The online racing simulator
G25 issues.
(14 posts, started )
G25 issues.
Hi all,

I have looked around at various forums covering various issues and didnt find anything which could tell me. So now I am posting here in hope of some movement on my wheel situation.

Firstly my brake pedal is sticking on just slightly in sim. I beleive this may be due to dust build up and so I will be cleaning that up soon. If however other people have had this issue and it was not due to dust build up please let me know what you have done.

Secondly My whole wheel is losing it's center in sim. I.E. I set up my wheel to be at 400 degrees rotation and start up the sim with it perfectly in line, however as soon as i start to drive the centering goes off (always to the left) by about 30-40 degrees and i have no idea what is causing this or how to fix it.

If anyone knows of any fixes that would be brilliant. On another note if either of these issues are not fixable I have owned my G25 for coming on a year now and beleive that it still has it's warranty.

Thanks,

Oscar.
About the pedals:
they spike after 1 and a half year old or so. You can open them and clean a bit, but they'll start spiking again in 3 weeks or less.

I have my throttle and brake axes modified a bit, so I can reach both limits. Use DXTweak2
-
(Silverracer) DELETED by Silverracer : Quoted below.
Quote from Silverracer :Exactly the same happened to my G25 throttle. Thankfully it was within the original 2 year warranty and I've got a replacement (G27).

Now, less than 3 months/7500miles the G27 throttle is showing first signs of spiking...

Well, that's what you can expect with potmeters.
try recalibrating and unplugging and plugging the usb connector, that always fixes it for me.

also my g25 is several years old and it never spikes.
Having the same spiking problem, gets quite annoying after a while.
Already cleanded it out, it was full of dog hairs and dust (which probably sticks to your socks and gets caught in the pedals). Didn't help at all.

I was wondering though, is logitech's warranty any good, I'm not sure if it's still in warrantly, but I'd like it replaced.
Possibly get it replaced for a G27 with an extra payment.
That's why I'm wondering, even if i'm not sure about warranty, how good is Logitech's customer support actually?
Quote from Stiggie :...how good is Logitech's customer support actually?

In my experience, its doesn't get any better than this - of course, I only dealt with them couple of times with regards to getting my G25 (which was under warranty) - fixed/replaced. And they did just that with flying colours; I got my replacement (a G27!) within 5 days of making the first call.

Do a quick search for the stuff you need before making a call (stuff like original receipt and the serial numbers under the wheel...)

Good luck!

PS: The G27 pedal trouble mentioned above disappeared and haven't come back, thankfully! Hopefully it was a calibration issue or something.
Quote from Silverracer :In my experience, its doesn't get any better than this - of course, I only dealt with them couple of times with regards to getting my G25 (which was under warranty) - fixed/replaced. And they did just that with flying colours; I got my replacement (a G27!) within 5 days of making the first call.

Worth a try, though I've taken a look.. and the dutch online pc store I've bought it from says I've ordered it at the 8th of december 2008, as a replacement for a thrustmaster I've bought at the same store before.
Needless to say, the 2 years of Logitech warranty would just have been expired this month.
The webstore I ordered that G25 at is now bankrupt aswell, so that doesn't really help either. Guess it's worth a try though, to see if i can get anything at all out of it.
pedals start to blip -> WD-40 = fixed.
anything else -> call logitech support = fixed.
it works well, but the warranty is about to expire -> fake it... or just say the shifter is not holding the gears ingame or smth. = fixed.
Logitech customer support is second to none. their very helpful and in most cases, they will offer you some kind of deal. like money off a G27. i've never heard of them asking for a product to be sent back so they can repair it.
give them a call. you might be surprised. explain the G25 was a replacement for the thrustmaster. and that might help your cause.
Quote from dadge :Logitech customer support is second to none. their very helpful and in most cases, they will offer you some kind of deal. like money off a G27. i've never heard of them asking for a product to be sent back so they can repair it.
give them a call. you might be surprised. explain the G25 was a replacement for the thrustmaster. and that might help your cause.

Actually I just called, conversation was over pretty quickly. Explained the problem, also made up a second problem with the wheel concerning a ffb issue.
He hardly asked anything, worryingly.. just what the problem was, which games it was in and if I've tried anything to solve it.
Hardly had to explain anything for him to state that it is a problem concerning the wheel. Alright, great.
He almost immediately sent an e-mail in which I needed to add the proof of purchase, and he did indeed say: ''So we can replace it, send a new one to you.''
Also added that they have indeed stopped making the G25, so if it'd get replaced, it would be the G27. Couldn't say anything about possible costs yet though.
I'm just going to add to the e-mail that we've tried contacting the bankrupt online store etc. etc. And that's why it took so long, hence it's just out of warranty now.
Anyway, guess it's time to make up that story and see if I can indeed get it replaced without too much of a hassle.
if you get the proof of purchase, Logitech will look after the rest. if you paid by credit card, a bank statement could show the purchase.
Quote from dadge :if you get the proof of purchase, Logitech will look after the rest. if you paid by credit card, a bank statement could show the purchase.

Well what do you know, no questions asked indeed, getting a G27 for free as soon as they're in stock!
Don't even have to send the G25 back or something, receiving the track and trace as soon as one's available. Wow, talk 'bout service.
I've done 57k km with my g25 and g27. Got g27 as warranty replacement because the shifter wasn't working properly anymore and the steering would go off-center. However I've done all the 57k km with the pedals from the G25. However the throttle was sqeeking and were full of dust. I reversed the pedals (because it is more real) so they are hanging upside down. took most of the dust of, stops dust getting in the mechanism and the sqeeking also stopped after a while .

In your situation I would contact Logitech for warranty.

EDIT: never had any spiking.

G25 issues.
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG