The online racing simulator
LFS VideoMode Competition Round 3 : LFS Intro
(50 posts, started )

Click here for the MainRules

Rules: (made by speed1230, these will not be changed.)

This weeks theme is... "LFS INTRO"
-You have to create a Intro for LiveForSpeed.

Maximum length of the Video (by speed1230) : THREE MINUTES

CARS: ALL
TRACKS: ALL
(by speed1230).

How to :
If you want to show your final video, you have to :
- Post a link of a VideoPortal (e.g. Youtube/Vimeo/etc...)
- Or the Download-Link of your video, if the VideoPortal had blocked it, etc...

Competitions Closes at : Friday, 26th November 2010, 24.00pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (CET).
Of course, I can't compete in this compeition (but even if I did the video would be not elegible since it's over 3 mins!) but here's an example video that I created to give you some ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1XQTk6Em-Q
Don't make the intro the same as this though!
Audio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQMlzcbfz0I
Inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... SaAV8&feature=related
Edit: Yes, I do realise the lag at the end of the video, I just can't seem to get a slo-mo footage smooth
#3 - Myffe
Aww yea this is much better than crashes and accidents. Gonna push really hard in this round
Time is abit a crunch, But I'm totally doing this.
I read the rules and I'm not quite sure about the rule regarding videos that have been made long before this contest was started. When I read "5. Videos of an old time period or you already used aren't allowed." I understood it as if you're not allowed to use the same video twice in this contest, no matter what theme the contest is about.
I'm wondering about that rule since I made an intro for LFS in september -09 which I'd like to participate with. Not going to link to that specific video until I know if it's alright though. :]
Quote from [SWE]RE :I read the rules and I'm not quite sure about the rule regarding videos that have been made long before this contest was started. When I read "5. Videos of an old time period or you already used aren't allowed." I understood it as if you're not allowed to use the same video twice in this contest, no matter what theme the contest is about.
I'm wondering about that rule since I made an intro for LFS in september -09 which I'd like to participate with. Not going to link to that specific video until I know if it's alright though. :]

Quote from FireMike15 :the rule is saying, that you must not use a video which is old, means like last year, last 5 months or you used in other comp.

Quote from Myffe :Aww yea this is much better than crashes and accidents. Gonna push really hard in this round

I can't wait for your intro then
Crap. I'm out of the competition already then, don't have time to make videos anymore.
Quote from [SWE]RE :Crap. I'm out of the competition already then, don't have time to make videos anymore.

That's a shame
Quote from FireMike15 :Competitions Closes at : Friday, 29th November 2010, 24.00pm CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME (CET).

Typo, guess you mean 26th?
If the time limit is 3min, how much the video can go over that limit? 10sec like in first round? Found perfect song but it takes just little bit more than 3min
And how much is minimum lenght of video?
There is no minimum, as short as you want.
Might join this time, if I have time to do it.
Quote from Myffe :If the time limit is 3min, how much the video can go over that limit? 10sec like in first round? Found perfect song but it takes just little bit more than 3min

Cutting the song might help but make sure it isn't too obvious by cutting it perfectly, I had to cut my intro's song slightly - it was at least 5 mins
Quote from Myffe :Aww yea this is much better than crashes and accidents. Gonna push really hard in this round

Read the rules 2.1. You can make it +10% longer from the allowed time. So basically 18sec longer I think.
Well, if older movies would've been allowed to enter the competition, I would've entered with this. (hrm, advertising my work, )
Nice entry devildare.
-Litro : Do not avoid joining, if the first video is gonna be good. Maybe you gonna beat it with creativity.
Thanks guys!

Yeah Litro, like Mike said, enter. I'm sure you can "cook up" something good. And anyway, this is just for fun. No one is going to get bashed or whatever.
Yeap, nice DevilDare.
Brilliant stuff DevilDare
Litro, just believe in yourself, you never know that it will be amazing.
I had trouble when I was making my -OsR- Crash video - I had a history of badly recieved videos which sort of made me think not to participate in the competition
And when I did put my video in the round, I won it
Shows what self belief can do
nice video devildare im in that video too
Relax, that was just a joke I've started to make video already then, so I "finished" it. There it is. Should do it better and carefully, but I'm doing it just for fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFQmD1HAS3s

(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG