The online racing simulator

2gb gtx460 dad broke old one trying to fit in his shuttle so got this
Quote from brt900 :

2gb gtx460 dad broke old one trying to fit in his shuttle so got this

should have gone for 2 GXT460s (1gb versions) and SLI'd them. apparently, combined they run better than the GTX480
Quote from dadge :should have gone for 2 GXT460s (1gb versions) and SLI'd them. apparently, combined they run better than the GTX480

scan my local pc shop was doing a offer for 2 1gb's but it was £300 and one 2gb was £180 find that a better deal
Quote from brt900 :scan my local pc shop was doing a offer for 2 1gb's but it was £300 and one 2gb was £180 find that a better deal

erm nope. lol. each card is £150 hence the £300 price tag for two. if you were to buy 2 of the 2GB cards, the price tag would be £360 which is £60 more.
Quote from dadge :erm nope. lol. each card is £150 hence the £300 price tag for two. if you were to buy 2 of the 2GB cards, the price tag would be £360 which is £60 more.

id rather save £120 and have one 2gb card and im also running a rather small psu so i think im right in saying 2 1gb cards would sap more power
Quote from brt900 :id rather save £120 and have one 2gb card and im also running a rather small psu so i think im right in saying 2 1gb cards would sap more power

yes because you'd have double the graphics performance compared to having just one card with double the memory.

EDIT: if i were you, i'd save to buy another one. 4gb on sli'd graphics is a bit overkill but the overall performance would be quite high.
EDIT 2: looking at the price of a single (1GB) 460. that offer for 2 cards at £300 is only really a saving of about £4. the cheapest 460 i can see on ocuk is http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ ... ;catid=56&subcat=1830 £114. two of the cheapest would come in at £228 which is only £48 more than your current 2gb set-up. the card are only 768MB each but in sli, that's 1.5 gb which imo, is perfect.
for my birthday in may my pc is being overhauled new mobo, i7 6gb~ ddr3 ram and might chuck another 2gb gtx460 or maybe another 2
Quote from brt900 :for my birthday in may my pc is being overhauled new mobo, i7 6gb~ ddr3 ram and might chuck another 2gb gtx460 or maybe another 2

Why, is Crysis 3 on the way? I don't understand the need for this crazy hardware, just for games.. WHAT games, it's basically all multiplatform tittles on the PC, which work with pretty basic hardware.. what game can justify that kind of hardware?
any game that uses physx and has dx11
Quote from Boris Lozac :Why, is Crysis 3 on the way? I don't understand the need for this crazy hardware, just for games.. WHAT games, it's basically all multiplatform tittles on the PC, which work with pretty basic hardware.. what game can justify that kind of hardware?

i probably wont add another 2 ill give this my dad and get a newer model maybe a gtx580. or put more money into a six core i7
my last purchases were 2 tickets to hardstyle party in new york for next wednesday,and i just bought MOH 2010 limited edition. so im gonna install it and try it out.

My new 22" monitor... I've had it for a few weeks so far.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :

Samsung LE32C530?

Have my eye on that monitor for awhile now, tell me how you get on with.
Quote from rc10racer :Samsung LE32C530?

Have my on that monitor for awhile now, tell me how you get on with.

eye
It's LE40 same one just 40" i think, it's going up tomorrow so will give you some feedback, i've heard some decent stuff about the quality of the samsung monitors and TV's and at £370 you can't really go wrong.
Harman/Kardon Go-Play, awesome sound for 330 euro.

Last night, lots...

I lost count.

I stayed away from the jagermeister, unlike the person i was drinking with, i gave up and went home at midnight as i had gone skint, whereas she got in at about 5am by all accounts, had about 4 hours sleep and still has a stinking hangover now, har har!
Quote from danthebangerboy :Last night, lots...

I lost count.

I stayed away from the jagermeister, unlike the person i was drinking with, i gave up and went home at midnight as i had gone skint, whereas she got in at about 5am by all accounts, had about 4 hours sleep and still has a stinking hangover now, har har!

Happy times
Quote from G!NhO :Harman/Kardon Go-Play, awesome sound for 330 euro.

330 euro isn't exactly cheap.

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG