The online racing simulator
But if, let's say, you have 20,650 points, and the next level up required 20,500 points, are your experience points after the level up 150 or 20,650?

It's just that when I started I got to level 15 quite quickly (two nights playing, and not exactly hardcore, mustn't blink until my eyes bleed type of play), but to get to level 16 took an evenings play plus the end of the previous nights points.

Levels as I've found them

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,16
I can remember leveling up to a certain level that say took 20'000XP, I reached it, and the next level was say, 36'0000XP, however, instead of only having to earn 16'000XP, the "current XP" meter reset back to zero, and I had to earn the whole 36'000XP
Quote from tristancliffe :But if, let's say, you have 20,650 points, and the next level up required 20,500 points, are your experience points after the level up 150 or 20,650?

The points cashed into your new level would be 150.
Quote from danowat :I can remember leveling up to a certain level that say took 20'000XP, I reached it, and the next level was say, 36'0000XP, however, instead of only having to earn 16'000XP, the "current XP" meter reset back to zero, and I had to earn the whole 36'000XP

me and my wife thought the same but make sure you save and make sure you check the home page to see the progress bar and it should work.
Okay, so panic over. Just the game ramping up the gaps between levels disproportionately. Or maybe the international and super licences just award very few points (about 1000 for gold).
Special events seem to give the most XP / time
Can some one explain me the course maker?

Everything is baked. Can we actually design our own corners later in the game?
Quote from spyshagg :Can some one explain me the course maker?

Everything is baked. Can we actually design our own corners later in the game?

No, you can't "design" your own corners, what you see if what you get, all you can play around with is the sliders, but you can come up with some quite good tracks, however the environments are quite bland and uninspiring, which makes driving them a bit of a dissapointment.
Setting up a race tonight.

7 laps at the Norsdcheife.

350hp tops, 1100kg min, up to sport soft rubber.
No aids.

Start 21:00CET, that's 8 hours from now

Room will be 'Dawn at the Ring'.
Quote from atledreier :7 laps at the Norsdcheife.

Hmmm....might have been interested if you changed the track, haven't really got the time of inclination to spend 7 laps hotlapping online, as I don't think the "ring" is condusive to a good racing experiance.
Agreed - the 'ring is one of the worst racetracks in the world. Too narrow. Too long. Excessive need to stick to the racing line to even navigate corners at all, let alone competitively.

As a circuit to simply drive on - hotlapping on your own, or a few laps in real life - it is, of course, pretty awesome. One of to "things to do before I get too old to be able to enjoy it" plans.
Achievement unlocked - Tristan agreed with something you said.

Over a lap perhaps, but when the race is that long some other mechanics come in that the usual 5-minute stuff. I like it, even if i'm not bumper to bumper for an hour, you never REALLY know you've got it in the bag until the last few corners.
I also agree. Nordschleife is fantastic when it's just you on there, but racing there is like doing a rally stage where you never see another car (and if you do it's usually a back marker). I had a nice race at Monaco, it was on shuffle mode, I was in a BMW 2002 and the other guy was in a Alfa GTA, it was good fun gettin some drifts on with all driving aids switched off.

PSN : ShakenBetty - if anyone wants to race later on today.
Wussies! with 350hp and 1100 kg you can race there... doesnt really requiere much skill.
Quote from danowat :Achievement unlocked - Tristan agreed with something you said.

ROFL! This had me giggling.

If the snow subsides I'm off to GAME to get a trade in quote for my 360 + games. Could someone who's driving with G25/27 message me!
It's pretty amazing i should say, with a g25 it's really good. 190hp MX-5 i love it.
Quote from atledreier :Setting up a race tonight.

No aids.

If you change it to any car you have then I'm in

Also does anyone know if you can run the ring with lots of AI, like the AMG Driving school where there are loads of cars on the track with you?
These games just don't work well online unless your servers/rooms are very restrictive (how crap would LFS be if every server were "any car"). I tried to set up a room in GT5 with a one-make cup type thing, but I couldn't limit car choice any further than bhp. Bah.

Am I missing an option?
Quote from G!NhO :It's pretty amazing i should say, with a g25 it's really good. 190hp MX-5 i love it.

I really is. Its even better if you give the car more horsepower and leave the rest stock. The good physics become more evident that way.

Ask my mazda RX7 with ~330hp. Beautiful around nordschleife with mild drifts leaving the corners. It was a big surprise to see the following replays, that in some of those small drifts only one wheel was losing grip (and smoking) while the other ones were not.

This game really tries to be as simulator.
Could we not put all of the LFS user's PSN names somewhere in a list? Would make things easier.

Camtoo is my PSN which I have already put up previously but was lost very quickly with the increase rate of posts in this thread once more people started to get the game.
There is a list of PSN and xbox tags on the forum somewhere......

From twitter

Quote :メカニカル・ダメージのオプションは次のアップデートで。おそらく12月上旬あたり。 RT @y_mokko: @Kaz_Yamauchi RT @damekuma: オプションでダメージ表現を変更できた方がレベルに縛られないし良いと思 う。

Mechanical damage options in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @ y_mokko: @ Kaz_Yamauchi RT @ damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.
Quote from atledreier :Setting up a race tonight.

No aids.

i'm in
(berettaml)
Is there? Sorry I must have missed that. Just find it a pain having to trawl back through previous pages looking for LFSers to race with on GT5 :sadbanana

Edit: Bloody hell this thread is popular!

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG