The online racing simulator
Android tablets are ready for primetime
(80 posts, started )
#27 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you used a top-end Android phone?

Yes, i've used my G1 for the last 18 months with the latest version of Android on it (1.6 through to 2.2), and I've used my friends Desire Z & Galaxy S quite a lot as well.
Quote from Jakg :Yes, i've used my G1 for the last 18 months with the latest version of Android on it (1.6 through to 2.2), and I've used my friends Desire Z & Galaxy S quite a lot as well.

In response to the question "have you used top-end Android hardware" you say that you've used the first ever Android phone (basically dinosaur tech now) for the last 18 months?
Quote from Jakg :Yes, i've used my G1 for the last 18 months with the latest version of Android on it (1.6 through to 2.2), and I've used my friends Desire Z & Galaxy S quite a lot as well.

that's a bit like buying a laptop made in 2001 and reviewing windows 7 on it.
#31 - Jakg
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In response to the question "have you used top-end Android hardware" you say that you've used the first ever Android phone (basically dinosaur tech now) for the last 18 months?

I was explaining i've used Android a lot (but admitedly on older hardware) but that i've ALSO used the latest phones as well.
although i enjoy kicking apple users when i get the chance. that chart doesn't explain that the apple OS is only available on apple products. android is available on a much wider base.
it's like having a chart to show that a ford focus is more popular than a bugatti vayron....
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Hey Dustin: ComScore: Android jumps ahead ... US smartphone subscribers

Quote from dadge :although i enjoy kicking apple users when i get the chance. that chart doesn't explain that the apple OS is only available on apple products. android is available on a much wider base.
it's like having a chart to show that a ford focus is more popular than a bugatti vayron....

Not quite. That page doesn't look like it includes the full plethora of Android devices, just smartphones.
So easily baited............ how disappointing.
Because everyone asked for such a stupid thing to be created?

Oh right, nobody did. Why would anyone want to either carry around that kind of thing (when they could have a laptop anyways).. or keep one at home (where they could also have a laptop that still does more).

It's a gimmicky device that is useful to nobody. *snore*.
I dunno, Dustin. It basically negates the need for a netbook, which is pretty damn cool. The processor is plenty fast enough for HD web browsing, document editing, and whatnot, and it's way lighter than most any laptop/netbook. This might be the future, right here.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Because everyone asked for such a stupid thing to be created?

Oh right, nobody did. Why would anyone want to either carry around that kind of thing (when they could have a laptop anyways).. or keep one at home (where they could also have a laptop that still does more).

It's a gimmicky device that is useful to nobody. *snore*.

are you talking about the ipad or this tablet?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I dunno, Dustin. It basically negates the need for a netbook, which is pretty damn cool. The processor is plenty fast enough for HD web browsing, document editing, and whatnot, and it's way lighter than most any laptop/netbook. This might be the future, right here.

Except netbooks are still useless, so you've not swayed anything. You've taken a useless item and replaced it with something else useless.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except netbooks are still useless, so you've not swayed anything. You've taken a useless item and replaced it with something else useless.

are you talking about the ipad or this tablet?
OMG the irony is frying my brain....ahahaha, good times.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except netbooks are still useless, so you've not swayed anything. You've taken a useless item and replaced it with something else useless.

50 million netbook sales say you're talking out of your ass.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :50 million netbook sales say you're talking out of your ass.

that's using text to voice software no?
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Ultimately whether these multi-touch tablets are any use to anybody or not is going to come down to software. And for me, using an iPad (or an Android tablet, like I said the software would make the decision for me) as a MIDI control surface as part of a portable recording studio would make a ton of sense and I'm thinking about getting one just for that. Someone needs to make a rack drawer for it so I can box it up with my audio interface and then it would be just perfect.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :50 million netbook sales say you're talking out of your ass.

Just because people buy them, doesn't mean they're good or useful.

Just look at the people that buy android phones.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Just because people buy them, doesn't mean they're good or useful.

Just look at the people that buy android phones.

just because 1 person said the above, it doesn't mean it's correct. dude, your using every counter argument that was put to you when the ipad came out.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Ultimately whether these multi-touch tablets are any use to anybody or not is going to come down to software. And for me, using an iPad (or an Android tablet, like I said the software would make the decision for me) as a MIDI control surface as part of a portable recording studio would make a ton of sense and I'm thinking about getting one just for that. Someone needs to make a rack drawer for it so I can box it up with my audio interface and then it would be just perfect.

have you looked at a laptop rack for DJ use?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00 ... p;creativeASIN=B0023LXSCQ

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR222850

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR265787 (very nice but expensive)

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR163343 (i have two of these for my cd decks. you can get them a lot cheaper in other shops)

Android tablets are ready for primetime
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG