The online racing simulator
Is that even him?
#27 - DeKo
Not sure, he was wearing glasses when driving the Star Mazda thing, can't see any in that picture and it doesn't look like him at all.
Quote from tiagolapa :Unless you only care for LFS sim racing experience.
Take care

Which is what some of us want rather than an in depth pre-race festivity with fly-overs from virtual fighter jets and virtual interviews with drivers on a virtual pit-walk.
#29 - JJ72
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Which is what some of us want rather than an in depth pre-race festivity with fly-overs from virtual fighter jets and virtual interviews with drivers on a virtual pit-walk.

What is this even about?

Huttu has been alien quick in many different sims for almost a decade, it's not some gamer dude who is quickest on NFS most wanted.

He is as real as it gets when it comes to sim racers.
I was referring to to him implying that we should all know who this guy is just because we sim race and he's apparently the top racer.
The fact is, he IS the top sim racer of all time. He's been at it since GPL's heyday and maybe before, and he's topped every sim he's tried.

And what he did at Road Atlanta IS impressive, regardless of what Mr. "I Once Led Lewis Hamilton In A Kart Race, Just In Case You Forgot" tries to come up with to devalue it.

Being a sim racing fan and not knowing about Greger is like being a basketball fan and not knowing who Michael Jordan is.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :And what he did at Road Atlanta IS impressive, regardless of what Mr. "I Once Led Lewis Hamilton In A Kart Race, Just In Case You Forgot" tries to come up with to devalue it.

Please read what I posted, before assuming I am trying to devalue his achievement.

I mocked the fact I once led Hamilton in a race or two, precisely because it's laughable and meaningless. It's hardly ego tripping!

In regard to Huttu, it's a shame that we had a brilliant opportunity to really see whether a top-flight sim racer could hack the realities of motorsport, and what we have instead was

"Apparently yeahhhh, one guy who simmed a lot, got in a race car, and was only like 4 seconds off the pace yeah....innit"

This will just go down as another chapter in the sim racing's world attempt for acceptance, when it could have, and should have been much more. It's not putting a downer on his achievement at all, more demonstrating disappointed that an opportunity for greater things has been lost.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I was referring to to him implying that we should all know who this guy is just because we sim race and he's apparently the top racer.

Well Greger being an Alien is nothing knew, talking about him as if he is some new guy who has just shown his stars on only iRacing. I'm pretty sure he's played LFS too.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Which is what some of us want rather than an in depth pre-race festivity with fly-overs from virtual fighter jets and virtual interviews with drivers on a virtual pit-walk.

? lol

What I said is: anybody with a vaguely interest beyond LFS sim racing, at some point will see the name greger huttu in some site of sim racing or wathever. I knew his name way before iracing, from GPL days and I never played GPL online. Just looking around for setups will come up with his name.

Anyway, of course not everybody needs to know him, but 90% of sim racing addicts will recognise his name.
Take care :twirl:
Quote from Intrepid :Please read what I posted, before assuming I am trying to devalue his achievement.

I mocked the fact I once led Hamilton in a race or two, precisely because it's laughable and meaningless. It's hardly ego tripping!

Yeah, I'd believe that, except that you bring it up at every possible opportunity.
http://www.iracing.com/

Video up from the 3-day course that Gregor had. Interesting stuff (I was right about him having practise before driving the mazda )

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG