The online racing simulator
Screen shot and/or vid request-re: suspension model
Hi,
I wondering if someone could please post some pics or vid or the rear and interior views from some of the LFS open wheel cars.
I'm interested in how the suspension moves (or not moves), and also how the graphics look.
I bought rFactor, but returned it within 48 hrs to get a refund ... because I found it to be well below my expectations.

Thanks

David
*loads up LFS to LX6* will post it up soon Smile
http://video.google.com/videop ... 396248302&q=sauber+f1

here's a lores vid of me in the sauber. i made it a while ago. its kind of a sloppy lap.Shrug

you can search around on youtube,googlvideo, and i'm sure there are videos posted in this forum showing the suspension modeling. someone made a slow motion video showing off the movement of suspension for many of the cars.
#4 - Don
#5 - Vain
Wasn't there an LX6 slowmo around that had some beautiful suspension movement?

Vain
k, videos uploading now...25 minutes left XD
#7 - Ndrew
Quote from Vain :Wasn't there an LX6 slowmo around that had some beautiful suspension movement?

Vain

Yep, Toni made that on SO Sprint2. Ven is uploading it atm Smile
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HL9EL7LF

their we go..video features a full lap on so2 with the lx6 from the outside, zoomed in right on the suspension. the second is an incar veiw of the bf1 racing around so2 (bumpy as hell!)

sound is lfs sound, didnt make any special fx or anything, just lfs Smile
#10 - Don
Damn Don, that was a very nice movie!!! pro quality!!!:jawdrop:
WOW!
very nice Don Thumbs up
...don, maybe you should just make 1 thread for your slowmotion videos and just update it?

i think that would gain more interest in it since it would be in 1 place rather than spread everywhere
damn so my video went to waste Big grin
Quote from Vendetta :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HL9EL7LF

their we go..video features a full lap on so2 with the lx6 from the outside, zoomed in right on the suspension. the second is an incar veiw of the bf1 racing around so2 (bumpy as hell!)

sound is lfs sound, didnt make any special fx or anything, just lfs Smile

really liked that LX-6 video Thumbs up
Don...fantastic videos. I would LOVE to see some more of those! Nice choice of music too...
Wow!!!
Quote from Don :oops i didnt notice you requested OPEN WHEELER vid, so here is the bmw sauber slowmotion:
http://www.kolumbus.fi/martin.bror/iso/slowmotion_bf1.avi

OMG what kind of computer do you have!!! Its so smooth. It looks like the real thing the way the driver turns the steering wheel is just like a real F1 driver. My computer is too slow so I can't appreciate the suspension, tyre, etc...when it all happens so smoothly its superb. I would definately love to see more videos like this. That was great, and one other thing I checked your web site and you also take some of the best pictures I've ever seen!!
edit: superb choice of music too!! what song did you use for the RB4 video? Lol never mind I found it Coldplay- Speed of Sound
and DavidSS in my opinion an LFS license is no waste of money. No other sim even comes close to feeling as great as LFS does. I have Rfactor and its a game compared to LFS.
DoN's videos are so smooth, because they are taken at 0.25x (and the latest maybe at 0.125x) time in LFS and then speeded up to 0.5x in a video software (don't know what prog is DoN using) + using a singleplayer replay (your car in LFS moves always like this when you are driving, other cars in multiplayer are not that smooth (due to connection latency) and in multiplayer replays, all cars move the same)...
i believe don said he used Adobe Premiere and possibly virtual dub.
#20 - Don
there are like 3 more slowmotion videos, but since movies pit is down, i have nowhere to upload them...
Wow ... thanks guys Big grin

Nice vid Gabkicks. That was what I had in mind to see... a good lap from inside.

And Don, great looking videos with a pro touch. I was able to see the suspension working, and it was interesting to see what this sim is capable of.

Vendetta ... great camera angle on that lx6. You can really see that the suspension is nicley modelled in LFS.

Once again ... thanks to all for posting.

I'm definately going to get the full version of LFS after seeing these files.Thumbs up

David
Great videos there Don Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG