The online racing simulator
LFS VideoMode Competition Round 4 : "Weather"
(55 posts, started )
Double post...
Is anyone else going to participate?
Was going to, but mis-read the rules.

YouTube

Maybe give it another try later.
Yes that's right, falling snow like that with the snowmod should be allowed unlike the snow mod itself.
Correct me if I'm wrong SWE[RE]
I'm mid way through the video, just getting on slowly - it takes a lot of time to get the rain perfect
Quote from speed1230 :Yes that's right, falling snow like that with the snowmod should be allowed unlike the snow mod itself.
Correct me if I'm wrong SWE[RE]

That would be correct. Using snow modmod and adding falling snow to it actually requires some work/skill so that would be legit.
I have this idea, another "emotional" kind of clip. It would only be around 30seconds though. Would it be ok?
Quote from DevilDare :I have this idea, another "emotional" kind of clip. It would only be around 30seconds though. Would it be ok?

There's no limit, just make it.
-
(speed1230) DELETED by speed1230
Quote from speed1230 :Would avi do? I'll re-upload it soon if so

I always use wmv. in HD 720p Quality. Not too big file, avi would make from a 2 minutes clip over 1GB. An long time to upload.

Cool entry btw, as I recognize, some rain isn't very easy. I would compete in this round too, but I can't. -.-
-
-
FINAL ENTRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctu45rqscqI
NOTE: YOU MUST WATCH THE VIDEO IN 720p TO SEE THE RAIN IN SCENES WHERE RAIN IS LESS DENSE! YOU WILL NEED TO LOOK VERY CAREFULLY AT THE BF1 PASSING UNDER AVON BRIDGE AND THE 1st LX6 SCENE (0:12) TO SEE THE RAIN

Video has been reuploaded with HD 720p so you can see the rain in scenes where rain is less dense
I still can't fix the rain droplets on screen on onboard views sadly
This is the hardest video that I've ever made, it took longer to make than my LFS Intro example so I hope you like it
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLenFRmZixs
Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxLqUzScxo
Quote from speed1230 :Would avi do? I'll re-upload it soon if so

AVI is container, not a format.
Quote from FireMike15 :I always use wmv. in HD 720p Quality. Not too big file, avi would make from a 2 minutes clip over 1GB. An long time to upload.

What I told speed1230. AVI can hold almost every possible type of video - uncompressed, MPEG-1 to MPEG-4, H.264 etc.

But best quality-to-size ratio can be achieved by using H.264 video (preferably encoded using x264) and AAC audio (in either MP4 or MKV container, as container doesn't affects quality/size/anything else, I'd prefer MP4 because it's supported by Windows 7 out of the box).
Not many interested in competing this time. Maybe the theme was harder than I thought, seemed to have scared a few away.
But good, we have 2 entries sofar.
2 weeks are left, there's enough time for it. And it haven't to be even long.

-Litro,
Your vids getting always a bit more interresting imo, but i don't like that roughly zoom.
And stop that "TheEnd", just fade the sound and the video, slowly into black.
Finally I have a worthy competitor!
Quote from FireMike15 :
-Litro,
Your vids getting always a bit more interresting imo, but i don't like that roughly zoom.
And stop that "TheEnd", just fade the sound and the video, slowly into black.

Sorry I can't do it so well as others, because of limited resources of my PC. I need to record it 4 or 8 times slower and even that is quite laggy. OK, no more "The End"if you don't like it so much.
Sometimes "The End" is acceptable, imo, possibly like a story based movie like a car chase
1 week left.
Do we get some entries?
Quote from speed1230 :FINAL ENTRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctu45rqscqI

dust on gravel during rain?
still nice video
Quote from Litro :Sorry I can't do it so well as others, because of limited resources of my PC. I need to record it 4 or 8 times slower and even that is quite laggy. OK, no more "The End"if you don't like it so much.

better than "THE END" is fading into black and in small white simple font something like "by Litro" ...it says it is "the end" of the movie but doesnt look like The End of Tom and Jerry cartoon
-
(bavorak) DELETED by bavorak
My entry.

Not sure it complies fully with rules, but even if it bombs, I still enjoyed making it.

LFS VideoMode Competition Round 4 : "Weather"
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG