The online racing simulator
Live for Speed on Windows Vista
(74 posts, started )
Quote from Scawen :e2blade : Don't worry, you will be able to unlock S2. I don't know exactly when but I do know where the problem is. I will soon try a test patch so you can test and see if it solves the problem. Sorry but I can't say when "soon" is, if it is a week or a month. But you are welcome to remind me again in a week, just post on this thread, ask me if there is any news...

It's on my development sheet. Only there are a few things going on at the moment so I can't give it my full attention.

its ok, at least you working on it
I'd really like to test that patch too, whenever it comes out
Test Patch U6
OK... here's the Windows Vista fix. It's a fully compatible TEST PATCH.

[ EDIT : Download link removed - follow this link for patch U7 ]

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=155396#post155396

One other useful feature in this one is the Super Fast Start
Options... Misc... "Intro and exit screen" select [skip]
Then LFS will not load up a track when you start up.

Full list of updates included in this TEST PATCH :

Skip intro option now avoids loading track
RCM now has priority over finished messages
Driver's body optimisation was too sensitive
Custom views now stored in data\views folder
Draw driver/wheel option now in custom views
Separate custom view settings for all cars
FIX : Rare crash in blue flags calculation
FIX : CPW error causing kick with patch S
FIX : Can now unlock on Windows Vista

EDIT : SMALL BUG IN U6 - When you enter Hotlapping mode, with Super Fast Start switched on, it is wrongly set to 5 laps and low wind. You can work around that simply enough by exiting to entry screen and back to Hotlapping. But I will fix that in a U7 version before announcing this on main forum tomorrow.
#54 - Jakg
ooooh! can we use this on XP as well?
Yes it is compatible with Vista, XP, ME, 98.

EDIT : And 2000
#56 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :Yes it is compatible with Vista, XP, ME, 98.

thanks, i wondered if it was vista only, anyway, off to test it!
working here
Quote from Scawen :Yes it is compatible with Vista, XP, ME, 98.

Might I add, 2k
this just confirms my respect for Scawen
Dude I Love You
#61 - Jakg
Scawen. You are a GOD
i get an error,
with patch P or do i need to use and older patch?olso get the error with patch U

could not load font
got it working with patch U
i acctually dont need it, but i like to add stuff
One thing that I noticed is that when you load LFS and directly go to "Start new game" in multiplayer mode, there's no track selected. That means you have to go back to single player mode, select a track, and then click back to multiplayer.
Maybe upon starting a new game you can have the track selection check on the GO button instead?
does anyone else get LFS opening but not displaying on the taskbar? Happens every now and then and is very annoying. I think it might be when i start lfs then alt+tab away. Several times i've had two instances of LFS open and i wonder why the game is only running at 20fps. I dont always see the multiple instances of lfs running error message.

I cant seem to replicate the problem.

I post this now because it just happened when i put this patch using XP.
#66 - abz1
Quote from sil3ntwar :
I post this now because it just happened when i put this patch using XP.

Its happened to me aswell once, before patch U6 though.
Just to make it clear this has been happening for a long time and isnt anything to do with the patch.
Great Job Scawen, I really thought you'd take a longer time-out before you release the next patch. I think you really do a lot of awesome work... which is really much appreciated down here in Germany. Good job anyway, seems to work fine on my pc.
Quote from Scawen :OK... here's the Windows Vista fix. It's a fully compatible TEST PATCH.

www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_U6_TEST.zip

One other useful feature in this one is the Super Fast Start
Options... Misc... "Intro and exit screen" select [skip]
Then LFS will not load up a track when you start up.

Full list of updates included in this TEST PATCH :

Skip intro option now avoids loading track
RCM now has priority over finished messages
Driver's body optimisation was too sensitive
Custom views now stored in data\views folder
Draw driver/wheel option now in custom views
Separate custom view settings for all cars
FIX : Rare crash in blue flags calculation
FIX : CPW error causing kick with patch S
FIX : Can now unlock on Windows Vista

EDIT : SMALL BUG IN U6 - When you enter Hotlapping mode, with Super Fast Start switched on, it is wrongly set to 5 laps and low wind. You can work around that simply enough by exiting to entry screen and back to Hotlapping. But I will fix that in a U7 version before announcing this on main forum tomorrow.

nice one...
scawen, maybe you can really change that filename length restriction for the welcome message texfile and track restriction textfile...

see also here ==>
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=153591#post153591

thx...
Call me a cynic but why is it relevant to change the filename length? Scawen has explained why and surely 15 characters is enough, lets worry about more important things.
Quote from ebola :Call me a cynic but why is it relevant to change the filename length? Scawen has explained why and surely 15 characters is enough, lets worry about more important things.

i don't think that this is, or shall be your problem and i also explained why...
it's up to scawen!
fair enough
found a bug,

if you select multiplayer/start new game you'll get the message no track selected. The obvious workaround would be to go into singleplayer and load any track, later to be changed in the multiplayer menu ...
Yes, that one is already noted. I will see what I can do for U7.

Live for Speed on Windows Vista
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG