The online racing simulator
Don't provoke Eric to call you a bunch of nolifers, again.
Quote from bishtop :but there is a lot of people who have stuck with the game since 2003

fixed
Its a cliche but seriously just do something else until the patch is released and if it never appears we won't have wasted our time whining about it.

The Dev team move with the speed of an apprentice council worker , so either enjoy what we have or just do something else.

I suggest having children as you won't have any free time to worry about LFS
I have three kids; 10, 6 and 2... but there's still "free time" at work and a little in the evenings to check up on the banter going on around here .
8,11 and 18 , and your right you can squeeze a bit here and there , but they can make it hard to commit to a league .

Well not them but wife to be precise .

Anyways back to whinging about LFS :spam:
More whining , makes waiting longer. Scawen dont want to dissapoint us, after all whinings threads.

We make the work much harder, i think.
Quote from Xenix74 : Scawen dont want to dissapoint us, after all whinings threads.

This whining is getting boring I agree. But dont you think devs would close this (and other whining topics) if they would care about those comments?
Just wondering...
Quote from boosterfire :So that means Eric has only reproduced one track (not designed) and allegedly finish car interiors in what... more than two years? And only posted a few pictures of the former? That's good PR? That's creating a thrill? Nope, it's creating anger.

I don't get the whole "I don't have to report to anyone" thing. Eric works slowly, period. Besides, why doesn't he want to show us his work? Shouldn't he be eager to post his progress, or finished stuff online so that we can be in awe?

Prove me wrong, Eric! Prove. Me. Wrong.

I agree, well said. Surely it isn't too much to ask for some kind of info. For all we know he may have finished working on lfs months ago. Or on the other hand he might have 3 or 4 new tracks waiting for the right time to release them, but it's the not knowing that's killing the community for the real lfs fans.

There's a hug difference if the "We are still working on lfs" means they are working 10mins a week or 7 hours a day. That could be the difference between the community getting updates in a few months or a few years...
rockingham mentioned fifth gear on sky dave turbo,,unfortunatly its wasnt to do with lfs though,what a tease.lol
Quote from bishtop :rockingham mentioned fifth gear on sky dave turbo,,unfortunatly its wasnt to do with lfs though,what a tease.lol

lol wut....i've been up for a while but to me that sentence makes no sense whatsoever....is it just me?
Quote from senn :lol wut....i've been up for a while but to me that sentence makes no sense whatsoever....is it just me?

His sig explains that.
Quote from boosterfire :I don't think he did. Also, he didn't say he'd release the tire improvements individually, before working (or finishing work) on the rest.

In my opinion Scawen doesn't release a new tyre physics without suspension update because it makes no sense.

Quote from amp88 :This is not coherent. Where did Scawen say he was delaying the other improvements just to finish the tyre improvements?

He didn't say this directly. His statement after 7 months of work from which it can be concluded that he worked on the development of tyre physics only?
And you don't get what I mean... I'm talking about what he did in the meantime, not about his to-do list.

As some may know when Scawen can't find a solution to certain problems, as he said he make break from development of tyre physics from time to time to refresh his mind.
This long time of silence tells me that he make long break. If at this time he don't working on other important stuff (like suspension update) will be really bad.
We'll have to wait longer for next update.

@Eric I don't demand much, one your statement of the development of LFS per year and I will be happy.
Quote from richo :Well not them but wife to be precise .

How do I understand you.

Anyway, I'm fixing this, will get new HW, wheel, S2 and divorce somewhere early in 2011 ... not like I'm suggesting it to you as a good solution, actually I don't like it, but there was no other way, so at least I will enjoy LFS finally.

Funny, for a long time I thought S3 will be released sooner then me having HW+time to play LFS (and I didn't expect S3 to be released anytime soon), but now I'm quite confident I will make it before S3.
Quote from adamshl :
This long time of silence tells me that he make long break. If at this time he don't working on other important stuff (like suspension update) will be really bad.
We'll have to wait longer for next update.

You are damn right.
XMas this year is his last Chance to publish something or to give a News that some Updates !! or S3 will be released in the 1st or 2nd Month of 2011.
If he wont so LFS is just like what it worth it from now and there isnt much more left to play it.

Xmas 2010 or LFS did not worth it to come back here
Quote from Be2K :You are damn right.
XMas this year is his last Chance to publish something or to give a News that some Updates !! or S3 will be released in the 1st or 2nd Month of 2011.
If he wont so LFS is just like what it worth it from now and there isnt much more left to play it.

Xmas 2010 or LFS did not worth it to come back here

All this "last chance" talk is very foolish, last chance or what?
its not like people arn't already complaining, whinging, and moaning lol.

Seriously you would think from the constant posts mentioning how much or little people are working on this game that it belonged to anyone other than the devs, it is their property and their project to work on as and when they like.

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :All this "last chance" talk is very foolish, last chance or what?
its not like people arn't already complaining, whinging, and moaning lol.

LOL yeah that ship disappeared over the horizon many moons ago.

People need to just accept that LFS is a product which you choose to buy/use.

You won't feel loved. You won't enjoy a constant stream of communication. You won't feel like part of the family.

What they do is up to them, entirely. They've made it quite clear that simply pleasing people is not the number one priority, or they would have "somehow" released more content by now.

They obviously have a bigger picture in mind, I wish them good luck.
its just my thinking about my "Race-Life" in LFS

We paid for it and i think its our right to be found out what the progress is.

Its enough to say (eg.)"I have found out how i can resolve Problem A".
or to publish one new Track. It couldnt be so hard to give us some Variation untill we MUST wait for S3.
Quote from Be2K :We paid for it and i think its our right to be found out what the progress is.

You paid for a full product without updates.

Therefore you can't demand anything.
Wow, this thread feels like musical chairs with an endless loop of music. Because it's going around in circles all the time
Quote from athome :wow, this thread feels like musical chairs with an endless loop of music. Because it's going around in circles all the time

lets do the time warp again!!!!!!!!!
Quote from danowat :lets do the time warp again!!!!!!!!!

How do we start it? "Is S3 coming out tomorrow"?
I don't normally complain about the lack of updates of LFS, but netKar pro is introducing rain next month while we STILL havent had a big update in ages..
Did you look at the rain video? Making wipers move and the track shiny in a repeating pattern whilst lowering overall grip and overall brighness does not, in my book, constitute rain simulation. I'm sure it'll be better than that, but not by much. I don't think it'll have puddles, dry and wet lines, varying conditions etc. Happy to be proven wrong though.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG