The online racing simulator
Quote from 666-Schmo-666 :Hi Guys

next Noob on stage

Just bought an S2 License today and now im really looking forward to get in the game.

Welcome!
Quote from Mille Sabords :H shifter + clutch will certainly slow you down a little bit, but you will enjoy the races better. Your choice then!
You can also look for specific servers that only allow clutch + shifter, they do exist - in case you want to compare.
Hardcore (clutch + shifter, amd the car proper rotation ° - i.e. 720° for road cars) IS slower, but not so much that you can not compete.

Race_S setups are not horrible for learning the tracks, but clearly not good enough to be competitive.
Try to tweak them or use one of the 2 databases for setups around (look for team inferno or setupgrid)

Have fun!

Yes i think i'l look for those hardcore servers to give it a try, and i've dicided to keep using the clutch + shifter, it's just more fun . Although the f1 and the faster cars by default dont use the shifter so its eazyer to change gears at fast speeds.
Hello new people! Enjoy your stay with LFS
Worths it
Hooraay for racing
Saying hi
Okay, so I've posted already, and thought I ought to say hi. I've been away from sim racing for more than a decade. Actually, away from simming as a whole for that time. But last year I started sim flying again when I saw the Orbx scenery for FSX. Amazing stuff. (I'm a RL pilot, so I enjoy practicing on the pc.) That started my MP experience (all new to me....didn't have that fancy ability to connect to others when I was last simming). Next came Rise Of Flight. Okay, this MP stuff is addicting.

So, recalling with fondness my old Papyrus IndyCar and Nascar days, I looked around on the internet for the best racing sim and found LFS. Tried the demo, and I'm hooked. Licensed S1 to start, but I like it so much I'll go up to S2 right away. I'm using my CH Eclipse yoke and CH rudder pedals. They're okay, but a dedicated wheel might be in my near future.

So, I've tried several of the cars. Love the LX6 and the cart! The FMB is sweet as well! The tracks are incredible.

I'm looking forward to driving online, but don't want to be a pain noob when I do. I'm practicing with AI at OK setting, but I'm still finding it hard to be competitive with them.

A question: will consistent lap times at Blackwood in the 1:35-1:45 area in the XFG or high 1:20s to low 1:30s in the LX6 be fast enough to stay out of people's way online? Should I keep practicing offline or should I just join and try to make it around the circuits without hitting anyone or driving off road and not worry about being competitive at first?

Looking forward to racing with everyone.
Quote from Griphos :
A question: will consistent lap times at Blackwood in the 1:35-1:45 area in the XFG or high 1:20s to low 1:30s in the LX6 be fast enough to stay out of people's way online? Should I keep practicing offline or should I just join and try to make it around the circuits without hitting anyone or driving off road and not worry about being competitive at first?

Looking forward to racing with everyone.

Hi there!

XFG on Blackwood: 1:35-1:37 consistently should be enough for you to find competition & close racing. Above 1:40 you would be at the back, and since it is a demo combo you may face unexpected & unpredictable fellows on track.
Low 1:35 and racecraft (or better laptimes with no racecraft ) for the win.

LX6 on blackwood: You will have trouble finding races online, but if you do consistent 1:25-1:28 you will find good fights. Try South City in the LX4/6, always a blast even offline.

Online racing will tech you more and faster, and if you ask nicely you will receive tips and setups. You may also be punted off track and yelled at for it, so don't worry and change server...

Good luck and welcome
Hi lads. Got my lincence the other day and geting a better wheel soon.
Still need loads of practice on the track. I am geting addicted to lfs
Quote from Mille Sabords :Hi there!

XFG on Blackwood: 1:35-1:37 consistently should be enough for you to find competition & close racing. Above 1:40 you would be at the back, and since it is a demo combo you may face unexpected & unpredictable fellows on track.
Low 1:35 and racecraft (or better laptimes with no racecraft ) for the win.

LX6 on blackwood: You will have trouble finding races online, but if you do consistent 1:25-1:28 you will find good fights. Try South City in the LX4/6, always a blast even offline.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I listed a pretty big range, didn't I? I'm pretty consistent 1:35-1:37 in the XFG at BL, so I'll go ahead and join in some BL XFG races, even though those often have demo racers in them. I'll try the LX6 at SO too. I drove that track (SO6) in the MRT yesterday and loved it! And I just figured out how to use the hotlap analyzer on LFSWorld (big help!), so can check to see what competitive lap times are now for each car and track.

But I very much like the LX6 and the MRT and the FMB, so which tracks should I practice with each of these so that when I have competitive hotlop times I can join races where people drive cleanly?

EDIT: Okay, I lied. Just ran BL1 again in the XFG and I can do 1:39 laps, and pretty much stay at 1:39-1:40, but that's the best I'm doing. Got to practice holding the grooves better and getting out of the corners better. But I'll go ahead and join some races. I'll probably learn more that way.
Looking for more info
Okay, I just drove in my first two online races!! BL1 in the XFG. I was pretty consistent 1:39 or 1:40, which was good enough to earn me a 4th and 5th out of field of 11. But I'm not that impressed with myself, since there were some nutjobs on that track! Demo drivers, I guess. Or just kids. Certainly people who didn't much care about the "Rules for Clean Racing" in the manual. But I found that if I stayed out of their way, it wasn't too hard to pass them when they spun out or when they took a bad or slow line through a curve.

So, I'm definitely not a kid anymore!! I'd like to join a team that is both serious but in it to have fun, but emphasizes driving clean, where I could learn, and get better, and eventually contribute to the team.

I can tell I'm going to really enjoy this. Sad it took me so long to discover this incredible sim.
-
Big to LFS (dringeruk) DELETED by dringeruk
Hi people, welcome!
Have fun with LFS which is a little gem for me.

Little advice from me; race by the book allways.. even other races look like doesn't care the rules.
Some times it could be difficult to keep up good behavior against the ones behave like a totall idiot but it is worth it.
A clean name is important to join & enjoy decent servers. You will see..

Enjoy!

PS. At the LFS forum you may find many answers to your potential questions.
Welcome guys+girls!
Quote from halo :Hi people, welcome!
Have fun with LFS which is a little gem for me.

Little advice from me; race by the book allways.. even other races look like doesn't care the rules.
Some times it could be difficult to keep up good behavior against the ones behave like a totall idiot but it is worth it.
A clean name is important to join & enjoy decent servers. You will see..

Enjoy!

PS. At the LFS forum you may find many answers to your potential questions.

I always race that way the cleanest person near me is racing, which at times is not very clean , but usually it is
I am a new Racer.
I am a new player in the LFS, I bought my S2 license recently. I'm training and perfecting more and more.
I'm wondering if there will be a championship soon.
Thank you!
Hello

There are championships every ~2nd day goin on and they're many
Hi . My Name Is Anton . I Bought S2 5 march . My First Time i Played LFS Was When My Dad Did Download it some Years Ago =) . i was banned from this forum earlier for asking for all car skins. but now im back . Merry Christmas . i dont know what more to say about me........................................
welcome driftanton
Quote from Drift_anton :Hi . My Name Is Anton . I Bought S2 5 march . My First Time i Played LFS Was When My Dad Did Download it some Years Ago =) . i was banned from this forum earlier for asking for all car skins. but now im back . Merry Christmas . i dont know what more to say about me

That makes no sence
Hey im Lambert
I play lfs now like 2 or 3 days
And i like it verrymuch
Im now a demo racer but im gonna buy s2 license soon !

Greetz
Quote from sjava :That makes no sence

Obviously he had a demo account, asked for all skins and was banned for using cracks. Now he has another account and payed for his license.
It makes sense to me
Then how early was that?

Quote from lambertttt :Hey im Lambert
I play lfs now like 2 or 3 days
And i like it verrymuch
Im now a demo racer but im gonna buy s2 license soon !

Greetz

Welcome
Hi! I stumbled across this site while googling how LSD preload etc works. Wow, there's a lot of people on here who really know their stuff.

My background is that I'm totally addicted to Gran Turismo, at the moment I'm really getting into the car tuning, hence my search for some background info on LSDs. A quick look around here has me impressed with the detail in the physics engine and also that being Open Source the tuners can understand what is happening a lot better (a common frustration for GT tuners is they don't know how the "black box" of a physics engine is interpreting their settings).

So I'm super-keen to try out LFS, but there is a slight problem: I don't actually own a PC that runs Windows! (I'm writing this from an EeePC that runs Puppeee) So I'll borrow a friend's laptop or something to try it out. Or sneak in to work at night to covertly use their PCs!

With the fantastic customisation of tuning I've seen here, LFS could well take over from my Gran Turismo addiction...
First of all, welcome to LFS

Well, in LFS, you cannot literally tune the car, although the setup options are wide. It depends on the car you have. In GTR's or single-seaters, you can customise much more than in road cars for example. But there is e.g. no way how to legally increase power or displacement and use it online without problems (*).

* - ah yes, there is LFSTweak, where you can alter some car specs, but it isn't usable online as long as others don't have the same settings, and I'm afraid it works only for licensed racers.
Hi everyone, i'm new in this game so i would like to learn something. Sorry for my bad english
Hello there racers!

I'm new to this game, and I must say that thusfar, I'm enjoying it to the fullest! I bought my S2 license two days ago, and although I suck at the game (simulator, really), I recently made my own skin. Don't you just love having something unique?

There are still some problems I run into, e.g. engine problems around the fourth or fifth lap, but I just found out elsewhere on this forum that it's probably because I practically kill my engine by downshifting too fast, causing it to "overclock" my RPM. I'll check out if that's really the cause first thing in 2011.

Happy new year all!
Yep if you downshift too fast you will damage your engine.
Quote from Arneve :Hello there racers!

I'm new to this game, and I must say that thusfar, I'm enjoying it to the fullest! I bought my S2 license two days ago, and although I suck at the game (simulator, really), I recently made my own skin. Don't you just love having something unique?

There are still some problems I run into, e.g. engine problems around the fourth or fifth lap, but I just found out elsewhere on this forum that it's probably because I practically kill my engine by downshifting too fast, causing it to "overclock" my RPM. I'll check out if that's really the cause first thing in 2011.

Happy new year all!

i ran into the same problem when i first played lfs,if using manual which seems like u are them downshifting when revs to high or late gear changing will be your problem,im no expert though so may be wrong,theres plenty around with greater knowlodge and most will be happy to help you,see u on the tracks

New players say hi here
(3704 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG