The online racing simulator
Oh FFS Victor! [MTV3 / MNK]
(37 posts, started )
Firstly my sincerest apologies for the extremely uninformative title but that was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Anyway, I got this email from MTV3 that redirected me to this news article. The most interested people can look it up with google translate.

Quote :
MNK muuttuu 31.12. MTV Oy ei jatka MNK:n palveluntarjoajana. Tuotteista ja ylläpidosta vastaa muutoksen jälkeen Dodreams Oy. Muutoksen yhteydessä palvelu saa uuden nimen: 5laps.com - "5 laps is all it takes to tell how you race".

5laps.com on palkintoja ja mainetta keränneeseen Live for Speed -ajosimulaattoriin perustuva helppokäyttöinen pelipalvelu. Luvassa on virtuaaliajamisen huippukisoja entistäkin monipuolisemmilla rata ja auto -yhdistelmillä. Tule ottamaan muista mittaa ja kisaamaan upeista palkinnoista. 5laps laajentaa verkossa käytävät kisat Suomen lisäksi myös muualle Eurooppaan. Nyt formulan rattiin pääsee ajamaan halutessaan myös televisiosta tutulla kansainvälisellä fiiliksellä.

Toivotamme sinut tervetulleeksi mukaan myös kaudelle 2011!

In short, MTV3 will no longer continue with the MNK shite. Instead it'll be run by a different company who are going to make it available for the whole of Europe from the beginning of next year.

So what do you reckon? Good or bad? Will all the mainstream wannabebawbags come crashing in traditional lfs servers like happened with MNK or will they just stick with the new-born 5laps competitions? Or will we see no change to anything?
#2 - Hahmo
jabba.

same old shit
if using again different .exe file as MNK did, I dont car at all.

I want to use same .exe file. if not, no interested at all about whatever there happens.

EDIT: care, not car haha
Hmm, I’d also like to know the opinion of Victor or generally, the developers. This isn’t quite normal, is it? Well, unless they have been given a pemission to do it.
What an vision-aggressive title
but I don't understand what this topic is talking about :dopey:
google translater ftw
Quote :MNK becomes 31.12. MTV will not continue to MNK's service provider. Products and the maintenance responsibility for the change after Dodreams Oy. In connection with the service gets a new name: 5laps.com - "5 laps is all it was impossible to tell how you race. "

5laps.com the awards and the reputation of keränneeseen Live for Speed driving simulator based on an easy-to-use gaming service. The permit is a virtual driving top races even more versatile track and car combination. Come and take other measures and team up with the fantastic prizes. 5laps expand online corridors Championships in Finland but also elsewhere in Europe. Now, Formula steering wheel can also choose to run an international television familiar feeling.

We welcome you, also for the period 2011!

It seems that my native language prevents me to understand this automatic translation. The French translation is more horrible...

no matter, I don't feel concerned by this topic.
"5 laps is all it was impossible to tell how you race. "

It completely reversed the meaning of that statement.. Google translate ftw
the website is actualy 5laps.com so maybe it isnt wrong IDK lols
This whole MNK is just another way to MTV3 (finnish commercial tv-cannel) to make money. The demo race's are free but after you bought S1 or S2 licence you have to pay for racing in series races 3 credits per race (0,50 to 0,60 euros per credit). I'm not sure does/did LFS dev's realise that the MTV3 is ripping off some kid's straight trought the lfs dev's ass without even advertising LFS ONLY MNK, and i think they were making some nice money out of it. OFC they have sold S1 and S2 license's but still. In this world who wouldn't try to rip you off?
Quote from Ippetus :This whole MNK is just another way to MTV3 (finnish commercial tv-cannel) to make money. The demo race's are free but after you bought S1 or S2 licence you have to pay for racing in series races 3 credits per race (0,50 to 0,60 euros per credit). I'm not sure does/did LFS dev's realise that the MTV3 is ripping off some kid's straight trought the lfs dev's ass without even advertising LFS ONLY MNK, and i think they were making some nice money out of it. OFC they have sold S1 and S2 license's but still. In this world who wouldn't try to rip you off?

russians, cause in solviet russia... its too cold to rob anyone
Quote from Ippetus :This whole MNK is just another way to MTV3 (finnish commercial tv-cannel) to make money. The demo race's are free but after you bought S1 or S2 licence you have to pay for racing in series races 3 credits per race (0,50 to 0,60 euros per credit). I'm not sure does/did LFS dev's realise that the MTV3 is ripping off some kid's straight trought the lfs dev's ass without even advertising LFS ONLY MNK, and i think they were making some nice money out of it. OFC they have sold S1 and S2 license's but still. In this world who wouldn't try to rip you off?

Why on earth does everything think of this as MTV3 ripping the devs off. This is business.
I'm fairly certain MTV3 is paying a license fee off using LFS to make money themselves

and you lot are just oddly defensive against about new people playing LFS just for the entertainment value, and not for the cozycommunity with helpful members, and a well established team & event base.
try reading my post in light of the actual post it was a reply to.

I'm sorry if this topic is not actual anymore by your standards. Its clearly still an issue to some.
The remark isn't really directed at you (specifically.) It's just kinda the whole point of the thread.
:spam4:
I once sent an email to lfs dev team about that MTV3 is saying nothing about lfs. They responded that its cool and they had a clear contract

but yea because of MNK theres now more finnish noob crashers than ever. Will we see a shitload of noobs from other countrys now? Propably yes.
Quote from Myffe :I once sent an email to lfs dev team about that MTV3 is saying nothing about lfs. They responded that its cool and they had a clear contract

but yea because of MNK theres now more finnish noob crashers than ever. Will we see a shitload of noobs from other countrys now? Propably yes.

Every good racer was a noob once.
Not every good racer was a potty-mouth crasher. I've been very disappointed to find that there has been a noticeable increase in knobs on the track, specifically Finnish ones, in 2010.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Not every good racer was a potty-mouth crasher. I've been very disappointed to find that there has been a noticeable increase in Finnish knobs on the track, specifically Finnish ones, in 2010.

Though, aren't there some good drivers aswell? Such as Madde who atm is winning "Driver of the year" award and started from MNK, So did torpp1s who is battling through the "Most improved driver" of the year poll.. And myself I found LFS from MNK too yeah, but I wouldn't call myself a crashing knob or never was, I immediately jumped to the world of Endurance.. And now have been admining some races, commentating races and stuff and driving myself.
Quote from Hahmo :Though, aren't there some good drivers aswell?

Sure, but since clean racing is expected by default (by me), and I don't have a habit of singing praise for doing something that should be done anyway, I don't point in that direction. That of course isn't to say I'm not genuinely pleased every time I finish a race without being driven into.
Quote from Hahmo :I wouldn't call myself a crashing knob

Yes, I guess plain 'knob' would suffice.
Quote from hyntty :Yes, I guess plain 'knob' would suffice.

Oi ;p

Since when you've been german?

(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG