The online racing simulator
2011 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona
(70 posts, started )
where are Brundle and Blundell at? They're driving one of the prototypes aren't they?
Mark Patterson's driving that car right now... 40 seconds back, 11th place.
Brundle running 7th, Montoya 9th
JPM is on fire at the moment.
I like that Le Mans american sauces race quite interesting and close

Something I think really interesting is that American have some close race because their rules offers a pretty close technologies with some constructor (Riley, Coyote, Lola, Dallara for chassis and BMW, Porsche, Chevy, Ford...for engine) whereas in Europe we think that if we restrict cars, constructor wouldn't come and we have only Peugeot and Audi for the win...funny
Racing? Whats that?

Caution after caution...
coverage is about to end on SPEED for the night

I don't know if there is another way to watch, does anybody know of any coverage through the night? beside the race tracker
All done for tonight.

There is a pit camera on UStream but its not worth watching.

Anyway, 3 in the morning here. Time to get some sleep.
#34 - DeKo
Quote from MoMo92i :I like that Le Mans american sauces race quite interesting and close

Something I think really interesting is that American have some close race because their rules offers a pretty close technologies with some constructor (Riley, Coyote, Lola, Dallara for chassis and BMW, Porsche, Chevy, Ford...for engine) whereas in Europe we think that if we restrict cars, constructor wouldn't come and we have only Peugeot and Audi for the win...funny

Grand-Am racing is completely different from ALMS.
Does anyone know when the speed coverage is back online? the stream link from last night doesnt seem to be online.
no streaming at all anymore?
Speed has coverage from 9am ET, which I think is 1400GMT.
Quote from DeKo :Grand-Am racing is completely different from ALMS.

That's exactly what I said ALMS is near LMP rules (with some modification about the restriction to have a single LMP class...) Grand Am is "ligher" and closer to what I think is american races. In Europe (and Le Mans ruled series) we have lot of different cars (Peugeot, Audi, Pescarolo, Lola, ...) whereas in each american championship you have only few ones (4 in NASCAR, one for the chassis in Indy Car if I'm right,...)
Because in Europe LMS is not made for sport, its made for advertistment.
For example if Audi wins 24h LM then you got a milion tv advertistments about that how good Audi is and you must buy one...
And thats why we have that much cars (Peugeot, Audi, Pescarolo, Lola, ...) because everyone want to made all car with chassis and engine on their own, is a big advertistment.
But little manufacturers like Pescarolo and LOLA is trying to make it for sport but they dont have that much money like Audi...
Quote from luki97 :Because in Europe LMS is not made for sport, its made for advertistment.
For example if Audi wins 24h LM then you got a milion tv advertistments about that how good Audi is and you must buy one...
And thats why we have that much cars (Peugeot, Audi, Pescarolo, Lola, ...) because everyone want to made all car with chassis and engine on their own, is a big advertistment.
But little manufacturers like Pescarolo and LOLA is trying to make it for sport but they dont have that much money like Audi...

That has to be the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard.
Total race time 18 hours.
Race time under green 12 hours !!

Thats bloody ridiculous, 6 hours behind a frikin pace car :insane:.

I thought the Daytona 24 was a race?. Absolutely pathetic way to run an endurance race.
Welcome to the Daytona 16hr endurance.
Quote from anttt69 :

I fell asleep under the pace car state.
Quote from anttt69 :Total race time 18 hours.

I thought the Daytona 24 was a race?. Absolutely pathetic way to run an endurance race.

guess you havent been following the race at all, only just tuned in? when they showed that overlay?

they spent nearly 3 hours under the pace car because of fog at night. obvious really.

and lol, everyones having klutch problems
Quote from anttt69 :Total race time 18 hours.

Yeah but there was a long SC period this morning due to fog and it seems there's no live snatches unlike at Le Mans - always waiting for the rescue teams' pickups, plus you can't really retrieve debris on the oval without an SC
didnt know about the fog. How do they deal with debris at le mans?

:lovies3d:
Quote from anttt69 :didnt know about the fog. How do they deal with debris at le mans?

When there are some debris in Le Mans in Mulsanne straight, SC come out too. When it's not there, hum some boys make their jobs but you can't really compare Le Mans track and Daytona. Daytona road track is like an oval with some more corners whereas Le Mans is a road. Marshalls are close to the track at Le Mans and there are lots of SC at Le Mans too. I remember in 2009 there were like a full hour under SC after Treluyer crash.
Quote from PMD9409 :Car Crazy. You love his handle bars, don't you?

forever a not dead battery

2011 Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG