The online racing simulator
Quote from theirishnoob :fully tuned the tommi mak evo and the skyline GTR v spec...

and fcuk me... polish people hate me online racing ( my gf is polish and translates... when their not bragging about how many pounds of boost their 126 is runnin their talkin shit about my 26 second lead... lmfao )

but seriously, i love hosting drift lobbys online, setting everything to realistic then watching everyone rage quit.

Ill never tire of that

They rage over settings? Psht drifting was easy pn Prologue with a pad
Quote from theirishnoob :used mine but didnt get it ( ony for arcade ) so whats the use :|

i know you Could use them online but still... ive worked hard for the cars i have... why cop out ?

Just say tak padaow in response to the polish people.
Quote from theirishnoob :used mine but didnt get it ( ony for arcade ) so whats the use :|

i know you Could use them online but still... ive worked hard for the cars i have... why cop out ?

strange. Mine is actually in my GT Mode garage. As well as my 787B.
I was fooling around with my crap cammera.. My friend wanted to hear the sound of LFA.. not a great quality, casual drive, far from any record (7:46.xx), DFGT, all aids off, abs at 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEdtBpsNx4
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I found the RUF RGT (996 based one) which is great fun on comfort softs with only exhaust modification, not too taily. Still looking for the drift-mobile YellowBird, though.

Really liking Cape Ring Periphery at the moment, just a shame about the rather laughable jump. Perhaps better suited to the slower cars, but it has a nice flow to it, and some great blind crests into corners.

@Boris, which tyres are you using there?
Quote from sinbad :

@Boris, which tyres are you using there?

The only ones i have, Sports hard.. haven't touched it except changing the rims.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I was fooling around with my crap cammera.. My friend wanted to hear the sound of LFA.. not a great quality, casual drive, far from any record (7:46.xx), DFGT, all aids off, abs at 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rEdtBpsNx4

showcase of stock version you can send to him. Pink LFA?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFbGRescsKU

Quote from brandons48 :I now have a RUF CTR2 and a RUF Yellowbird.

Easily the most fun cars in the game for me atm.

Anyone else notice that Standard cars get damaged too? Got a snap of my Yellowbird's front all bent up. Will post it soon.

On the other hand I drove my Stealth 787B straight into a wall at 370+kph at Le Mans and nothing happened, not even a flip, the car just stops.. weird. It's not like it's a street car or "real" car with license issues.

787B has one of the better interiors in the game, good visibility, especially considering it's a wedge shaped race car. You can read all the displays really easily
787B blah blah...
I raise you this! My new toy.
Attached images
Kyoto - Gion.jpg

My Stealth 787B Showcase. It sounds better when I do the throttle blipping myself, which I did in a few spots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcuPmk6ZV2E

Quite a hard car to drive, too fast for me brain to process, plus I hate Le Mans, so hard to see and feel the apexes, a bit like Silverstone
I undergeared it I think, it should get close to 400kph with no chicanes

It sounds like the real thing, but a bit too distorted. PD are starting to copy Shift, distorting all the race cars sounds
It sounds like a post process function, so they could easily add a lesser distortion option...
A little bit helps to make things sound "louder", but they added to much IMO.
New official GT wheel Thrustmaster T500RS

This new Thrustmaster wheel is high end. So I'm glad I waited on the G27. If it has clutch and gearbox, which it should at $500, Official GT5 wheel and 16 bit accuracy then it could be very good
http://www.thrustmaster.com/Default.aspx

Hope the pedals feel good, but there are are more buttons than the G25/G27
Doesn't look close to being worth 500$ to me.
Quote from CoolColJ :New official GT wheel Thrustmaster T500RS

This new Thrustmaster wheel is high end. So I'm glad I waited on the G27. If it has clutch and gearbox, which it should at $500, Official GT5 wheel and 16 bit accuracy then it could be very good
http://www.thrustmaster.com/Default.aspx

Hope the pedals feel good, but there are are more buttons than the G25/G27

are you kidding? 270° of rotation
Pretty sure it will be 900 degrees. The one in the picture is different from the GT wheel version.
In any case having an official wheel with gearbox/clutch means it will be worked on more closely
But it's not the T500RS

It doesn't have an attached shifter

Quote :Kaz via Twitter:
ステアリング&パドルシフトだけ。Hパターンのシフターは別売りです。T500RSの ポジションは、高品質でプレミアムなステアリングです。.
Translation (google):
Steering & shift paddles only. H pattern shifter is sold separately. T500RS position is a high-quality, premium steering.

Quote :Got a reply from Kaz concerning the wheel:

High-power motor, belt drive backlash-free, high-speed processing at low latency. You can feel the delicate and rich feel of the steering. RT @ jambogt

Then you at least posted the wrong picture.
thrustmaster and premium steering wheel is something that doesn't work in one sentence, I'll eat my (virtual) hat if this thing is any good.
Quote from troy :thrustmaster and premium steering wheel is something that doesn't work in one sentence, I'll eat my (virtual) hat if this thing is any good.

No H-shifter so already -1
Looks huge, expensive and pointless. They're trying to enter Logitechs market which they have alot of experience with, trying to take on Logitech and Fannytech, Both of which are cheaper, already compatible with GT5 and owned by most sim racers already who will need alot of convincing to make them buy it.
It has a H-Shifter, you just have to buy it separately. At least if it breaks, you get a new one, unlike Logitechs where they won't even sell you spare parts

Kaz tweets base unit
Quote :T500RS:「ステアリングホイール、ベースユニット、パドルシフター、3ペダル」 が含まれています。

T500RS: Steering wheel, base unit, paddle shifter, and three pedals are included.

The G27 is $450 in Japan, so I guess it's around that price
Quote from CoolColJ :It has a H-Shifter, you just have to buy it separately. At least if it breaks, you get a new one, unlike Logitechs where they won't even sell you spare parts

Kaz tweets base unit

The G27 is $450 in Japan, so I guess it's around that price

Still, i can't see people who already own a G25/7 or a Fannytech reverting to something like this. Also people looking for their first time wheel arn't going to be sueded by the price.
Quote from 91mason91 :Still, i can't see people who already own a G25/7 or a Fannytech reverting to something like this. Also people looking for their first time wheel arn't going to be sueded by the price.

More for people like me - who have a DFGT, but want something better
The main thing is that it's an officially endorsed wheel that has a clutch, so future GT games will start to model it better etc

It has a centre mark - a nice simple touch
Hope the paddles are fixed to the body and not on the rim itself... anyone who drifts will know why

It would be nice if it it had a wheel closer in size to real ones. The old Thrustmaster wheels had big rims, as seen in the Enthusia videos

It's got most of what the DFGT has by the looks of it, horn button etc

They also make this...
Those flappy padles are huge!
yeah but the HOTAS Warthog is about £400.
SO.. Level 24. Have 1 lap of the DTC events left.. then all I have is Formula GT event and the supercar challenge event and that's all the basic events done. Then to grind to 25 for endurance!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG