The online racing simulator

Quote from sinbad :lol you really are like a Forzaphobic- always the first to mention the game. Perhaps overcompensating for a secret passion for it.

I've played quite a lot of it. But only to pass time.
Honestly, if the physics of the standard cars are okay, I'll be perfectly fine driving them.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I agree, my first standard car will probably be something from Honda like a Civic. After a few races I'll buy a RWD car to do drift events with, then when I unlock premium cars I'll do the same and maybe get a S2000 or Integra
Why is it so LOL? It gives a good learning curve. You learn how to drive a car, then add difficult variables. The luxury of a videogame is you have that ability to add and remove variables at will.
Are people actually buying this "Reach a certain level to unlock damage" thing?.

Why on earth would they do that, its ridiculous.
Quote from danowat :Are people actually buying this "Reach a certain level to unlock damage" thing?.

Why on earth would they do that, its ridiculous.

All your posts in this thread are like this, what is the matter with you? You don't have to comment here if you don't like GT5, which is quite obvious that you don't.
it was out of stock in asda when i went today
Quote from Nadeo4441 :All your posts in this thread are like this, what is the matter with you? You don't have to comment here if you don't like GT5, which is quite obvious that you don't.

Do me a favour, I've owned EVERY version of GT, I've had a copy of GT5 on preorder for ever, of course I like the GT series, and I am sure I will enjoy GT5.

But all this blinkered fanboy shite is ridiculous.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Why is it so LOL? It gives a good learning curve. You learn how to drive a car, then add difficult variables. The luxury of a videogame is you have that ability to add and remove variables at will.

Not really a "Real Driving simulator" then, is it?
Quote from danowat :Do me a favour, I've owned EVERY version of GT, I've had a copy of GT5 on preorder for ever, of course I like the GT series, and I am sure I will enjoy GT5.

But all this blinkered fanboy shite is ridiculous.

It may be ridiculous, but you are the exact opposite. You bitch about everything
Quote from DevilDare :Not really a "Real Driving simulator" then, is it?

It's about a learning curve. Imagine if your first sim was.. Netkar Pro (for instance).. and every time you overdid a corner, you'd spin and demolish your car... that'd be pretty demotivating.

Now think of NKP with a simplified damage model, consistently "perfect" heat tyres to start, and ABS/TC. That'd make it easier to drive, and once you get more comfortable you start turning TC/ABS off, learn how to heat cycle your tyres better, not crash..

Which would you prefer if you weren't already a seasoned simracer?
Screw non-seasoned sim racers. Elitists all the way!
Yes, it actually makes sense if you think about it, we can be selfish and want everything from the start, but considering this game has to get the money back and considering who will be it's biggest customers (casuals and kids), then it makes sense. I'm ok with that, i just hope i don't have to play the carreer mode like 40 hours to unlock all the realistic stuff.
And besides, i'm positive that Online, you can have all that right from the start, meaning the race host or however that works, can set all the settings as realistic as possible.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's about a learning curve. Imagine if your first sim was.. Netkar Pro (for instance).. and every time you overdid a corner, you'd spin and demolish your car... that'd be pretty demotivating.

Now think of NKP with a simplified damage model, consistently "perfect" heat tyres to start, and ABS/TC. That'd make it easier to drive, and once you get more comfortable you start turning TC/ABS off, learn how to heat cycle your tyres better, not crash..

I agree, trying to learn nkPro is like punching yourself in the head repeatedly if you have max realism settings.

However, does anyone know if we have the option to turn this 'learning curve' off? Because personally i think thrashing the rubbish cars around on max difficulty will probably be one of the most fun parts of the game
What we haven't seen on any of these videos is car setups, no one has gone and changed gear ratios, spring settings and such.
Any Aussie who haven't preordered yet might want to take a look at this
EU Collectors Edition + 3 Stealth cars (787B, NSX Gt500, Mclaren F1) + GT Keyring and $15 off

No one else is doing a deal this good!
http://www.mightyape.com.au/pr ... llectors-Edition/8047982/

Quote from SAxor :I'm not really bothered with the low detail standards tbo, what worries me more is the lack of pace the AI has been showing in all these vids.

It depends on your level in the game. This race looked ok to me, with standard cars on Daytona road course, and Chris is a real life racer
Still fairly early in the game. American version of the Holden Monaro spotted at 0:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4FmSPDvV48

Him demoing the B-Spec mode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQt0MiAcgE

More feedback from an iRacer - I'll see in a days time, as I still have 2 months of iRacing left to compare. Well I still don't like iRacing's current tyre model

Quote :wajdi1977
the standard cars in motion look very brilliant,now I can confirm that!
the engine sounds improvements are very noticeable
the slipstream,finally,very realistic
the physic,in my opinion,are very similar to iRacing
the feedback from the wheel(G27)is strong and gives a good sensations
Thanks PD,VERY GOOD JOB

Quote from dawesdust_12 :The luxury of a videogame is you have that ability to add and remove variables at will.

Well if you are forbidden to have a variable until you reach certain level, you ain't exactly doing it at will, my will is to have everything maxed from the start..

Quote from Nadeo4441 :It may be ridiculous, but you are the exact opposite. You bitch about everything

bitching about somebody bitching is no different, come on he has a valid opinion, I have never seen people agreeing on such policy in any other games.

This "oh he is a hater, lets dismiss his opinion" shit should only belong in GT planet....

Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's about a learning curve. Imagine if your first sim was.. Netkar Pro (for instance).. and every time you overdid a corner, you'd spin and demolish your car... that'd be pretty demotivating.

Well if you aren't a seasoned sim racer, turn the aids on.

But for the seasoned, you shouldn't have to be baby seated, why should the game tell you how quick you should learn? As in almost every genre of games you have the option to skip the tutorial, when it is compulsory it is a waste for time for those who don't need it, simple logic.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG