The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :My Viper doing a stoppy On the hill it just floats away you have to go pretty slow up there.

Hitting the brakes and gas together will make the car land flat, according to the Apex booklet
Quote from CoolColJ :Hitting the brakes and gas together will make the car land flat, according to the Apex booklet

It's more where it lands that's the problem, your pretty much on the grass before it touches down.
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by pearcy_2k7
Vette and F40, having alot of fun just taking pictures but i keep buying cars and it's getting expensive...

Ive got abit of a question, maybe someone can answer here.

I went into Harvey Norman (massive store here) and they had GT5 on a massive TV with a lounge etc set up as a lounge room. I decide to do a race on arcade for fun. I was at Monza with all the supercars (not sure if thats important). Anyway, as i was playing, i noticed the quality. The quality was absolutely amazing. It honestly felt like i was on the track. The shadows were hardly pixelated, The frame rate was perfect. Everything about it was different. I come home and play, and its not as good quality. I use HDMI cables at home. So what could be different?
maybe they are running it on 720p?
Quote from Hyperactive :
Use these specific cars in gt5:

P Nissan GT-R ‘07 - 7:17.588
P Ferrari 458 Italia ‘09 - 7:14.190
P Lexus LFA ‘10 - 7:19.978

P Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘10 - 7:16.688

P Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 ‘08 - 7.19.882

Realistic like shit. Zonda WR on Nürburgring is 6:47 iirc, i did 5:58...
Quote from baSh0r :Realistic like shit. Zonda WR on Nürburgring is 6:47 iirc, i did 5:58...

But you're pRo?
Quote from baSh0r :Realistic like shit. Zonda WR on Nürburgring is 6:47 iirc, i did 5:58...

Did you tunezzz it? Also what tires etc..

racing...soft on?

My Zonda R with racing hard laps very close with the official time.

Tires do indeed make huge difference. Especially on nordschleife. Going from comfort soft to sports hard (just one step more grippy tire) may be up to 15 to 30 seconds difference!

I need to redo some laps because the car had wrong tires...

Anyways, anyone have those exact standard cars on the list?

The cars I'm looking for:
- Jaguar XJ220 ‘92
- BMW M3 CSL ‘03
- Ford Ford GT ‘02
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R33) ‘95
- Nissan SKYLINE GT-R (R32) ‘89
- Jaguar XKR Coupe ‘99
- Mercedes-Benz SL 500 (R129) ‘98
- Honda NSX ‘97
- Honda S2000 (EU) ‘99
- Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EP, EU) ‘01

Naturally needs to be an exact match and untuned and the oil not changed.
I have the M3 CSL, that's it.

The car you listed though, a lot have premium models?
Quote from JJ72 :I have the M3 CSL, that's it.

The car you listed though, a lot have premium models?

There are lots of different skylines s2000s and subarus in the game if that is what you mean? There were few cars which had premium and standard models and in those situations I've only mentioned the premium in the list.

I know it is not a scientific test but imho if there is the exact same car in gt5 why not use it?

Do you have any specific car in mind if you would like to trade that m3? It is untuned and un-oiled I assume? I have various historic american cars, jag e-type, ford rs200, commodore ss '04 to mention plus some historic lemans prototypes. My psn is hyyperactive. I don't mind if you want to use the gift/backup glitch for the trade.

Anyways, found a car and a time which has some challenge to beat. Check the Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA ‘05 description in the game. It's a premium car. A time of 7:59.41 is mentioned. I'm trying to do it with comfort softs atm. . And for a subaru it handles great! Very enjoyable car and a good lap is as much about encourage as smoothness with that car. I just did 3 laps and almost made it but lost it in the Breidscheid .

It also looks that the said subaru is not what I thought it was so I'll change the time in the list.
It maybe just psychological, but I feel some of the standard cars has somehow inferior physics fidelity.

I'll trade your commodore with my M3, bone stock and not oiled.
Quote from JJ72 :It maybe just psychological, but I feel some of the standard cars has somehow inferior physics fidelity.

I wouldn't be suprised if there were differences.
Quote from JJ72 :I'll trade your commodore with my M3, bone stock and not oiled.

Ok, let's trade! Do we need to add some friendships for this?
EDIT: commodore is unused and untuned . And black.
Quote from Hyperactive :I wouldn't be suprised if there were differences.

Ok, let's trade! Do we need to add some friendships for this?
EDIT: commodore is unused and untuned . And black.

yeah, add me "JJ72RG", i'll send it to you later today.
Quote from JJ72 :yeah, add me "JJ72RG", i'll send it to you later today.

Ok. It seems I can't send the car to you before you accept the friend thing. No hurry though
M3 GTR race car showing in Used car yard, tempted, along with Peugeot Group B rally car

I rolled a new B-Spec driver for my 6th one, and his name is also like my real name, and exactly like my grandfather's
I kind of expected that we would get new seasonal events today. Maybe later today...
Quote from JJ72 :racing...soft on?

My Zonda R with racing hard laps very close with the official time.

Soft tyres, yeah.

But still, its not like the official World-Record Lap IRL has been done on comfort tyres So you can't realistically improve 1 Minute just by taking even better tyres (which might not really exist irl)
A few more until i get some new cars/find some new photo locations.

Zonda R in the tunnel and Evora at the ring.

Wouldn't mind doing some photoshop work to make them look better but i don't know where to start...
Quote from baSh0r :Soft tyres, yeah.

But still, its not like the official World-Record Lap IRL has been done on comfort tyres So you can't realistically improve 1 Minute just by taking even better tyres (which might not really exist irl)

True. If Pagani make the decision to use slick tyres with that car, and to set a record at the 'ring with it, why would they use low-performance slick tyres?

They wouldn't, of course.

GT5 is a mish mash of realism and surrealism.
i mean some corners are just not doable ^^ e.g. Hatzenbach entry with 240 km/h where a Slick car is doing 190 at a limit. So i wouldnt argue about 5+- km/h but that is 50.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG