The online racing simulator
Quote from CoolColJ :Wings, bonnets, front bumpers, side extensions for Premium cars

Not all premiums it would appear, the Vitz (Yaris) has no external mods available
Work lets out at 2 tomorrow for the holiday... hope the UPS guy gets there before then. :P
Apparently it's out this Friday?

FYI keep an eye out for Blockbuster MEGA DEAL leaflets. Deals aren't all that TBH however I will be getting GT5 for £32 instead of RRP of £40 with the voucher enclosed.
ahh god dam it, got to wait till after school tomorrow to play GT5 >:l
Don't you just hate English teachers who give you an assignment and its due when GT5 is coming out >:l
and btw you can create your own track, on dirt, tarmac and even snow. Cant wait to try out this new feature. Going to be a cracking game
My copy arrived, installing now. Wish I had more time to play before evening.

"Approx 17 mins left" for the past 10 minutes now, has Sony copied Microsoft Minutes?
Does anyone find the force feedback to be far too heavy on the gravel rally stages?

I'm using the G25 - feels fine on tarmac, but gravel is too strong for my liking, almost too strong for me to hold onto! I've tried turning it down to its lowest setting but doesn't seem to make any difference.
get a dfgt what are made for the game
Apparently the Chromeline and Stealth cars are in your garage in all modes. No need to buy em....
Well I won't be using them in the career mode.... it's cheating

http://i54.tinypic.com/10fuqkw.jpg
Quote from RMZ125 :get a dfgt what are made for the game

But it's a toy compared to the G25.
Going to sound slightly troll post but it isn't. Reading people reactions from another forum seems people are saying that GT5 is better than FM3 in terms of graphics and content but FM3 is is better physics and AI. I know physics are subjective but wondering if anyone else who has both is finding similar?

Asking here as we are all LFS'ers so hopefully have a reasonable appreciation of physics.
Each franchise will have its fans, GT fans will love GT, FM fans will love FM.

Bottomline for me, its not better than FM3.

Graphically, and aurally, GT5 is a VERY mixed bag, some of the textures, models and tracks are very poor.
I would enjoy forza more if Microsoft were not so money hungry and allowed use of G25

I have FM3 and completed 80% of all events but GT5 IMO has always been more immersible, mainly because you have to take stepping stones to unlock content rather than having it all given to you at once.

FM3 is the Ipod of the racing world
Quote from FPVaaron :I have FM3 and completed 80% of all events but GT5 IMO has always been more immersible, mainly because you have to take stepping stones to unlock content rather than having it all given to you at once.

This is why I am doubting getting GT5. GT2 I loved played for hours, but 3 and 4, I found too sterile for lack of a better word. I know it will be arcadish in its physics but in GT3 and 4 I never had the impression I was driving a car. Whereas FM2 and 3 I found really good and immersive but seems some people are finding the sterile problem with GT5 too and others are loving it.

If I had a PS3 already I would take the punt but its the fact of buying the console too. Guess time to read some more reviews before deciding.
I'm sure most us buy driving games for how the cars feel, otherwise they don't last long. Here is another write up praising the physics

Although why should the AI get out of your way??
Quote :I think it is not so difficult to come to a conclusion with this game:

The problem here are the limitations of the PS3. If it would be possible to show the game in all its glory on a PC, we would see what PD really has worked on all the years. They had to make a lot of very painful design decisions to reach their 60fps goal. The same game on the PS4 and it would get a 10/10 from every gaming magazine.

It is also true that the AI is unbelievably stupid. They are fast on the straights and idiotic in the corners. They will never go out of your way and behave like go carts. But still, the career mode is extremely enjoyable. If never played a better career mode in any other racing game.

And the physics: Maybe I'm crazy, but I have played Life for Speed for a very long time and I also played Iracing (test month) and in my opinion, GT5 is better. What is so convincing about this game is the FF. It is so much better than in GT5P (I have a G27 by the way) and it does feel even better than in Iracing, where the wheel is sometimes a bit loose.

Do the others here feel the same way? I think it is time, that Sony is releasing the PS4 already!

Physics better than LFS?, nah.

There is not much in the way of feel of "squish" and subsequently the minute changes in grip from the tyres that you get with LFS.

Tyre model feels quite basic.
I haven't played GT since the 1-2 days but I imagine the immersion factor with Gran Turismo 5 will be higher because your driving real cars on real tracks, with properly good graphics. With any sim most of the realism is created inside your own brain, so it can play tricks on you the first time you play a sim.

Surely you need a good week or two of hardcore playing before you can get any real gauge how good or not GT is in the physics department.
If you want some easy money, and easy XP, then the Nascar special events are very easy (at least the beginner and inter ones), you get a fair bit of cash and XP for them.

Also, first dip into online this morning, and it plays very well, quite like the "shuffle" idea too, where it shuffles the cars for the race, no money or XP to be made in online mode though.
mines installing added some of your psn too

BreadC is mine

EDIT: also got the apex book to read xD
Installing..
Quote from Greboth :This is why I am doubting getting GT5. GT2 I loved played for hours, but 3 and 4, I found too sterile for lack of a better word. I know it will be arcadish in its physics but in GT3 and 4 I never had the impression I was driving a car. Whereas FM2 and 3 I found really good and immersive but seems some people are finding the sterile problem with GT5 too and others are loving it.

If I had a PS3 already I would take the punt but its the fact of buying the console too. Guess time to read some more reviews before deciding.

I agree with the whole sterile thing especially with FM3

I bought a PS3 bit over 6 months ago for GT5 however it got delayed so much I gave it to my Dad until today, had to just about pry it from him he has racked up over 250 hours on Battlefield, Looking forward for GT5 tomorrow hoping it will live up to the hype playing with G25
GT5 has arrived. Going home for lunch, although I suspect 99% of my hour will be spent installing... Oh well, have some washing to take out of the machine and a bit of washing up to do, so it'll be productive.

Gran Turismo - Helping with home chores all over the world.
yes! installing it right now! (sorry for useless post)
Love the way you now get the corner names when driving the Nordschiefe, hate the way you always start races mid-pack.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG