The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DeKo :Crommi, I think for the rookie series it's worked out differently, for example, my stats are 20 starts, 5 wins and 10 top 5 finishes with 4 pole positions, which gives me 73 Championship Points. Then there are people with 3 starts, 0 wins, 2 top 5 finishes and 0 pole positions with 147 points, doesn't seem right to me.

Nah what Crommi said is right, if those guys with 3 starts were in higher SOF races, then they're going to be awarded more points. Basically you just need to keep racing to get your iRating up so you get moved into the high points races.
Quote from DeKo :Crommi, I think for the rookie series it's worked out differently, for example, my stats are 20 starts, 5 wins and 10 top 5 finishes with 4 pole positions, which gives me 73 Championship Points. Then there are people with 3 starts, 0 wins, 2 top 5 finishes and 0 pole positions with 147 points, doesn't seem right to me.

Your race points are not added up together, but an average is taken. In a lower split you might get 100 points for a win, whereas top splits might give 200 points for a win. If a top guy races twice and wins one race for 200 points, and crashes in another race for 0 points he will be awarded the 200 points for the week (50% worst results are dropped off, the rest are averaged out)

So your 73 points are a result of the average of your top 10 races. (out of 20 starts)

I hope that clears it up a bit, I suggest reading the sporting code
Spa available for pre-order. Release between 20th and 23rd of December
I bought it like 1 sec after it said "pre order"
Than it should be, "I paid for..."
Yeah, it should be, "I paid for, but can only rent"
"I pre-rented Spa"

I win?
well played sir
I waited and rented it later
Riley at Zandvoort is tricky
Quote from The Moose :Spa available for pre-order. Release between 20th and 23rd of December

Bah, two days after I go on holidays!

Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to when I get back.
Mustangs have a really hard time on every track. I think the Mustang drivers are really fair!
'Stang is wild but controllable. I can see I'm going to drop a lot $$$ on this sim.
Quote from Kid222 :Hope you will be kind to Mustangs.

I've been driving a Mustang in the Grand Am series and so far I've only had one incident with a Riley. You just have to watch your mirror and be prepared to take less-than-ideal lines in the turns. I can't take ideal lines even when I'm by myself on the track, so I have lots of practice.
Quote from JasonJ :'Stang is wild but controllable.

Wild?, Have you driven the V8? The Stang is a pussy cat.
Quote from Danke :I've been driving a Mustang in the Grand Am series and so far I've only had one incident with a Riley. You just have to watch your mirror and be prepared to take less-than-ideal lines in the turns. I can't take ideal lines even when I'm by myself on the track, so I have lots of practice.

I know, i did few races this season already, with only minor incidents, it's just the Zandvoort, that's so tight and twisty.
Just bought the Williams and pre-ordered Spa, I just couldn't resist.

Got myself up to class D for both oval and road racing now and nearly at SR 4.0 again for both. I'm getting pretty regular wins in the MX5 and rookie legends and am now starting to win the odd Advanced Legends race aswell, so i'm not doing badly at all, not bad for my first week . Think i'm going to pick the Star Mazda and the Chevy Truck for Class C, the truck looks a lot of fun.
@Deko (and all other Celtic members of iRacing)

Any you guys taking part in the 8x8x8 Celtic League tommorow, Mazda at lime Rock so hopefully get a good crowd in.
Just had a look there, think I might yeah. Was quite quick at LRP (59.3's a few times), should be a laugh.

I might actually get a chance to use my Mic, it's totally pointless most of the time, the Americans are idiots at understanding a (admittedly thick) Scottish accent.
Yes, call the Americans idiots for not understanding your thick accent. hahaha
Rednecks don't understand any accent but their own. Thankfully I'ma hybrid, I can understand most.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG