The online racing simulator
Quote from kiss me :yes, that was in 2008,
then there were some issues that they first wanted to solve, before the release
greetings,

New physics and a new car, ok, need (to much) time for that....

What happening with interior for FZR, FXR.... ???
Quote from Miki D :What happening with interior for FZR, FXR.... ???

Quote from Scawen :ask Eric

Quote from Eric :I don't answer to anyone. Get over it.

Quote from Amynue :

Goddamit :3 *dont like* Id like Eric or Scawen to give us an update! At least a small one, as long as it contains the smallest hint about the Scirocco im happy
Quote from The Very End :Alltho I don't agree on all parts of this post, it has some points.
For example, even if the work goes on as usuall - nothing to report, the developers could interact more with their fans. They could host a league, championship, events etc, to keep in touch with their fan base. The LX event hosted some time back proved to be a huge success, and that is what the developers need to do in times like this.

Sure, we can bitch and whine all we want, but it won't change anything. The developers have their way (who most of their fans disagree with) of developing the game, and I don't think we'll see a patch before 2011/2012, but that does not mean the game have to seem dead.

Come on Scavier, entertain us! Host a league, make a fun quiz competition or anything, interact with your fans more, that's at least what I want.

Again, there are allways those who will completely bash the game no matter what you do, don't listen to them because their not the mayority. But please don't punish everyone by letting the people be left out in the cold without dialogue / information / contact between the userbase and the developers.

+1 A league would be fun. And a update too :3
Quote from Amynue :

Lol, the coolest reply to that post would be not to play LFS for a month or such.
That would be fair.
If even they don't seem to care about people not playing their game and moving onto other sims i don't see the reason why there should be people taking their defenses.
A game that has had the same content over the last two years is pretty much in stall to say the least.
A lot of fantasy is in the minds of those who say that the project is running and alive not to think about those who still trust in the devs.
Just for this massively useless thread I've thought of getting a new signature. For those who don't know, I've borrowed the line from one of the first great authors of horror literature, Mr. Lovecraft.

I haven't played anything for a looong time now, still I was at the karting weekend at Jason's (thanks again, will we have another one in 2011?) and I've saved up some money for the new wheel I so desperately need.
Apart from that, with all hopes for a patch release this year gone I've concentrated on buildung some very very nice 1/24th scale slotcar models.
My son is doing fine, he will be driving S3 once it gets released.
BTW Tor, how's the weather in Norway? We've got so much snow our cats don't dare going outside :-)

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :Just for this massively useless thread I've thought of getting a new signature. For those who don't know, I've borrowed the line from one of the first great authors of horror literature, Mr. Lovecraft.

I haven't played anything for a looong time now, still I was at the karting weekend at Jason's (thanks again, will we have another one in 2011?) and I've saved up some money for the new wheel I so desperately need.
Apart from that, with all hopes for a patch release this year gone I've concentrated on buildung some very very nice 1/24th scale slotcar models.
BTW Tor, how's the weather in Norway? We've got so much snow our cats don't dare going outside :-)

greetz

der butz

I live in Norway too so i can reply to this :3 Up here north we had a lot of snow a while ago, then it rained away
Quote from der butz :Just for this massively useless thread I've thought of getting a new signature. For those who don't know, I've borrowed the line from one of the first great authors of horror literature, Mr. Lovecraft.

greetz

der butz

Quote from Guthix :I live in Norway too so i can reply to this :3 Up here north we had a lot of snow a while ago, then it rained away

Ha!

I am fine, but snowed "in". It's like 40cm of snow, and yesterday my mothers cat got stucked under a car who were parked lol

Btw Der Butz, don't write in riddles, use your balls and tell us your opinion

And of course, 2011 we'll join team again. Practise so we can win again
Quote from Guthix :Goddamit :3 *dont like* Id like Eric or Scawen to give us an update! At least a small one, as long as it contains the smallest hint about the Scirocco im happy

There where some Z patches last year but some people took that opportunity to complain about it that it wasn't enough.. Crying all over the place. "Is this all?" ... Really motivating for a developer to continue.

But ehr, this long silence is maybe getting a little bit over-exaggerated... [...]
If companies like EA are slowly treading back into simulation territory, and doing that by hiring people that already worked on fairly realistic sims, I'd start worrying about my turf.

SHIFT wasn't there yet, but seeing how people complained a lot about realism, the sequel might be putting down its foot closer to where LFS is. And at some point, THIS game is going to be screwed. Things like Forza and GT5 getting support for decent wheels doesn't exactly help, either.

Meanwhile, the developers are keeping mum and apparently trying to implement the kitchen sink, no matter how long it takes.

Good going.
The new physics are going to be good right? Two years of work that was so HARD that scawen couldn't even post on the forums!
After this long of development the LFS S3 will be more realistic then real life
Quote from Amynue :

Yea for a long time i was thinking of buying the game, but after that 3 posts i decided that i won't.
wolfshark: that guy (amynue) is just an stupid guy.. Don't worry about him, get S2, it's awsome

(have a look at those quotes, you'll see how much of an idiot amy(nue) whinehouse is)
Finally got my chance to test out the "Report Post" future. Useful thing.
I do agree with the "buy S2" part of the post actually.
Quote from wolfshark :Yea for a long time i was thinking of buying the game, but after that 3 posts i decided that i won't.

They're quoted out of context
Quote from MyBoss :Two years since this ...

"We are pleased to announce that we plan to release the new VW Scirocco in Live for Speed during the week ending Friday 19th December."

[/Flamesuit On!]

haha FAIL!

I was joking when I said it would get released 2 years later...I guess i should've been srs Oh well...
Quote from GianniC :They're quoted out of context

Not really, that is what Scawen said when I asked him about FZ/FX interiors. And as we know Eric wont answer to anyone so second quote sums it also ok.
lol
Just jumped back on after over a year off and had a couple of races, picked it back up after a couple of laps and it's still just as much fun as it ever was. An update would be nice, but LFS is still my favourite after having played just about every other sim on offer in the last year (except iRacing, too expensive and I played it before, probably better than LFS at the moment).
This game is becoming a joke.

No matter how good it is, comunication between developers and customers is terrible.
Quote from CobraDrifter :haha FAIL!

I was joking when I said it would get released 2 years later...I guess i should've been srs Oh well...

And you would be wrong!

Because it hasn't been released yet.
Quote from thezero :This game is becoming a joke.

No matter how good it is, comunication between developers and customers is terrible.

I know the devs don't do progress reports because they don't want to write a book about the development of the game but I think 90% of people here would be happy with something like:

"This month I worked on the tyre physics again, I tried a new way of punctures that didn't work and continued with other aspects of the tyres simulation. Victor developed a new record system for making videos and Eric made some new textures in his spare time. We think the next patch will still be about 8-10months away."

Surely something like that every now and again wouldn't take more than 5 mins and make the whole forum a better place.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG