The online racing simulator
Quote :And then if you start skipping a race here and there it can quickly become a habit and it can snowball in terms of the TV ratings

not any more than determining which weeks to run races on... every other week is okay, but when they start doing 2 and 4 week breaks, how else do they expect people to keep paying attention?

Quote :At some point, it starts to become tiresome.

sounds like somebody has lost the need for speed.
For once I agree with Max, though I guess I'm gonna be one of the only one here.

Honestly, I don't want F1 to take NASCAR style schedules. For some of the complete motorsports nutter it might sound awesome, but I really don't think the whole basic fanbase would follow watching all races if it goes beyond 2X a year.

That said, if sticking with 20 races means loosing all classic European venues, then I'm of course all for having more races.
The biggest thing that needs to change is where the races are held after each other, ike for example in the last 3 races we went from South korea to Brazil and then to UAE a massive amount of travelling for 3 races.

right now it goes: Asia > Europe > Canada > Europe > Asia > Brazil > UAE.

What I think should happen: Asia > Europe > Americas(Canada/Brazil and USA when it comes)> Europe > Asia(finishing with UAE if they must).
It would make a bit more sense to divide the northern and southern hemispheres as well, to account for seasonal weather.

Something like this:

March: Middle East (Bahrain and Abu Dhabi)
April: Singapore, Australia, Brazil
May to September: Europe
October and November: USA, China, Japan.
#80 - JJ72
I actually agree with every point he made.
should stay off the bikes
Haha love this, the "2nd Lotus a.k.a owned by Proton" agreed to partnership with Renault (New name Lotus Renault GP) so there will be 2 different Lotus teams. And the Proton stole apparently the golden/black livery concept from the Lotus owned by Tony Fernandez.
Quote from EliteAti :there will be 2 different Lotus teams.

Not sure, Fernandez mentionned a few weeks ago the possibility of renaming his team to 1Malaysia if the Proton-Renault-Genii deal became real

Sucks for him though, he did a great job promoting the brand Lotus for free, and here's how Proton thanks him.
Proton just acting like spoilt children it seems. Why don't Proton just create Proton works team? Seems pretty simple to me.
u associate proton with shit cars

lotus is respectable name
All these "Renault" teams... Hope we don't see too much happening of what we saw in last GP... Renault teams blocking to let another Renault backed team gain victory ect...
wat

I assume you are talking about Alonso-Petrov
yes that technically happened, but because it was a race for position, not bc it was a Renault team... totally ok. I would have been pissed if Petrov had moved over, that's just not right.
Either way, you can't say this Lotus team will put shame to the original team.

plus the picture of what it could look like is epic.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :wat

I assume you are talking about Alonso-Petrov
yes that technically happened, but because it was a race for position, not bc it was a Renault team... totally ok. I would have been pissed if Petrov had moved over, that's just not right.

Also, but I think that we all know that both aspects played a huge factor.
dude, it doesn't matter if that car was a Renault, a Mercedes, a Williams, or a Red Bull... unless the car was painted bright red, it would not let Alonso past, and shouldn't have let Alonso past, regardless of engine. There was a race going on.
#95 - JCTK
Quote from GianniC :Also, but I think that we all know that both aspects played a huge factor.

looks like your definition of what is racing is different from everyone else...
Quote from Bean0 :Don't get me wrong, I love this livery.

But if Ferrari's barcodes were too similar to Marlboro branding, then how are they allowing a replica of a JPS branded car ?

Yea, I agree, what made me laugh is that it took them all of what? 7 + years to realise the barcodes were still sponsoring Malboro?
let's hope all this is still a rumour...Ferrari is going to take over this sport now.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG