The online racing simulator
Figure 8 Racing on Realistic NASCAR Server
From the first of the year until the 8th, Realistic NASCAR Server will be running s2 figure 8 races at Car Park (BL3). Races will be 8 laps. Reverse driving or blocking of the center crossing will result in kicks and bans.

Vote for Kick and Ban will be enabled so don't think you're going to get away with it.

These are races, and are not meant to be drift, though if you think drifting would be quicker you're of course welcome to do so.

Anyone is welcome to attened without sign-up. Hope to see you there

The Mock Realistic NASCAR Event will begin shortly afterwards on the 8th.

Picture, and layout are attached below
Attached images
Figure 8.jpg
Attached files
BL3_Figure 8 start.lyt - 4 KB - 102 views
got an overhead shot of the track? i found that the figure 8 layouts i created were too small or too narrow for many gtr's on the track at once... (which also begs the question, which car(s) are you using?)
I'm gonna try and use XFG or XRG at times, FBM, RB4, MRT, FOX and maybe GT's, but as you pointed out it's hard to get a figure 8 track wide enough for GT's.

BF1 actually worked better than GT's in testing, which didn't make much sence to me, but I don't think I'll use them because people would have issues controling their vehicles.
the layout (feel free to try it) i made some months ago might be wider, but i really think the best one can hope for would be TBO... the GTR's would spend most of their time in second gear bouncing off the rev limiter, or in third gear sliding into the walls... then again, with 15-20 cars on the track, it becomes a question of who doesn't crash in the middle as opposed to who can cross the finish line first.
I decided that FBM and FOX probably work the best, but XFG/XRG will work as well for today (the first day).

Tomorrow I'll switch it over to FBM

Layout is loaded on the server now that I have woke-up lol
Quote from bunder9999 :the layout (feel free to try it) i made some months ago might be wider, but i really think the best one can hope for would be TBO... the GTR's would spend most of their time in second gear bouncing off the rev limiter, or in third gear sliding into the walls... then again, with 15-20 cars on the track, it becomes a question of who doesn't crash in the middle as opposed to who can cross the finish line first.

This one with the right setup on FXR or XRT
Or Corny's with XRT. Anything else would feel stock car at all. Especially open wheeler.
what ever happened to this? i'd be interested to see ~30 people on track for a good 30-50 laps...
lol, nobody came out I'm afriad. Had about 5 or 6 people on the first day, but after that there wasn't much activity. It worked fairly well actually. The FBM worked well but it was hard to pass, and the XFG was rather fun all the way around, but it was slow.

FOX was my fav. to use but it was rather loose on exits everytime, and it got some pretty heavy tire wear.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG