The online racing simulator
whoo.

/party
Quote from cargame.nl :Just a few hours left to celebrate the one year anniversary of this thread, hurray!

LOL, 365 days of conspiracy and speculation. That's an active community
Tomorrow the 26'th is my birthday. It will be great to see some new stuff
It will arrive on jesus' birthday.
Quote from Eldanor :LOL, 365 days of conspiracy and speculation. That's an active community

Wow time goes fast. Surely we will have new stuff soon. Come on devs can't you release anything you've been working on? I thought I could wait a long time but I'm starting to want updates really really bad now...

I've been playing this game for over 7 years now and it is a shame that development has either slowed or grouped into less frequent updates. I remember we used to get lots of screenshots showing new stuff with detailed descriptions. I remember there being an announcment about clear windows so you could see the driver and interiors from the outside. I was so excited just about this and then a couple of weeks later it was released. I've no idea how long this took to code but it can't have been too long. What I'm saying is little and often is a better way at keeping your community happy.

From my point of view it seems we have lots of things like the VW, new tyre physics, rockingham, interiors etc just sat there waiting to be released and not in the hands of loyal LFS users. I know the tyre physics are probably the most single important thing in the game but there has to come a point when it's released even if it's not 100% perfect. I'm sure there's some famous saying that perfection is never achieved in the eyes of the creator or something like that. I hope the devs can understand this and get to a point where the tyre physics development can be stopped for a while and released so other things can be developed at quicker rates whilst still working as they want at their own pace. I just hope this comes sooner rather than later...
A person working 2 years on a tyre physics code(and stuff) so hard, that he doesn't have time to go on the forums.

I think it will be worth the wait
I just read Scawens post at the start, (haven't been taking my time to read this before now :P ) and it seems to me as the VW scirocco will be like a free update like the tyre physics? or am I totally mistaken here?
Quote from NewAssault :I just read Scawens post at the start, (haven't been taking my time to read this before now :P ) and it seems to me as the VW scirocco will be like a free update like the tyre physics? or am I totally mistaken here?

Scawen said on lfs.net:

A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders
But When, god dammn
Quote from Flame CZE :Scawen said on lfs.net:

A reminder :
- The new physics will be a free update for all LFS users
- The VW Scirocco will be available to S1 and S2 license holders

aha, I guess I just misread it the first time, sorry about that :-P
Quote from Nadeo4441 :A person working 2 years on a tyre physics code(and stuff) in our imagination only, that he doesn't have time to go on the forums.

I think it will be worth the wait

I don't see any credible progress on these features, I consider there is nothing to wait for. I am prepared to see that absolutely nothing will happen to LFS development one year later when I'll poke my nose here next time (it seems that the dev's communication strategy made the expected effects on me). I will just rofl if it'll be true.

While time passes, hopes became higher, exigency stronger, so the public's error tolerance became thinner. The devs are taking risks. I may call that the Gran Turismo 5 syndrome.

See ya next year folks!
I seriously hope that this update is worth the 2 year wait...
Quote from -=SB=- :I seriously hope that this update is worth the 2 year wait...

if we get what we were suggested we were getting, and nothing more... probably not... but maybe we're all wrong. i hope that we are.

okay, i gotta stop reading this thread, i'm getting dizzy from constantly going in circles.
Aerodynamics, breakable wings (parts), new tyre physics, 2 cars and ROC were unofficially announced. (too)
I hope that Scawen wants to surprise us and he'll code & release named above too
If no, world is not going to collide nor end... (well, until 2012 :-) )
Aerodynamics? When?
2 years, can we expect anything for Christmas?

From my point of view, any delay without any announcement or progress report would be hugely damaging to LFS in the long term.
Quote from BOSCHO :Tomorrow the 26'th is my birthday. It will be great to see some new stuff

happy birthday dude but no update "gift" for u Ask Scawen what happen with ur gift
Quote from pako_customize :happy birthday dude but no update "gift" for u Ask Scawen what happen with ur gift

Thank you very much!! Scawen we (i) hope the update is comming to us soon :drink:
Quote from jasonmatthews :2 years, can we expect anything for Christmas?

Ofc you can.
Just don't know which year though...
It`s almost 2 years late, and people still wait for tha scirocco. I`m wondering if they are still allowed to implemented in the game, my guess is not. I bet it will be at least another year until the next physics update. And im 10000 % sure it will not have the scirocco. ( and yes, your eyes are ok, there are 4 zeroes there)
Quote from TigerClw :It`s almost 2 years late, and people still wait for tha scirocco. I`m wondering if they are still allowed to implemented in the game, my guess is not. I bet it will be at least another year until the next physics update. And im 10000 % sure it will not have the scirocco. ( and yes, your eyes are ok, there are 4 zeroes there)

Why do you even care about Scirocco demo user?
It was just an opinion. Or because i`m a demo user i`m not allowed to have one?
Quote from TigerClw :It was just an opinion. Or because i`m a demo user i`m not allowed to have one?

Exactly
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG