The online racing simulator
Canada
(34 posts, started )
Quote from Racer X NZ :This story isn't exactly news and I have no doubt that any enquiry will avoid any facts and claim that there is no evidence based on a complete absence of 'admissable truth' !

sad but true. god bless america.

Quote :article

Brendan Latimer was knocked down by a herd of fellow protesters during a G20 demonstration at Queen’s Park.

Lying on the ground, police moved in and arrested the delivery worker. That’s when one of the officers allegedly struck him in the face, causing a fracture.

The 19-year-old’s case is one of six from the June G20 summit that has been probed by Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit.

On Thursday, the agency announced no charges will be laid against police officers for injuries to civilians during the G20 protests. In Latimer’s case, the agency interviewed nine witness officers from the Toronto Police Services as well a civilians. SIU director Ian Scott concluded that while there was “reasonable ground” to believe excessive force was used, they were unable to tell which officer caused his injuries.

“I’m let down, I’m very frustrated,” said Latimer, who says he also suffered two broken ribs and a deep cut to his head.

“They spent all this money installing cameras and surveillance devices . . . I’m enraged that they could use that stuff to catch protesters but not to catch police.

“It just seems like a double standard,” he added.

The SIU has a mandate to probe incidents involving police that result in death, allegations of sexual assault or serious injury.

Gosh, sounds like your enquiries about police conduct go the same way as everyone elses.
A surprising lack of evidence owing to the fact that the police lie repeatedly.

"In all the cases, the agency could not establish criminal liability because the accused police officers exercised their right to not be interviewed for the investigation or were unidentifiable.

The suspected officers also did not have visible badge numbers and were wearing similar helmets and clothing."
Earlier this month, Toronto police Chief Bill Blair confirmed that nearly 100 officers will be disciplined for removing their name tags during the summit.
Read more: http://www.canada.com/Cops+acc ... /story.html#ixzz16S4hQjqP

They forgot to add that it's an official cover up, do standard criminals have the right to " exercised their right to not be interviewed for the investigation"

Neat, your not interviewing me officer because I don't want you too !
This will do wonders for crime fighting, oh, does this rule ONLY apply to the cops ?

And 100 officers to be "disciplined" - yeah, right. Hide your identity ( as a clearly organised choice on the part of the 'po-lice taking part ) and no chocky biscuits for morning tea for a week.
And let that be a lesson for you. - ROFL

It's the same everywhere, and I'll bet that any enquiry about the fact that it was the cops themselves rioting during the G20 will be covered up as well.

Life as usual in the New World Order.
I was in Newfie land a few months back and phoned Greyhound for a ticket to BC.

The woman on the phone answered.

"Greyhound. Where you beheaded"
Quote from Racer X NZ :do standard criminals have the right to " exercised their right to not be interviewed for the investigation"

actually, yes. but it depends on the situation... i've heard of several incidents recently where people were being questioned by the police and they stayed mum and had no choice but to let them go.

but on the flip side, it could also put you in the slammer for obstructing a peace officer.

i guess the unfairness can work both ways.
You do have a right to remain silent, very few people exercise it though.
You have the right to remain silent, you do not have the right to refuse an interview, or refuse to 'assist police with their enquiries'

Anyway, as the police themselves were the hardcore rioters the whole thing is clearly a setup to show that they need stricter laws to protect the police from the police ??????????
Quote from piggy501 :Yes, an accident. Can't you see all the people rushing to help?

That is Funny...good post...

AAnt
going back to page one for a second...

Quote :SIU director Ian Scott concluded that while there was “reasonable ground” to believe excessive force was used, they were unable to tell which officer caused his injuries.

sometimes i wonder why i read the newspaper...

Quote :Police have learned the identities of two young men from the New York City area who allegedly committed the greatest amounts of damage during the G20 summit in Toronto in June and smashed a window at police headquarters, said the lead investigator with the squad investigating acts of vandalism at the protests.

oh, so they're allowed to hunt unknown people down, but the public can't do the exact opposite? i swear, we need a civil war or something.
Well, they were probably on contract to the Canadian Police at the time and it does pay to support local and state self employment and job creation schemes.

But as regards to the War of Independence, to be honest, that's not a bad idea.

As a pointer, 1776.

Poll tax protests.

Fall of the Berlin Wall.

Pretty much any other civil liberties achievement you choose to mention.

Please feel free to discuss !!.

Canada
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG