#1 - Zay
Hello, I was just wondering if anybody could help me with a problem....
Ok, so one day I was on skype, talking to friends with my headset. I turn the computer off, go to bed. The next day I wake up, start computer, and my friends could no longer hear me and I cant hear them. But the thing is my computer sais my mic is working fine, and the only thing I can hear is skype, I can hear youtube, lfs, etc.
Heres what Ive already tried:
Unplug, plug back in headset
Check everythings configured right on skype
Reinstall skype
Go through skypes troubleshooting process.
Make sure my computer sences it+that its working fine
Thanks,
zay
is the headset usb, or a simple plug, or two?

either way try reinstalling drivers, and do another re-install, and a restart
#3 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :is the headset usb, or a simple plug, or two?

either way try reinstalling drivers, and do another re-install, and a restart

Two plugs
do you have windows seven?

also try the drivers
#5 - Zay
Quote from logitekg25 :do you have windows seven?

also try the drivers

Yeh, windows 7, hmm, where do i go for drivers?
not sure, usually everyone else tells me that
it could help if you posted what soundcard you have

i'm guessing you have a realtek hd audio crap, so go here for the drivers - www.realtek.com.tw and look for "hd audio codec"
if that doesn't work, well, c4.
Well, dont know whats up with Win7 (Also WinVista) - ive had alot of problems getting 3.5mm mics workin on them. Audio output seems to work fine, but input is very messed up. Back in the day in WinXP u just plugged the mic in and u were ready to roll. Try plugging the mic into another port and if ur driver software tells that its plugged in, go inthere and re-set that port to work as mic input. U can do that with many onboard cards (including my Realtek). So in theory i could connect 7 mics to my soundcard.

As Logitek sayd, check your drivers. If you have a PC that was pre-made then look up on the manufactuer site, if not. Look at the motherboard (incase ur on integrated audio) and google for the motherboard model name and u will find the drivers. U could also go with the CD's u most likely got with ur PC but id recommend to get newest ones from the interwebs.

Edit:
Quote from nikopdr :i'm guessing you have a realtek hd audio crap ...

Realtek cards deliver enough quality, considering what ur currently running on that card (that sub, u know). My realtek 888 chip delivers 24bit 96kHz just fine (for the almighty FLAC's).
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
#9 - Zay
Sorry to bump my old thread, but the problem is still not fixed. As for the sound card, I have no clue, as it wasnt me who bought this computer.
Could you try to connect your speakers and then see if you can hear anything or try the headset on another PC?
I first thought the set could be dead, but then after reading the 1st post again it can't be if you hear youtube and stuff...
#11 - Zay
Quote from matijapkc :Could you try to connect your speakers and then see if you can hear anything or try the headset on another PC?
I first thought the set could be dead, but then after reading the 1st post again it can't be if you hear youtube and stuff...

Ahah, thanks, I never thought of that. No, still, no sound is coming out
#12 - Zay
Now, after an hour or so of messing around, it is still not working, its just worse, now whenever the mic cable is plugged in the sound is all static. When just the headphone cable is in, the sound is fine. Whatever though, those are the lest of my worries.
I got very weird problems
Yesterday morning I texted few people (they were online), left it all day online and finally this morning I get replys from them with a timestamp from yesterday, same as messages from some other people who contacted me, and message was delayed only 14 hours

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG