The online racing simulator
*Higher resolution than 1024x768????
hi, i had a 15" crt monitor before and was running LFS at 1024x768

now i upgraded to a 19" flat crt running at 1600x1200 @85 hrz but when in
LFS options it still displays the same max setting of 1024x768 without showing higher resolutions that the monitor would of given,

how to change to higher resolution than 1024x768 which is the current highest setting? HELP!?!?!
you need to upload your images to a site like www.imageshack.us because we cant see them on your pc.

Try turning your refresh rate down. I cant change mine from 60 but i think this may be the problem.
Must..not..laugh.
i dont know wat to do,and i am not posting this question to be laughed at yet asking people that made and/or people that know wat to do, please dont think this is a joke
Hi,
I will give you a quick resolution on your issue.

There is file called CFG.TXT in your main LFS folder.1st back up this file somewhere and then just open it in notepad and search for line where is "1024 768" and change it to "1600 1200".After editing save the file and allow overwrite.

EDITED:reading the post below.Try also install latest video drivers and also sometimes come a drivers with LCD so install them as well.
Also as far as I know LCD can do only 60Hz over DVI and 75Hz over D-SUB(analog connected as CRT are connected).There might be refresh rate problem as well.

Let us know if it worked.

Kind regards,
DEVIL 007
I think he is just trying not to laugh at the fact that you posted image tags that link to an image on your harddrive. To do that, you need to upload your image to some webspace somewhere (imageshack or photobucket are popular).

I think there is an option to show "non-square modes" or something. It should be at the top of that screen. Could be your problem, not sure. What resolution do you have your desktop running at? Are your graphic drivers updated? Typically if you have a bad installation of the graphic drivers, windows will use basic VGA drivers and you probably will only see a max of 1024x768. Try reinstalling the graphic drivers again.
Show non-square resolutions?

Can your graphics card do higher resolutions? If it can then LFS can, as it uses any resolution the graphics card can do. But I guess you posted this within seconds of finding the 'problem' and didn't bother spending a minute working it out...
Quote from mrodgers :
I think there is an option to show "non-square modes" or something. It should be at the top of that screen. Could be your problem, not sure.

The non-square modes are for like 1280*1024 which is usual for 17-19LCD byt there are exception as well.
1600*1200 is actually square mode.
Quote from tristancliffe :Can your graphics card do higher resolutions? If it can then LFS can, as it uses any resolution the graphics card can do.

Any graphic card can do resolution what your monitor offer so the problem is hardly there.
It looks like driver issue more.I suggested him to edit TXT file above so this should work as well.I have some doubts about LCD running @85Hz though .
its a flat 19" crt, and do i have to modify other games like this also?, cause they are the same
its a flat 19" crt, and do i have to modify other games like this also?, cause they are the same,
#12 - shim
try reinstalling your graphics drivers, cause its still prob tryin to use the old monitor settings.. should make something click inside of windows to fix it..
"Step-by-Step Guide for Ricers"

1. Make desktop resolution match the native resolution of the screen. This is done by right clicking on th desktop, selecting properties, and then Settings. If you do not have the correct option you may need to install a better graphics card, newer drivers for your graphics card, or perhaps a monitor driver that allows a higher resolution.

2. Load LFS and select the new resolution you wish to use.

3. Load other games/apps and select the resolution you wish to use.

4. Sit back feeling content that you needed the internet to help you do a simple task.

Edit: This is for TFT, but just as applicable for CRT. CRT's do have a native resolution, but can go higher and lower with less adverse effects than TFT. So just stick whatever res on, and away you go. 10 second job.
What is flat CRT like?

edit: Oooh, yes, googled and realised that its just CRT with flat screen. Have that kind of monitor myself and didn't get it
edit2. Its totally irrevelant if your CRT is flat or isn't I think.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ...you have CRT not LCD.Where I have been looking.
ITs as above said.Your Windows still using the settings of old drivers.

Uninstall the drivers and then install the latest one.It should work.
You dont have to edit everygame like I suggested you.It was just quick idea how to get 1600*1200 working in LFS by editing the CFG./TXT file.

Sorry for making you confusiong with LCD
#16 - J.B.
I think the more likely cause for this problem is the monitor driver not the graphics driver. The GPU can do a gazillion screen modes anyway, it's the monitor that can't. LFS will only allow resolutions that the monitor reports as available and some need drivers to do this correctly.
-
(Schooner) DELETED by Schooner
I'd like to point out, that if you change your monitor setup, i.e. I recently went dual screen, LFS will not pick up the new resolutions until you delete the 2 cfg files in the root of the LFS directory. Until that point, it will not detect other resolutions (at least on my system). The problem with that is, that they hold all your config. What I did was make a backup, delete the current copies, run LFS, run a diff on the files, and copy the essential data by hand into the original files, and put them back, overwriting the new ones (although it wouldnt be too tricky to script it, and make sure you only copy the new graphics stuff into the original file).
um, when your in display settings click show 32 bit modes. and it should show 1600x1200. It did for me....

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG