The online racing simulator
what can i say, good race again full of unluck Starting 2 after the guest team i knew there was people faster behind me, but i did everything i could and gave away my car in 3 place (not counting guest team). Then the sc came just at the time we really hoped it wouldnt. Anttonen dropped a few positions but did some good driving and stayd inside top-5, then our very fast driver monkeyhead how drove the quali went on to the track, it was allready locking promising for a 3 place (not counting guest team :P) but sadly when after some fighting when holmes cathed us they hitd and monkey spinnd, loosing 3 positions, still it was an racing accident so nothing to do Monkey did get us back to 5 position that i think we should be happy about
As a guestdriver for IRM I'd a tricky second stint. Spun in corner 2 and Tomasz Nogiec hit me and my car was totally undrivable. I want to say sorry for that though I just turn my wheel around and tried to go in right direction of the track and he hit me. Should have been looking at the map and wait for my move.. but I guess it's a racing incident.

Well SC + repair, fueling up and the rest of the stint went okay for me.. but just 4 laps after the leader :P
-
(IMOL) DELETED by IMOL
-
(JayEyeBee) DELETED by JayEyeBee
Is it just me, or was server very unstable yesterday?

... What a race... T1 incident+pitstop and we're almost one lap down, 25 minutes after we have a timeout, precisely 2 laps down. I take car in SC, do a million overtakes (at least it felt like that) and we're 16th, Kaique gets in car and takes over a sec pr. lap on quite a few guys in front of us. Right before his 2nd timeout we're only 1 lap down on tracker, and then bam

Did some of the best racing I've ever done though

EDIT: Stream 52:39... Please know what you talk about before you say it, I had nothing to do with that
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF
New Dimension Racing Events // GTAL 2011 (Season 2) - Round 2

3 Hours of Westhill International Circuit

Its getting late in the afternoon while the sun set here on Westhill International Circuit, situated in the farming areas of western England, we are looking forward to have a great race on the fast down and uphill corners and fast straights. While the grid is finding their way to the S/F again for the second round of the fresh 2011 GTAL Season. There's low wind crossing the track, not that much to feel on your skin, but still enough to influence the aerodynamics of the GT9's cars and having already some drivers being annoyed by the fact that maybe they'll loose some kph's on the straights.

But still keeping in mind to have a great race again and catch some more experience, 20 year old Cargame.nl driver P. Krüger jumped into his overall, put on his helmet and fasten seat belt. The teammanager and 2nd driver for the race in once - Jos Meertens - gave him the instructions to drive smoothly his first of two stints, because in some case most of the fighting drivers in front maybe will crash and thats a good chance for the team to claim some positions. And as we will see later that article, it was the best thing to do so. The race was going to begin and the Safety Car drove away on S/F. The grid was getting some heat in the tyres and finally formating double-file right into the last turn, when green flag was waved and the race started.

Here we go, 3 hours of racing at Westhill International. And right in that moment some incident happen, involving cars #22 driven by D. Jundt, #20's car from D. Pire, #14 B. Holmberg and #12 Craven. When Jundt went left for some reason he hit D. Pire who was struggling with the wheel now, hits B. Holmberg very hard on the left rear and accidently causes Craven to have a total spin to the very right side of the track, all messed it up and #19 P. Krüger couldn't avoid any of them. Some positions ahead of Krüger some other drivers were in trouble too, when #24 Leyton was hit by #08 Piropo in the left rear end of his car, totally smashed into the wall. Some more action in the very first lap happened in the tyrewall chicane, turn 6, 6a and 7, when #18 Cullen was fighting for position 13 with #05 Runas. He just passes him and drove straight into the tyrewall. Runas tries to avoid the spinning car of Cullen, drove through the grass on the left inner side of exit Turn 7, had a bit wheelspin, came back to the track and collided with #22 D. Jundt, who's already had some bad luck when race started under green flag. The lucky one out of all that mess was surprisingly #19 P. Krüger, who had a bad start too, but now has reached P19.

When the race was running and calming down a bit, everybody had his great and bad moments overtaking, racing and drafting with the others on track, while #19 Krüger was driving hotlap by hotlap he claimed up to P17. In Lap 14 there was another big incident when #02 M. Garbolewski was fighting with the german #06 A. Falkenhain and almost passed and outbraked him into Turn 8, both were drifting to the left at the apex of the corner, #24 J. Cerny of the mpwr team could avoid them, but TDRT's #13 K. Harvey crashed into #02 M. Garbolewski and had some heavily damaged front. The fastest FXR at the moment was #07's F. Gehammar of GraVt Team everybody, especially the commentary of the livestream, was not sure and believed its spelled like Gravity Team, but some other told it was pronounced just like Craft Team. However, #07 F. Gehammar was closing the gap to #19 P. Krüger almost by 1 second each lap. He catches him but Krüger is able to keep him behind for nearly 2 laps, being a bit faster through sector 1 and giving him no chance to overtake so far he made a mistake in the chicane and so #07 F. Gehammar was able to fairly overtake him in the slipstream after exit Turn 7, being P15 so far.

#19 P. Krüger made a good race quite so far, setting his car on P16 after 1 hour and 5 minutes, driven 37 laps at all. He went to the pits, changed tyres, refueled and continued racing on P18, doing his 2nd stint and pushing the hell out of the car to claim back some good positions, because the race was quite eventfull at the moment and everything was possible. And just right in that moment some dangerous movements of the extrem heavily damaged car #14 droven by M. Martinson has been the reason for some action on the track. Somehow he drove like he's all alone and didn't even recognize some faster cars coming right around the corners. The other racers nearly crashed into him when M. Martinson was trying to find his way back to the track. Sorry to say, but finally he ends up in the grass on the left of Turn 7, and Safety Car was deployed. #19 P. Krüger was able to overtake the Safety Car after Turn 1, and all the other drivers racing behind him now have been almost 1 lap down, so the Safety Car helped a lot to keep the good position for Cargame.nl Team. The restart after 3 laps of Safety Car leading the field - was totally a mess again, when about 8 cars were fighting for positions and went into turn 8, but everything went well and the race continued smoothly. After a bunch of drivers collided each other during or after the Safety Car situation, #19 P. Krüger claimed up to P13, having a great fight then in Lap 55 with #07 N. Bjorklund and #20's v. d. Bosch overtaking him into Turn 1 which used to be the favorite overtaking spot for #19 P. Krüger this evening.

Now that he was on 11th Position the calculating goes on, which position Cargame.nl will end if P. Krüger pits again and give his wheel to second driver for the evening - Jos Meerten? He had 6 cars right behind him, #07 #20 #27# 26 #12 and #13 having a gap to them from 3 up to 20 seconds at all, with just 1 hour left to race and loosing half a second each lap now, due to front tyres loosing grip. While some racers in front of him pitted and changed the drivers, he almost reached an unbelievable Top 8 Position, coming into pits, and finally giving the wheel to Jos Meerten, who jumped into the drivers seat very fast again, getting back on track and try finishing the last stint with a big smile on his face, because he knew the race just has been great so far for the Team and a Top 15 placement is possible. So #19 J. Meerten drove out of the pits on Position 13, pushing the car to the limit, but nothing was possible so far, but doing a great job with holding his position and driving a constant stint, which has been the best variety to claim some positions this evening. He didnt made any mistakes at all. Car #20 D. Pire was closing the gap to him second by second. J. Meerten couldn't defend him anyway, because D. Pire was just too fast. Having a great race so far nothing special happened for us or the other teams. Just right in that moment Car #09 D. Jovanovic pitted in the 108th Lap of the race, which was almost the end of the race and J. Meerten claimed P13 now, while the Serbian Chromed Pistons driver D. Jovanoic was falling back to P17. Jos Meerten was driving now the very last minute, the cheqquered flag was wave and after 3 eventfull hours of great racing, they've reached Position 12 - because the guestteam is not counting - in their second endurance race for Team Cargame.nl

Facing the facts in overall this was the best race of P. Krüger and J. Meerten they ever had so far, after the team totally messed it up at their first race on Kyoto National Reverse, when they had some timeout and connection problems with S. Sietens and Joris Peters. And the Qualifying didn't went well so far for P. Krüger too, just starting from P25, they finished the race with almost no problems, expect the start, but finished on an unbelievable 12th Position. That shows being constant sometimes counts more than being fast as hell. Congratulations goes to E-Team's driver J. Törmälä winning this eventfull race, the Guestteam Adenoids Racing finished 2nd but scoring no points, behind them Sonicrealms Racing Isaac Price finished 2nd for the scoring points and The Xcite Inferno driver J. Holmes finished 3rd. The best FX9 placement was - with no surprise - the superfast GraVt Racing Team driver F. Gehammar on Position 9 claiming 5 positions forward at all. Congratulations also goes to all the other racers and for having a great race again, giving us the chance to get some more experience. Thanks to MultiBC and the brilliant commentators of the Livestream which gives us the opportonity to watch the eventull races again and again, hopefully the whole season.

Now we are looking forward to have a good race on Fern Bay Black, which is used to be a more FX9 friendly track, and maybe there we can reach such a good position again.

(c) P. Krüger (aka Marc Romboy from Cargame.nl)
Pictures also taken by P. Krüger

Thanks for reading, sorry for some mistakes in grammar or spelling, somehow they found their way into my text
Very Nice :P good desctription off the race
its just written in the POV from cargame.nl
some fights missing
Great report, good luck in next round.
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
I just want to say thanks, and well done to Lims in TEM. You made no trouble at all under blue-flag, and made as far as I saw no problems at all during the race. You didnt lose much time under blue flag, but you let all cars pass easily, without any risks, without losing time and not at stupid spots. Respect mate
Quote from Tomhah :I just want to say thanks, and well done to Lims in TEM. You made no trouble at all under blue-flag, and made as far as I saw no problems at all during the race. You didnt lose much time under blue flag, but you let all cars pass easily, without any risks or without losing time. Respect mate

Though just blocking us (e-team) while we were battling very hard for the lead. Even after sounding the horn for 30secs he just wouldn't move and nearly made us hit the tires in chicane..
Quote from Hahmo :Though just blocking us (e-team) while we were battling very hard for the lead. Even after sounding the horn for 30secs he just wouldn't move and nearly made us hit the tires in chicane..

He moved over every time I saw cars lapping him
Quote from Tomhah :He moved over every time I saw cars lapping him

missed us then probably :P
E: And it even was on the stream, and wilko was screaming at it
yeah :P Unfortunatly, we werent up front after some incidents mid-through the race^^ So my focus was watching 11th place etc more than 1st x)
Quote from Tomhah :yeah :P Unfortunatly, we werent up front after some incidents mid-through the race^^

Read edit of the last post of mine :P
And yeah, we had quite a few battles with you at the start, don't know where you stayed for the rest of the race..
Quote from Hahmo :Read edit of the last post of mine :P
And yeah, we had quite a few battles with you at the start, don't know where you stayed for the rest of the race..

Lag-incident sent us off from 3rd to 10th. Then something we protested sent us off from 10th to 16th. Then we got us back up to 11th
Quote from Tomhah :I just want to say thanks, and well done to Lims in TEM. You made no trouble at all under blue-flag, and made as far as I saw no problems at all during the race. You didnt lose much time under blue flag, but you let all cars pass easily, without any risks, without losing time and not at stupid spots. Respect mate

Yeah thx mate, it wasn t has easy has it seem on the stream, because it was difficult to kwown who was who behind me and who to let pass or not.
One thing is that i don t remember blocking anyone and i didn t hear anyone conplaining about me in the stream when i done my stin. if i did block someone, it wasn t intentionnelle and do apology.
#116 - CSF
It must be said TEM were on a final warning at the end of the race for some of their ridiculous blue flag behavior when the leaders were coming through, however Miro, I don't believe that was Lims.
Might've been lombardi, not too sure :P Was TEM anyways
It was Lombardi.
Quote from Tomhah :Session of Incident - Race
Lap of incident - 62/63
Timecode of incident - 1h44min and 20 sec
Your car Number - 27
Other Car(s) Involved - 22
Brief description of incident - 27 passed car 22 in the final turn, as 22 was blue-flagged. Though, car 22 passes car 27 on the straight, making us losing time. When you are blue-flagged, then please dont repass just because you have the draft. Just stick to their bumper instead.

I dont believe this "incident" or whatever is enough for a penalty, but please think of it for the next races, as it will just make it easier for both you and the cars lapping you. Dont repass unless you have a quicker pace.

Apologies on behalf of the team. Sorry if we cost you loads of time :\

Duly noted for next round though
Quote from CARRERA GT :Yeah thx mate, it wasn t has easy has it seem on the stream, because it was difficult to kwown who was who behind me and who to let pass or not.
One thing is that i don t remember blocking anyone and i didn t hear anyone conplaining about me in the stream when i done my stin. if i did block someone, it wasn t intentionnelle and do apology.

If you dont know if it's a blueflag or not I should say let em pass especally when they flash with their lights and horn.

But blueflag is always hard to manage.. and I dont remember which cars it was but he almost pushed me of the track into turn 4. Even if I understand that you don't wont to loose any time on the blueflag I think it's much safer for both of us if you pass me in the exit of the corner instead.
Quote from martinson :If you dont know if it's a blueflag or not I should say let em pass especally when they flash with their lights and horn.

But blueflag is always hard to manage.. and I dont remember which cars it was but he almost pushed me of the track into turn 4. Even if I understand that you don't wont to loose any time on the blueflag I think it's much safer for both of us if you pass me in the exit of the corner instead.

I got no idea what you talking about..they were no cars that were flashing they headlights or soundind they horns at me. Ive just watched my entire stin on the replay and has Tommy said, i perfectly did let pass everyone without any complaine coming from any of those drivers. Give me the exact time and lap where you beleive i blocked, cos i think you making a mistake blaming me for a blocking incident.
Quote from zippytheone :Apologies on behalf of the team. Sorry if we cost you loads of time :\

Duly noted for next round though

Great, thats the right attitude No worries
#123 - CSF
Quote from Hahmo :Though just blocking us (e-team) while we were battling very hard for the lead. Even after sounding the horn for 30secs he just wouldn't move and nearly made us hit the tires in chicane..

Apologises on behalf of TEM. I will have a speak with Mr. Lombardi about that.

Quote from CSF :Restarts and some of the driving get a : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Classic!

E:
Quote from reason0809 :New Dimension Racing Events // GTAL 2011 (Season 2) - Round 2

3 Hours of Westhill International Circuit

Nice read, keep doing man.

Quote :The fastest FXR at the moment was #07's F. Gehammar of GraVt Team everybody, especially the commentary of the livestream, was not sure and believed its spelled like Gravity Team, but some other told it was pronounced just like Craft Team.

Quote from CSF :Car 18 is awarded a 2 lap penalty and a 10 place grid drop for the next round for unsafe rejoin of the track, leading to a massive accident for car 09. Driver 5ini5t3r - K. Cullen is placed on probation for the rest of the season.

I'm just gonna hold my hands up here and apologize to the #09 team for causing this accident with them , I received a tap from a car that i was trying to give room to but I ended up spinning out . obviously the quick glance to the mini-map and the quick look to the left wasn't enough of a check .

I will also apologize on behalf of our team to cars #11 and #24 for any problems that we caused to their race . I'm not going to make any excuses but this was only our second proper league event race and I guess it showed here ... we shall try to learn from this .

Regards

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG