the latest and greatest computer parts are. So, this is why I am here asking for you guys help to help me get the best parts there are for around $1,000.

I need EVERYTHING, new case (nothing fancy), HDD, thermal paste etc. I will be buying from New Egg I don't need a HUGE hard drive, just about 300gb I have an external that I put my games and music on.

If theres any other info you need I will answer.
do you have access to iR forum? the pc builders are already selling sandy bridge systems.
apparently the new sandy bridge kicks ass
i got a decent one on newegg for a little under 600$ so you should be able to get a system to max any game out

I suggest you go to a pc building forum and ask, i forgot which forum i went to, but they gave me the best for under 600$.
$1000 should be able to build you a nice i5 machine, if you don't go with SLI.
Quote from bunder9999 :$1000 should be able to build you a nice i5 machine, if you don't go with SLI.

i7 2600K, fastest CPU of new Sandy Bridge series, is just $330. Why not to go with that?

$330 CPU,
$185 motherboard,
$30-$50 case,
$100 PSU,
$45 HDD (fastest 7200 rpm HDD on the market, I wouldn't go with anything else for a system drive),
$70 RAM.

$230 left for a GPU - for that price, you can get a GTX 460 or HD 6850, leaving ~$50 bucks more for some fancy thing, such as USB 3.0 ext. HDD enclosure, which'd make load times suck less, or a decent router.
Thanks for teh help everyone.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Motherboard I linked him to has two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports by Marvell 9120, which is not broken

Marvell 9128 controller made my Windows 7 box BSOD very frequently, so I don't think that's much of a win either
Quote from Bose321 :The chipset is, not the CPU itself. Any broken chipsets will be replaced for free anyway.

personally, i'd rather not have the hassle of dealing with an RMA, even if it is under some guaranteed (and possibly lifetime) warranty... i learned my lesson with dell... my laptop still needs a new screen, but they won't give me one.
Nice one comparing Intel to Dell. That's like comparing Bastide to McDonalds.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Nice one comparing Intel to Dell. That's like comparing Bastide to McDonalds.

Despite the fault being intel's, who do you think is going to take most of the heat? The motherboard manufacturers.

Asus still owes me a new P4P800E-deluxe from years ago, three days after building my prescott machine, the southbridge blew a nice big smoking hole in itself, and I had to get a new one from my local store.
Quote from E.Reiljans :i7 2600K, fastest CPU of new Sandy Bridge series, is just $330. Why not to go with that?

Why u think Intel has priced new Sandy Bridge such a lot for 3.4Ghz models. Because I bet they knew quite well what AMD has in the pocket....?!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG