The online racing simulator
Quote from bunder9999 :so hulkenberg gets the boot from williams, and now it looks like bottas might get shafted by some gp2 guy...

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/ ... hing-for-a-Williams-drive

i'm confused here... is this guy running his mouth, or did that actually happen? if so, then how come he isn't the tester instead of (insert pre-emptive no-offense here) bottas?

Maldonado brought one million dollars in order to get those Williams/HRT end-2010 tests according to some sources. Williams(aswell as HRT) is heavily struggling for money, so I can understand their decision to make him test over their official test driver easily.

Bottas chances to get a full time seat in 2011 in any team are/were near to zero. He is very experienced in F3ES okay, but jumping GP2/WSR to get to F1 directly would probably be too extreme, especially in this period of limited testing. He is a mid-term bet for Williams, they never plan to put him in the car as soon as there's a free seat. Don't think he has the money for it either. He'd rather focus on finding a drive in GP2/WSR next year and aim for F1 2012/3, which is what he probably does anyway.

About Maldonado replacing Bottas in the tester seat at Williams, doubt that'll ever happen, first of all because Maldonado's sponsors are pushing like hell to put him in F1 next year, guy has a golden opportunity to start an F1 career right now, he has to take it, waiting another year would be the worst thing to do, for both the driver and the sponsors. And in the opportunity that all seats are taken and Maldonado can only be offered an official tester seat, I guess Williams would still keep Bottas as a 4th driver, they'd have no reason to fire him. And Maldonado would probably find a way in 2012, leaving Bottas back in the 3rd driver seat.
Quote from oscarhardwick :stop moaning and either give some usefull input on the 2011 season or go to wiki and look at it yourself so as we do not have to listen to you whining here.

Amen ! Didn't your mother tell you about not saying anything if you can't say something nice?

So much negativity , anyways GO GO DANIEL RICCIARDO !
wtf is that for ?

#29 - JJ72
looks like a pitot tube?
Looks to be measuring airflow around the new tyre.
It is, essentially, an array of pitot tubes to measure the local pressure of the air around the tyre.

Wind tunnel models are notoriously bad for modelling flow around tyres (tyres rotate about several axis in real life, and stretch and flex with varying surface finishes). CFD is even worse at it. The tyre companies don't really understand much about that either (they just make a tyre and let the teams sort out the aero stuff most of the time).

In short, it is the only way to understand the airflow around tyres.
Quote from JJ72 :looks like a pitot tube?

Or a series of them.

Looks definitely like an air-flow monitoring device.

[EDIT: Beaten by Tristan. I forgot to read page 2. ]
And i was hoping it shoots little explosive arrows. Oh well...
It's gonna be though to survive a long winter without Formula 1, but with Hulkenberg's future still undecided and these tire tests we have something to look forward to.

Also few rule changes could mean that Renault and Mercedes might be closing the gap on RedBull, Ferrari and McLaren and with Kubica and Schumacher still there I'd love to see them close that gap.
Quote from N I K I :It's gonna be though to survive a long winter without Formula 1, but with Hulkenberg's future still undecided and these tire tests we have something to look forward to.

Also few rule changes could mean that Renault and Mercedes might be closing the gap on RedBull, Ferrari and McLaren and with Kubica and Schumacher still there I'd love to see them close that gap.

Expeically considering a functioning KERS system is Vital.
Quote from aroX123 :Kamui Kobayashi interview:

Q: What is your secret for overtaking?
KK:
Because I am Japanese I have small eyes - so I can’t see the others guys.

Bernie Ecclestone attacked by muggers in London
Quote :
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been mugged outside his central London business headquarters.

The 80-year-old suffered a head injury when he was attacked by four men at the Formula One Holdings building in Knightsbridge.

He was repeatedly punched and kicked by the men who were lying in wait for him as he arrived at the HQ with his Brazilian girlfriend Fabiana Flosi.

Jewellery valued at £200,000 was stolen in the robbery on Wednesday.
Police said Mr Ecclestone was taken to hospital where he was treated for a minor head injury before being allowed home soon after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11844613
No longer than a month ago, according to Mr. Ecclestone...

Quote :They [muggers] look for victims, they look for people who are a little bit slow and simple, but the people who look a bit bright, they never go after them.

http://www.sportinglife.com/ot ... Brazilian_Ecclestone.html

Best wishes for recovery to F1's famous "slow and simple" leader
Mad Formula 1 fans did the job.
IMO he had it coming though, he's easily recogniseable, plus carried a lot of stuff.

And LMAO at mad F1 fans, I blame mad McLaren fans
Quote from DieKolkrabe :IMO he had it coming though, he's easily recogniseable, plus carried a lot of stuff.

The ****? Did you just say an 80 year old man "deserved" and had this beating coming to him?

Vile. No matter how bad you might think he is for F1 or whatever, no elder deserves such beating.

Its sick. Whoever did it must be a real scumbag.

Quote from DevilDare :

i'm not laughing at bernie here, but i'm laughing at the newspaper...

i find it funny that they would use the word "battered" on the same page as a big picture of bernie's purple face...

sucks to be him though, i'm sure he'll be fine for next year.
Quote from DevilDare :The ****? Did you just say an 80 year old man "deserved" and had this beating coming to him?

no he said that being famous and carrying expensive stuff with you while being an 80 year old man means some scumbag is going to take advantage of you sooner or later. If you are 80, you shouldn't be carrying that much valuables with you without protection. easy target.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :If you are 80, you shouldn't be carrying that much valuables with you without protection. easy target.

You shouldn't be carrying that much valuables on person, no matter your age. He's a pretty recognisable fellow, and if old rumours are correct, he's probably got some big enemies and friends in the not-so-legal portions of London society.

No-one deserves to be beaten for goods, though. Especially at that age.
Quote from DevilDare :The ****? Did you just say an 80 year old man "deserved" and had this beating coming to him?

Vile. No matter how bad you might think he is for F1 or whatever, no elder deserves such beating.

Its sick. Whoever did it must be a real scumbag.

No I did not say he 'deserved it'. I said that if he carries 200,000 worth of jewelry and is easily recogniseable, he's an easy target and it's not surprising if he does get mugged, not that he should.

IMO it's the same as Jenson in Brazil, both high priority figures that are easily recogniseable and easy targets due to who they are.

Ninja'd by two above me.
Daniel Ricciardo gets 3rd driver role and will drive in the friday practise sessions replacing one of the STR race drivers in rotation.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88501

Tost says he expects more from Buemi if he is to keep hes seat for the rest of the season, something which i disagree with as he outperformed Alguersuari for most of the season.

Formula One Season 2011
(1339 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG