Will this make me race faster??
(32 posts, started )
Considering the extreme amount of G forces experienced while driving a virtual racing sim... no.

It will sure make you look even geekier in front of girls though!!!
Good to your local Skrapy and find a old buggered up 180sx or something like it and take the seat out of it, just as good as any.

Or go to argoos and get that cheap, twirly seat thing for 14 quid (about 5 years ago too) That's what I use anyway, doesn't bother me.
LMAO 40 pounds delivered?! That's awesome!

We pay about $3-400 AUD over here for a seat like that, without rails.
my current office chair was given to me from my dad when i was around 15 (he acquired it from work)

i stripped it down and recovered it in leather, which was fine for a while, until i got frisky with the girl friend and we managed to snap one of the arm rests off

and now it is a bit wonky and broken LOL but the base is fine

so i am not sure about the geeky part and the girls TBH

Quote :Considering the extreme amount of G forces experienced while driving a virtual racing sim... no.

what about if i get one of my employees to stand behind the seat and rock it about while i turn the corners

Quote :Good to your local Skrapy and find a old buggered up 180sx or something like it and take the seat out of it, just as good as any.

daft thing is, i let my standard 97 wrx interior go for £50 to a mate who wanted the 2 front seats for his office chairs, and i never even thought about keeping one as my recovered leather jobbie was all ok
Dam I would like that kind of chair, I would mount it up to this office chair thingys legs which are guite heavy steel. This chair is making horrible noise sometimes and I cant locate the source of that squeek
its the way forward mate
#9 - IDUI
What's wrong with one of these?
Quote from IDUI :What's wrong with one of these?

Ever farted in one of those, and then remained seated for a couple more hours? Pheww...
dude you don't really need a special seat, you need to hook up ur entire car to lfs.
I got some blue-tac and stuck some furry dice and a magic tree air freshner to the side of my monitor, shaved seconds off my PB's.

awesome

but i wont waste stock by sticking amagic tree on there (i have hundreds )

i do have some "breast cancer awareness" air fresheners which i give out for free at work, do you think they will just work as well?
Are they red?
You go for it Micky
Attached images
LFS_Seat.JPG
Quote from al heeley :Are they red?

i have
maroonish red/purple = spice
dark blue = deep lagoon (fav )
light blue = coconut
pink = rose petal (stinks of old granny's perfume/piss)

which one is my best bet
I think it's more about driving position than seat. You obviously don't need a body hugging bucket seat but getting a comfortable driving position allowing for precise pedal control is very difficult on a high desk.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#18 - th84
Around 30 seconds after the ATC GP at Blackwood my lovely green chair decided to break spectacularly, the welds obviously not up to the stresses of 60 laps. distressed but unharmed I've had to look for a replacement.

I'm currently sitting in a very sorry looking "computer" chair from argos. It moves about a lot and i've already got a couple of bruises on my legs from the nasty armrests (bent bits of metal), I HATE this chair, It's killing me (and my lap times)

It's vital i find a replacement soon, unfortunatly in my current stock of garage crap i only have a nasty brown skoda drivers seat. oh well, at least it's free!
i am thinking of maybe putting a monitor in my old car and wiring the wheel and pedals of the car to a pc then i can play LFS in my car
Quote from thisnameistaken :Ooh, is that a Thrustmaster RGT wheel? How is it?

You noticed !

I've had a few problems with it to be honest...
I bought it in March and by April the buttons on the paddle shifters went haywire, double downshifting etc, I replaced them with some new ones from Maplin and all was well for another week or so.
Then, the paddles themsleves fractured by the pivots. I super glued them back together and added a reinforcement strip which worked well. They lasted for at least 2 weeks, until the paddles again fractured but now right where they depress the shift switches inside.
I tried the same repair technique, but due to the way the mechanism works you need some 'give', which i'd lost by reinforcing them.

Getting totally peed off with it, I decided to do the job properly and fitted a miniature micro switch directly behind each shift paddle. This has been working great for about 6 weeks now and the feel is better too, more accurate.

Apart from that, the analogue paddles on the wheel are nice for clutch and handbrake. I've never had a problem with the pedals (although I greased those up as soon as I had it) and the wheel is very rigid as it's mounted with roller bearings.

In all, a nice wheel let down by some badly designed, cheeply made shifters !

Sorry to go off topic

[EDIT]: Couldn't spell peddles .. i mean pedals !
What the heck are you doing to that poor wheel? I mean, either its quality was/is pure rubbish or you're doing something majorly wrong

I have my wheel since about three years now with fairly regular use. Granted, I disassembled it two times for maintenance, but it still works like a charm. (MS FF)
Quote :It will sure make you look even geekier in front of girls though!!!

If it was red, i'd be wet.
LOL ^^

AndroidXP, you should see the state of my Saitek R440

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG