The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You forgot the whole "repeat 10 times since it's cold a 2 stroke" and also hold a brake on.

Brake, yes, but I don't think it's a 2 stroke since I don't have to mix any oil into my fuel.
Also starting the scooter is a bit tricky anyway, since it doesn't take gas starting from a point of about a third to half open if it's cold, that's another thing that's kinda worriying me. Maybe it's warm in the garage, we'll see in Spring.
Ah well 4 strokes are much easier to start in Winter. To be fair I'm not sure about the size of batteries on Mopeds but I don't imagine them being really titchy...I'd guess the same size of battery as what's in my Street Triple (I think it's 8aH or something stupidly pathetic like that) and that can start the bike after being laid up for a fortnight, with an Alarm and Tracker draining on it.

Trickle chargers are a good idea (I wouldn't dream of leaving a bike away for winter without one) but to be honest, in a moped I'd just take the battery out if possible, and keep it somewhere relatively warm and dry (say in a cupboard in your room) - It should hold it's charge till you come to use it.

A little known tip is to drop the battery on the floor from about knee height. I'm not sure of the internals of batteries however there's something to do with the plates and the charge...I used this technique on a dead battery (cranked the bike but wouldn't start) and without even charging, started up straight away.

I wouldn't worry about it not wanting to start without throttle, alot of the time in carbed engines, fuel will drain out or move around in the pipes, especially in less sophisticated carbed engines where there's either a tap assembly or it only ever has vacuum when the engine is on with no fuel pump prime. The carbed bikes I had always needed a little throttle (or a lot of choke) to start, fuel injection doesn't need any but that's fancy electronics for you eh?

I also thought that I should post something snow related so I included a picture of my car.
Attached images
IMG00237-20101218-1343.jpg
You missunderstood me quite a bit at the starting up part. I'm not worrying about how it doesn't start without gas, I'm worrying that, if I pull the gas more than, let's say a third, it doesn't take any gas at all, and thus won't start. This is also making it unfunny to driver away from school after a rather cold day, since it takes a while until I can fully accelerate. I've heard it's not that abnormal, but my moped already has very little acceleration, and so it's quite anooying. And sometimes makes me wonder why it's not starting.
Quote from RasmusL :People say BMW drivers are cocks. Then, if you have a BMW and you don't know it's RWD, what are you?

From a safety point of view it's far more important to be able to steer than to go !!

Presumably they've had no issues with go traction but have had problems with keeping control of the direction of the car.

Either that or as you say they're just dumb, (no need to state BMW as that's implicit in the statement anyway!), drivers.
Awesome, wake up to a blizzard. I couldn't see across the court yard. I am getting bored of being trapped in this house now.
Kick starter might not help, for example my bike doesn't have electric starter, but it won't start without battery, because generator will not work. It depends on what generator is in your scooter. Some of them requires electricity to start working, some of them don't
snow at my place

my corsa tries to play hide and seek in the snow
Attached images
6.jpg
3.jpg
Nice snow
Me trying to get to work, when hit lump of ice in rut.

Temp was -9C.

Luckily, the other guys from work, who all drive 4x4's, came along the track within 10 mins.

Unfortunately, they were more interested in taking pictures than giving me tow out ditch.
Attached images
In ditch.jpg
Can you blame them? Hahaha!

I found myself in a similar situation (had to stop on an icy hill only to slide back into a guys driveway). But he wouldn't tow me out because his 10 plate Disco "doesn't weigh enough to tow". So I had to dig myself out. >.<
-
(Dmt) DELETED by Dmt
Quote from Bass-Driver :snow at my place

my corsa tries to play hide and seek in the snow

That is all the snow you have? That is what the government means with 'dont go out there!'? We got the same amount but apparently we are not important enough.. pff
lol sinanju
man if I had a 4x4 with a winch I would just drive round towing anyone and everyone I saw who were stuck.
Quote from Luke.S :man if I had a 4x4 with a winch I would just drive round towing anyone and everyone I saw who were stuck.

Same here, doing something nice and having fun at the same time.
Given that I had nothing to do that day I agree that I would do the same.
Same, I couldn't possibly turn down the opportunity to be incredibly smug infront of lots of people.
Quote from 5haz :Same, I couldn't possibly turn down the opportunity to be incredibly smug infront of lots of people.

Guess that's why you're a southerner then.
I'm not southern because I'm smug, I'm smug because I'm southern.
Quote from 5haz :I'm not southern because I'm smug, I'm smug because I'm southern.

Same thing.
A wonderful christmas morning (more like afternoon actually) today
Attached images
IMG_5224.JPG
Quote from -NightFly- :A wonderful christmas morning (more like afternoon actually) today

There's a car in there somewhere.
we gonna get a foot maybe,but defo 6-10 inches for tomorrow ! nothing yet tho. Winter drift movie here we come !
Quote from e2mustang :we gonna get a foot maybe,but defo 6-10 inches for tomorrow ! nothing yet tho. Winter drift movie here we come !

uhm where? i'm going to Dunaujvaros today to buy my new car and i dont want to drift to home (250km)

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG