The online racing simulator
What did I do wrong?
(41 posts, started )
I love how you shift all the blame to the slower classed cars. Just proves my point. Re-read first post you will understand.
Quote from TehPaws3D :

Second Part. I respect your opinion about holding your line, But like I stated, I'm not asking for you to spread wings for a few seconds and let us by, But if it's A) Safe B) No battles between you and a person fighting for a position. Then it would be nice if you scooted over, Otherwise you're going to have a crackhead 13 year old at the wheel of a battering ram, With the attention span of a 1 month old on sugar and LSD. So that is why we like you to move over, Not because we own the road but because we feel it is safer if you give us the room you need to maneuver the track, If that's a few inches from my car, I have no problem with it, But I don't know if you like to put a little tail slide through the corner to pass, Nor do I know if you will have hot tires and spin. Thus is why most people would like if you gave yourself enough room for a accident in a slower car, This is really just a general rule for everyone but in a slower car we have to think ahead of where you are going to end on a corner, Which could be right infront of us with no time to react to your movement. Me? I slow down when I get to lapped traffic, I flash my lights to indicate passing, Sometimes even tap their cars and give them a speed boost if they are nice to me. Most of the time I just flash my tail lights for a thank you.

Where in this did I shift the blame to the slower car? Most of the time idiots drive the faster cars sometimes they are in the slow ones, Why do you have such a problem with moving over? If you'd stop acting like a four year old and had a nice level discussion without going all " Proved my point " When no point was out to prove in the first place, It was opinions.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Why do you have such a problem with moving over? .

I always move over. I only get whacked by faster cars when in a chicane when they think they have right of way.

Quote from TehPaws3D :Where in this did I shift the blame to the slower car? ..

Quote from TehPaws3D :
It's called being respectful, If you "Shoo" In a race you will not be the cause of the crash,..

If you can't pass a car that's quite slower and then complain that they are in the way then change servers. << This was my point. I'm going to leave now.
Quote from JasonJ :I always move over. I only get whacked by faster cars when in a chicane when they think they have right of way.

I can tell by your attitude you expect everyone to get out of the way who are in slower cars.

If you can't pass a car that's quite slower and then complain that they are in the way then change servers. << This was my point. I'm going to leave now.

Yet Jason/Paws, MOST servers equate blue flag = dive off the track NOW!!! and thus people complain when cars don't leap into the armco
<----- My eyebrows will twitch whenever someone fails to pull over.
Just because you're driving a faster car or you're a faster driver doesn't mean that you own the road and the others should dive out instantly. When you're approaching a car that you want to pass, wait until it's safe to do so. Keep in mind that the car you're passing might act different from your car, like having to brake earlier and take the corner slower.

Just saying to some of those who've passed me in the past...
God - I obviously failed at making obvious sarcasm - obviously.
Quote from TehPaws3D :Where in this did I shift the blame to the slower car? Most of the time idiots drive the faster cars sometimes they are in the slow ones, Why do you have such a problem with moving over? If you'd stop acting like a four year old and had a nice level discussion without going all " Proved my point " When no point was out to prove in the first place, It was opinions.

Well, honestly you pretty much did make it sound like the slower car has some specific responsibility to go off line, insofar as calling it "respectful" to move over. I'm not sure what sort of deal you're running, or why you're attacking the Aussie fellow back there, but in any level of motorsport in any series that I can think of that involves mutliclass racing, if you move off of your line in a slower vehicle you're basically looked at as a dangerous idiot.

That's not an exaggeration, or directed at you personally, it's just basically common racecraft knowledge (someone correct me if there's any real life exception to that). It's not actually a matter of opinion in the real world .

The reason being that the person behind (assuming they have any racing competence) is planning their move and they need to do so under the premise that they have a clue what slower car's plans are. This is why it is actually the responsibility of the car in front to *not* do anything unusual (like pulling off line); so the passing vehicle can safely and effectively plan their strats.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo : This is why it is actually the responsibility of the car in front to *not* do anything unusual (like pulling off line); so the passing vehicle can safely and effectively plan their strats.

I'm talking about the guys in the simi fast cars, In most racing ( I believe ) the rule is if blue flagged, don't do anything unusual and let him/her pass in a minimum of three corners.

I feel as if everyone jumped me, I was only giving some opinions of how to not get a conversation that goes like..

*Tires screaching and sand noise*

OMG, WTF YOU NOOB, BLU FLAG IDIOT, OMG GO TO SINGLEPLAYER

Remember guys, I have NO problems with slower traffic
Quote :Me? I slow down when I get to lapped traffic, I flash my lights to indicate passing, Sometimes even tap their cars and give them a speed boost if they are nice to me. Most of the time I just flash my tail lights for a thank you.

I'm not asking anyone to move over for -me- Nor am I asking for any favors, I'm not trying to beat a points system, I'm racing because I enjoy the speed and well.. racing! Slower traffic means you get to take a breather and back down 100% throttle for awhile, The reason I feel jumped is everyone instantly started saying " Me " Like I'm the person acting like my bumper is a infinite mass wrecking ball through a field of UF1s I'm just giving suggestions because when ever I am on oval or aston I always see giant skidmarks, Followed by a GTR and a FUBAR'd smaller innocent car.

I didn't know opinions in racing where so frowned!
Quote from TehPaws3D :I didn't know opinions in racing where so frowned!

They're not, but in any sport there is protocol, and it isn't changed dynamically based on feelings or circumstances. In fact fundamentally that's what "rules" do is take out the grey areas of conduct. You don't play hockey and decide that all of a sudden an offside pass is OK because the circumstances made it "more fair" for some arbitrary reason right?

I realise you're trying to stop people's feelings getting hurt (hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!), but the better approach is to make people actually aware of what genuine racecraft entails on both sides, rather than trying to bend accepted protocol in "certain circumstances" because then you're just inviting people's faulty interpretation of said circumstances, and that will end in more tears than the very situations you're trying to alleviate.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I realise you're trying to stop people's feelings getting hurt (hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!), but the better approach is to make people actually aware of what genuine racecraft entails on both sides, rather than trying to bend accepted protocol in "certain circumstances" because then you're just inviting people's faulty interpretation of said circumstances, and that will end in more tears than the very situations you're trying to alleviate.

But at some point you have to go out and say no matter how much you push the simulator side of this game sometimes they are going to think it's NASCAR Thunder 2003 with paintball physics. I always get jumped and verbally abused on LFS when I try and say that LFS is a game, No way or how you want to slice it. Simulators are categorized under games, And thus people treat online like a game, Not everyone is going to have a piece of paper telling them if they can move within 1/4ths inches of the XFR and pass the slower FXO by flooring past it. They would just do it, My point is, Since *some* People don't like to follow rules, If you just moved over it would seem alot better for both of your experiences.

I don't like it on cargame.s2 When people blast my ass off the track for no apparent reason but to say " OMZG LOL BLUE FLAG " And several several times I have to tell people a blue flag doesn't mean you dive out of the way, But nobody wants to listen to that because everyone takes rules differently, For say, F1 and ALMS, You can take a F1 rule book and hop on in a Porsche and slide around with the pro ALMS-ers. But that is the problem with LFS is because there are no strong predefined rules on how you race, You can race with a F1 rule book in your mind ( But, You'd probably be racing F1 cars, In that case, But try and follow me. ) while infront of you have 5 guys racing to NASCAR rules and one or two to go carting rules. I've gotten the " Blue flag means pull over " So many times I have a bound response to my F-Keys, I normally go by GT or ALMS rules, Which mostly means you just need to hold your line and not have ADD at the wheel or dash to the armcos A.S.A.P

Or like me, I race with the same people alot, So I normally know what they do and where, It's great fun when you know how each other is going to move, But if you look at the times this person is setting. Is he .005 seconds off WR? Or is this guy slow as molasses, You can guess what lines he would take if you know how faster cars drive, Which is probably the best idea you could do. But sometimes you just all end up in the wall, That's why I was just saying move over, I mean if you're in the zone and you're in that special place a wall and a mangled piece of metal and steel sucks, Big time, Then all the cussing and fighting makes other people uncomfortable. I do believe I have said waay more than I need to.. o.o
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo : You don't play hockey and decide that all of a sudden an offside pass is OK because the circumstances made it "more fair" for some arbitrary reason right?

If only offside passes were still in hockey. They're just offsides now.
Yes sometimes there are rude drivers in fast cars. But sometimes there are slower class car drivers that drive they own way and don't care about others behind. There is 50/50, if this drivers meet on track there are contacts between them soft or hard...There is need for always watching on the map, when fast cars are comming, you need to think about where they can pass and do what should do to let them pass.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If only offside passes were still in hockey. They're just offsides now.

Smartass :P

Besides what about two blue lines? And icing is technically an "offside play" for some reason, so take that
Icing is icing. The center line only exists for the point of icing.

There are "offside passes" I suppose, but they're just offsides. No 2 line, offside pass. Not to mention Hockey Canada has done some fun with the position of faceoffs
Re:What did I do
You sir, did the right thing.

What did I do wrong?
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG