The online racing simulator
What Card to get?
(56 posts, started )
Quote from Shotglass :
oh for crying out loud
the gts 250 is a 8800 with a different sticker on it
those are the facts...

No those are not the facts, you are wrong. The 250 is equiv to the 8800Ultra & is 20% faster than a 8800GT. Not to mention the smaller die size & more efficient chip putting out less heat & using less power.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1424480
Quote from anttt69 :No those are not the facts, you are wrong. The 250 is equiv to the 8800Ultra & is 20% faster than a 8800GT. Not to mention the smaller die size & more efficient chip putting out less heat & using less power.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1424480

Finally ...

According to some benchmarks, in some circumstances - the GTS250 gets fairly close to the 9800GX2. Nvidia just wouldnt be so stupid - to just re-brand the card. Obviously it uses less power, draws less heat and has more processing power.

And btw, Shotglass - Please dont act like a typical internet mastermind - make your facts straight before u state something stupid as this.

Note: I had to re-write this crap since something messed up. I had much more written up before, but i cba anymore.
Quote from anttt69 :No those are not the facts, you are wrong. The 250 is equiv to the 8800Ultra & is 20% faster than a 8800GT. Not to mention the smaller die size & more efficient chip putting out less heat & using less power.

great now please go and find the post where i said that its an 8800gt
and if you do (which you wont) go and stick it up your arse
i said its an 8 series card and thats fact and i never said anything else you halfwits put into my mouth
Quote from Shotglass :great now please go and find the post where i said that its an 8800gt
and if you do (which you wont) go and stick it up your arse
i said its an 8 series card and thats fact and i never said anything else you halfwits put into my mouth

Oh really? (look below).
Quote from Shotglass :no im saying it because its an 8800 series card thats been rebranded twice

Edit: FYI 8800 is a 8800 - be it a gt, gts or gtx. Its still a 8800.
yes and it is
its an 8800 series architecture... ie a 3 generation old piece of shite
I don't understand what you're on about hazaky, shotglass is correct. The GTS250 is just a rebranded 8800. That is a fact. Look at this pic, look at the release dates, the process, number of transistors, and so on. It's the same ****ing chip. Get YOUR facts straight. Sure it has higher clock speeds and more RAM which accounts for the better performance, but that's the only difference. The GPU is exactly the same. The 8800 series was amazing, 3 years ago. Today they have become a mid-range lineup, which says a lot about how good they were if they're still using them today.

Quote from Shotglass :yes and it is
its an 8800 series architecture... ie a 3 generation old piece of shite

but that's the thing. the 8800 was and still is a great wee card.
Quote from dadge :but that's the thing. the 8800 was and still is a great wee card.

no it was a great card and still is a decent card to own
its is however under no circumstances a good decision to buy one new 3 years after it came out
Quote from Shotglass :no it was a great card and still is a decent card to own
its is however under no circumstances a good decision to buy one new 3 years after it came out

your post just said it was shit. maybe use different words to get your point across?
i expect the people i engage in conversation with to have a minimum amount of intelligence and ability to follow the discussion in which ive said that the 8 series was a great card and that selling it for the price of a new card today makes it a piece of shit
He meant it's shit compared to today's top of the line cards. Keep up guys.
actually its pretty much shit compared to the low/mid end too

unfortunately anandtech only has the 8800gt in its bench comparison thingy so the 250gts will be a bit faster but certainly by no means 100% faster
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/178?vs=156
hey shotglass why dont you shut your whiny trap. your facts are wrong but you are one of those people who cant admit it. you cant argue with stupid.
Quote from anttt69 :hey shotglass why dont you shut your whiny trap. your facts are wrong but you are one of those people who cant admit it. you cant argue with stupid.

He's actually right.
#41 - Jakg
Shotglass is right... the GTS250 is an 8800. Theres nothing wrong with the 8800, and i'm sure if you got one one on eBay or something it'd be a brilliant budget card... but asking nearly £100 for a 3-generation-old card is ridiculous
Quote from anttt69 :hey shotglass why dont you shut your whiny trap. your facts are wrong but you are one of those people who cant admit it. you cant argue with stupid.

how hard can it be to read and interpret a gpuz output? im guessing if you dont know anything about hardware as is apparently the case with you the answer is very
i got myself a geforce 465GTX today.
huge card >_>
works without a problem, although i needed to unplug my dvd drive and a hd that i had enough power plugs (needs 4! zomg)
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i got myself a geforce 465GTX today.
huge card >_>
works without a problem, although i needed to unplug my dvd drive and a hd that i had enough power plugs (needs 4! zomg)

lol. i was worried about that too when i got my 470. i ended up buying a new psu. the 465 is a great card. you shouldn't have to upgrade that for a few years.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i got myself a geforce 465GTX today.
huge card >_>

Wow, not to make you sad or something but, you really should have gone for the GTX460 instead. Cooler, less powerhungry and faster due to a better core
Quote from Jakg :Shotglass is right... the GTS250 is an 8800. Theres nothing wrong with the 8800, and i'm sure if you got one one on eBay or something it'd be a brilliant budget card... but asking nearly £100 for a 3-generation-old card is ridiculous

I always thought the GTS250 was a 9800gtx+? Was i all that way off?
Quote from Feffe85 :I always thought the GTS250 was a 9800gtx+? Was i all that way off?

Oh you're right, all cards from nv are just re-branded.

: D
Quote from Bose321 :Oh you're right, all cards from nv are just re-branded.

: D

Almost like the new HD6xxx series. The 6850 and 6870 are the same exact card.
Quote from hazaky :Almost like the new HD6xxx series. The 6850 and 6870 are the same exact card.

But not exactly.
Quote from Bose321 :But not exactly.

Same stuff goes with nvidia cards.

As far as HD6850 and HD6870 go. U can flash either one of them to be one or other. The basic arcitecture is the same - so theoretically they're the same cards with slightly different clocks and cooling solution.

What Card to get?
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG