The online racing simulator
Quote from Leifde :PM's have been sent out, if you didn't get one then PM me and I'll send you one.

I received it. But..the race is not held on 25th??
Oops

I guess the race isn't tomorrow, sorry for that.
Didn't saw this post b4 replying to your PM... *F2*
Ah well, I'm glad it isn't tomorrow, cause I have testweek, (week full of tests, 2 a day, 2 hours per test) and NEXT week, it's ended *F2*
Quote from Leifde :Oops

I guess the race isn't tomorrow, sorry for that.

pew am glad
Quote from Leifde :I have finalised the calendar and updated the website. I will post it here also:

25th June - XRG - BLRX
2nd July - XRT - BLGP
16th July - XFG - BLRX-R
30th July - XRT - BLGP-R
13th August - XRG - BLGP
27th August - XFG - BLGP - Double points!

I am also rewriting some areas of the rules and will post these shortly. I am going to look at the end of the main race replay now to get the positions. The positions have NOT changed.

One more thing, instead of 'bad points' you will get official warnings.

EDIT: The standings are now up on the website but here they are:

1 - siemens - 10
2 - Matias Heikkinen - 9
3 - Kalev EST - 8
4 - Soki - 7
5 - Blakjekaas - 6
6 - faster111 - 5
7 - Spudster - 4
8 - Philipma - 3

Dear Admin,
In the race, I got promise from admin th84 that I could award 7 points (rank 4) as I just lost connection in lap 17 and stayed in 3rd place at that time. Other racers agreed this suggestion (like Blakjekaas). Also, my pb is the 4th fastest among 8 racers.

I appreciate if I could get 7 points back. Tks
sry philipma , but i have to agree to leifde ...
there are rules which say how to handle such cases
Yes philipma, in the rules it says about not finishing the race. Since you did complete over 75% of it then I am awarding you last place. Sorry but I can't go against the rules for one person.
Quote from Leifde :Yes philipma, in the rules it says about not finishing the race. Since you did complete over 75% of it then I am awarding you last place. Sorry but I can't go against the rules for one person.

Never mind then. Just a game. Have fun to all.
just got a PM...wens the race...25th right?
yeah...
Sorry for the confusion, I got my dates mixed up.

The race is on the 25th.
I was away for a few days so sorry I didn´t reply earlier. I´m glad you like my humble website (http://kalev99.googlepages.com/lfsdemoleague).

@Leifde - I almost had a heartattack because of your PM. I thought I had missed the race. And I also cant see the website (http://www.lfsdemoleague.cjb.net/).

@Matias Heikkinen - I will delete your skins when you send me the new ones. Maybe some people want to watch the replays with skins. Is that ok? And also why do you call me a dear estonian, my dear finn?

@Spudster - I updated your XFG skin on the website.

@two guys who sent me the quali replay - Thanks.

Quote from keiran :Do none of you get distracted with all the talking ?? I'm okay with messages during public races where I aint focusing that hard but in league races I hate it and they usually don't allow it

I dont like that either. That´s why I used the "block messages" option(I think I was the only one).

Long post, a lot of smilies:yipee:
Looks like the server's down. I can't access cPanel which I access from a different domain so it's not just this one.

@Kalev - how do you turn on block messages?
Quote from Leifde :@Kalev - how do you turn on block messages?

I believe it is -
Quote from Leifde :
@Kalev - how do you turn on block messages?

Press - (minus).

EDIT: Too slow :faint2:
The calander is set! We have already been through this. Every one will not be happy. I hope it's not changed!
Quote from Matias Heikkinen :danny,i found a good place to add the main website of demoleague,
www.squarespace.com i think the racers all over the world can see the website.

But this place is not for free. :detective http://www.squarespace.com/pricing/

If you are still looking for a web host(if not then sorry for the :spam4: ) then try the google page creator(www.pages.google.com). 100MB of space, 10MB file size limit, no ads, totally free and reliable. I used it to make the downloads page for the league. You can log in with your gmail account. If you don´t have that I can send you an invitation. The adress of the website would be yourgmailusername.googlepages.com. If you need help with the page creator you can get it from here(http://groups.google.com/group ... ussionGroup?msg=subscribe) The only bad thing is the waitingperiod. I waited to get my account for about two weeks. Maybe they´ve got faster by now.
But what do I know... :Kick_Can_
ATC gave me hosting.
I'll ask what's up with the server when I next talk to someone from ATC.

The calendar is staying the same. It will not change unless neither me nor th84 can make it to a race.

Qualifying is 1 by 1 usually but th84 skipped a few things in the last race to make it easier (lazy )
The league website is currently unavailable and I had nothing to do so I made the standings page(http://kalev99.googlepages.com/leaguestandings). Nothing too fancy but atleast I learned some coding while doing it. I hope it´s ok for me, a mear mortal :shaun:, to do this without asking permission from god(Leifde :homersimp) or his prophet(th84 :bartsimps).
I moved the server over to s2 for a event i had to do. I can move it back whenever it's needed, but if they gave you a server.. thats great!!
EDIT: did you mean web hosting?
I skipped a few thing's last time becasue i had a league race to get ready for soon after that one

lol kalev

The server is back up now sorry for that.
Quote :
The first race will be a sprint race of roughly 15 (fifteen) minutes long followed by a feature race of roughly 35 (thirty-five) minutes long unless stated before the meeting.

How many laps will there be on sunday? The laptimes are roughly 20 seconds faster on the rallycross track and that would mean more laps than 10 and 20 like the last time.

About the quali and race starts...
I have no problem with the one by one single lap quali but why do we have to stay in the car and can´t go into spectate mode while others are doing their laps? That wouldn´t disturb anyone and it´s not an advantage.
But I have a small problem with the race starts. I fear that the rolling start is gonna be very hard to do because the last race showed that some guys had problems controling their cars properly(and it was a XFG on tarmac, now it´s a RWD car on a rallycross track) and it´s hard to keep a stedy speed with a keyboard or a mouse. The warmup lap + standing start is ok but how are you gonna give the start command(something like this - 3,2,1,go) and what is the penalty for false start?
I think we should try the way it´s stated in the rules this sunday. But if it´s total mayhem and it takes a long time to get things right then I think some changes should be done in the rules. Just my humble opinion.:o

But it´s up to you guys (Leifde and th84) to decide what´s best because what do I know...
Thanks for doing that standings page Kalev, it's a good replacement while the proper website is down.

I will change the rules for the qualifying about staying in the car but you will still have to do an inlap. I may change it to a one hotlap qualifying with an open pitlane so you can go out and do it anytime you want.

I will try the rolling start this sunday and if it doesn't work out too well then I will scrap it and do 2 standing starts. The starting signal for the standing start will be 3, 2, 1, GO in different messages at whatever time I feel like to avoid people timing it False starts will be analysed from the replay after the event and you will recieve a 10-second penalty if found guilty

Sprint race: 12 laps
Main race: 28 laps
@dayworker - yes off course you can but there's limited spaces on the server so get there early!

@Matias - Yes.
PMs will be sent out tonight and the server will go passworded just afterwards.

@Matias - nowhere in the rules does it say you can go whenever you want.

Quote from Leifde :5.1. Qualifying
Qualifying will be one outlap followed by one hotlap and one inlap. Racers must let any faster driver coming up behind them through, regardless of whether they are on a hotlap or not. After the racer's hotlap they must slow down to around 75% of race speed and drive back to the pits. They must then join spectator mode.

Demo racing league
(569 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG