The online racing simulator
#1 - shim
S3 possibility (leaves on the track)
just had a thought, would be nice to see some leaves fall from the tree's onto the track during a race.. and while the winds are up, the more leaves there are on the track, on a peaceful day, not as many..

could even match this into some seasons, have Autumn drop heaps, and other seasons not drop as many.. also could have a clean racing line with a dirty track so its easier to see where the race line is clean and not so clean..
there isnt even rain in the game... :boat:
hmmmmmm, south city with black ice..........
Quote from Thorvertonian :hmmmmmm, south city with black ice..........

T1 with ice
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
im sure this has come up atleast twice now; but i think this more or less goes along with the whole dirt on track from another car type improvement

in otherwords... its not easy to do this afaik, plus i cant say i've ever seen a leaf on a track before (dunno why.. have trees everywhere, just haven't seen a leaf on them)
While I don't think leaves on track are a good idea. Instead and more realistic would be paper/trash that gets pulled in from the stands. I would imaging that would be very hard to code. The idea of a fine grey dust being kicked up off the racing line is a good idea though.
Yeah, i wanna be running over coke cans that people from the grand stands have thrown down

Nah it's a good idea Shim, would make for some awesome video footage. Go smashing down Blackwood straight and get some slow motion leaves getting thrown up in the air
Quote from thisnameistaken :How about a giant snake that sometimes eats cars as they drive past?

ROFLMAO +1
+1 all things added with dynamic whether

and something I spotted today on North West 200 from N.Ireland - steward standing at apex wiping off the dirt that motorcycles brought on
Quote from thisnameistaken :How about a giant snake that sometimes eats cars as they drive past?

LOL! actually, that would make good replays!
hm.. i would never have known that a leaf on the ground had to do with the current weather

maybe the current season.. but weather doesnt effect if leaves are on the ground or not lol

unless its blowing like 150+ mph winds; but with winds that high.. i cant ssay you would have much control of a car
@xcnuse - i dont see many today.
maybe its because of summer.
or maybe i should wait for a rainstorm.
We should have thrown up dust. So, when a whole bunch of cars come down the track, you can see that haze of exhast/tire/dust mixture.
#14 - aoun
Its a good idea + It would make awesome replays . I say go for it devs .
seeing green and brown and possibly red and yellow splotches will make replays "awesome"?

im kinda confused, explain how a leaf here and there will make replays awesome? lol

or are you figuring that the leaves will be picked up and move around as cars fly by?
#16 - Gunn
At Fern Bay you probably wouldn't get any red and yellow leaves nor have any deciduous species dropping leaves in Autumn.
Hmmm....but instead of leaves, we could have exotic fruits dropping down from the trees. Watch out those coconuts!
I can just imagine that, leading the race on the last lap with a massive gap then a coconut falls on your drivers head and knocks him out.
Quote from Leifde :I can just imagine that, leading the race on the last lap with a massive gap then a coconut falls on your drivers head and knocks him out.

That's the ONE SINGLE reason you wear a helmet for in racing!! illepall
in openwheeler fcourse
coconuts (which aren't nuts) wont fall untill autumn anyway,

also, dont expect to see diciduous palm tree leaves on the ground, the only time they fall is when they (the branches) die completely which is not too rare, when they are fullgrown, i dont think they ever loose branches

as for the other trees though, those like plants down here (in bahamas) would just turn brown and fall off; but thats actually around winter time that that happens

maybe we should have boats go along the water too at fern bay?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG