The online racing simulator
Blast from the past!
(98 posts, closed, started )
Yesss!!!

Guys host something
YES it worked!

Now someone host a server please.
I could host two 24/7 servers (one demo, one S1) located in Europe if someone can provide me patched dedi server (unpatched S1H that I found can't connect to the masterserver).
I've dug up the source code and built a new version S1H6 T1 with 3 changes :

- connects to master.liveforspeed.net for unlocking and list of hosts
- no credits required to unlock cars
- should unlock and stay unlocked on Windows Vista and Windows Seven

EDIT - removed links to T1 - you can get S1H7 instead :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1548209#post1548209
Wow, Scawen.. that's unexpected.

Thank you!
woah! nice one scawen i guess blast from the past is effective
Cool :)
Hey Thanks

these two work on my XP
- should connect to master.liveforspeed.net
- no credits required

Tha S1 sets - on Inferno Setup Field! Let's roll
Lol, thanks Scawen!
#59 - Be2K
Scawen +100 nicely done !
I just tested and it works perfectly, I am playing on a host called S1H6 on South City with TBOs, c'mon guys.
Still, the skin download doesn't work. It would be good to have it enabled. Otherwise, it works fine.
Quote from Flame CZE :Still, the skin download doesn't work. It would be good to have it enabled. Otherwise, it works fine.

I see from the news archives that skin downloading was only introduced with S2 Alpha. So that's not a bug!

This was just a quick job to get that existing version working again. I'm not going to start updating the old version with new features.
Quote from Scawen :I see from the news archives that skin downloading was only introduced with S2 Alpha. So that's not a bug!

This was just a quick job to get that existing version working again. I'm not going to start updating the old version with new features.

Ah, my mistake, sorry
Thank you Scawen, you're amazing!
Scawen, you are simply amazing. This shows how much the devs are devoted IMO.
We can unlock the S1 on this version with our actually S2 licence ?
Yes, anyone S1 or S2 can unlock it, you'll use an unlock but you get an extra unlock on Friday.
Any chance we could see our S1 PB's Scawen? Or are they gone?
I extracted the download, unlocked successfully, made a new xrt setup. It saved the right values, but "could not load setup - using default". I then made sure all the root folder, all subfolders and files are not set to read only but the same thing
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I extracted the download, unlocked successfully, made a new xrt setup. It saved the right values, but "could not load setup - using default". I then made sure all the root folder, all subfolders and files are not set to read only but the same thing

It's because there's more setup parameters in the old version [tread, handbrake pressure] so it can't recognise it
It can't recognise its own version's setup? I made an XRT setup inside S1 0.3h6 t1 and it didn't work. An XFG setup made in the same way works.

e: xfg, xrg and mrt work but no other car loads at all :\
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It can't recognise its own version's setup? I made an XRT setup inside S1 0.3h6 t1 and it didn't work. An XFG setup made in the same way works.

Oh Works ok here.
Quote from Scawen :I've dug up the source code and built a new version S1H6 T1 with 3 changes :

- connects to master.liveforspeed.net for unlocking and list of hosts
- no credits required to unlock cars
- should unlock and stay unlocked on Windows Vista and Windows Seven

If you already have S1H installed you can just update the EXE :
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S1H6_T1_EXE.zip (EXE only, S1H must already be installed)

Alternatively you can install a full version S1H6 T1 :
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S1H6_T1.exe (Full version, no patch needed : 90 MB)

Here is a dedicated host download of S1H6 T1 in case you want to run a host :
http://www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S1H6_T1_DEDI.zip (dedicated host)

I have started a Demo host and an S1 host.

0.5F please !! For the LX8 GTR
@NotAnIllusion
I think it's credit related. I'm using Scawen's no-credit exe to test but I get the same message for the car above my credit cost. Although I can select them in the garage but can't join on the track.
Try making sets for XFG and XRG, do they work? They require no credit. If you can it's definitely credit thing.
You have few options: race for credits, hax them with the file cfg.sta (link in 1st post), or use the patched file (only XP, link in 1st post).

Funny this is - I just drove MRT fine 1 hour ago and now i get that "Could not load settings - using default"

EDIT: credit limitation only affects single-player
This thread is closed

Blast from the past!
(98 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG