The online racing simulator
SH**, should I return it?
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Noni
I offerd a guy £19 inc Pnp for a microsoft sidewinder, I presumed ALL of them had Force Feedback but I was wrong, I recieved the one without FF.

Its ok, but should I go to the hassle of returning it? Is FF worth it?

Thanks.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
For £20, it's worth keeping it as a backup wheel for when/if you get one with FF. I mean, right now the without-FF sidewinder goes for ~£60 in GAME (here anyway, don't know about the rest of the UK), and with-FF ~£70.

FF is very useful as it tells you things about the car you would only find out with your feelers (like overbreaking so you lose front traction). Plus the wheel is "heavier" (for lack of a better word) to turn, which to me makes it easier.
#3 - Noni
I think I will keep it, dont want to bother to keep sending and recieving.

Anyway- I have a problem with the pedals-

installed drivers for this but when I play the throttle and brake are like buttons- I.E. They dont gradually build up speed, they just go to full.

Thats in GT LEGENDS,

In LFS they dont work full stop. Anything I can do?
Check your settings in the programme that runs the wheel and in the game, to make sure they are set to anologue.

On the FF issue, I used to have the same wheel but the FF never worked, I was used to it but now becasue I got naother one which actually works I don't think I could drive without it.

I have one of them. Used it for a couple of years before buying a DFP. Works nice, better for drifting than an FF wheel, the spring snaps back faster than a FF motor. The pedals are nice as well, I believe they use optical pots, so wear free?

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG