The online racing simulator
New category by Polifony Digital, rally racing...
Look at that tasty trail in the background

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sex certainly did.

But in our age there wasn't much hype about it really...no trailers, no demos, no first hand impressions.....just some hard to get blurry pieces of screenshots.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Better than MGS4 haha
Actually.. MGS wasn't bad.. 5 minutes or so before each Act, which was good.. gave you time to stretch your legs, eat some food, get a drink, take a pee.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Actually.. MGS wasn't bad.. 5 minutes or so before each Act, which was good.. gave you time to stretch your legs, eat some food, get a drink, take a pee.

Then sit through an 30 minute cut-scene
Guy who has the game, respected member of GTP, says the physics are somewhere beatween the "cruelty of TT demo, and Prologue".. :ouch:
Quote from Boris Lozac :Guy who has the game, respected member of GTP, says the physics are somewhere beatween the "cruelty of TT demo, and Prologue".. :ouch:

So good or bad?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from DieKolkrabe :So good or bad?

That to me sounds simplified, since he obviously thinks TT demo was too 'cruel'.
Quote from Boris Lozac :That to me sounds simplified, since he obviously thinks TT demo was too 'cruel'.

The tyre model was off in the TT, you have to admit. It's more progressive now when I played the demo, and weight shift under braking actually does something. It feels more connected to the road, especially when you start sliding. In the TT it kinda felt too slick when you started to drift - strange feeling, but you could steer with the throttle, not many games get this part right

Anyway, get the tuned 370z and take it on Indy road course and see how it compares

---

What the B-Spec driver profile it looks like. It was on an Arabic picture site. Apparently GT5 is being sold in Dubai already

Also damage is more apparent in the retail version vs the leaked one. No paint scuffs?
There is mechanical damage as well
http://uploadpic.org/storage/o ... njrekj32rjn2lsf4jffs3.jpg
Quote from Boris Lozac :Aparently, first time install of the game takes aproximately 40 minutes..

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132726

And that's just the initial part (~6gb), it installs more as you play..

Either it's been bombarded or they have stopped the link, got through about 10 pages and then couldn't access it anymore.

Just went back and they have closed the thread, and can only be updated by the originator.
Ha! It was there all the time, i refreshed it every couple of minutes, there were like 40 pages.. i'm guessing Sony deleted the thread.
Looks like thread is gone, grrr I didn't get a chance to read it

But the guy does post on Neogaf

edit - it's back up, without all the spam in it
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132738

Quote :I drive with G25.

Clutch users, rejoyce! Clutch works, same style as GT5:Prologue, no official support, you still have to press triangle before the race, but the beauty is here.

Physics are fantastic. In the line somewhere between cruelty of Academy TT Demo and Prologue. My first ride was Trial Mountain with F40, S1 tyres, all aids OFF (ABS on 1), Professional setting. I spun on lap 2, went into Pause Menu and found out about new addition in Quick Options - Interior View Angle.

Now we can adjust view angle to Standard, Narrow and Narrower.

Great, it seems like Save files are locked, so i have to play the game with the AI and stuff until i unlock everything, hahahh, 1995 style.. :eclipsee_:doh:
Prologue wasn't IIRC and previous GTs weren't

Wonder why 5 is
Gonna need to do the licenses as well if you want to be able to host 16 player races
National B. Shouldn't be hard or take too long with a man of your abilities

I have 2 PSN accounts, so I guess I can't copy from one profile to the other, I hope not. I hope it's just locked to the PS3, and not accounts. Otherwise it's a pain, as I have amost of my friends on 1 account, which is not my main one

--

edit - Boris go download a Prologue save file, so you can have all those cars from Prologue unlocked in Arcade mode
Thats' about 60-70 premium cars plus the Ferrari F1
Quote from CoolColJ :
edit - Boris go download a Prologue save file, so you can have all those cars from Prologue unlocked in Arcade mode
Thats' about 60-70 premium cars plus the Ferrari F1

You think that will work?

Anyway, don't have a problem with licences, i'm just trying to avoid racing the AI-s by any means, and yet unlock everything..
It does work.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :So good or bad?

I guess good, the Time trial has concrete tyres when you start passing certain slip angle.
Why cheating? Do the work!
Quote from The Very End :Why cheating? Do the work!

It's 2010, some people think the quote is now "Why do the work? Cheat!".
Sounds good, sounds definately good.. More physics impressions from Amar:

Quote :At this update I'll try to tackle some issues from yesterday, with focus on some questions I found interesting and some elaborations regarding various parts of the GT5.

With physics being most important in my book, I understand that some observation from tomorrow were somehow misleading. So, here are the further impressions.

I drive with G25, no assists except ABS (1), and no clutch (although it works as previously mentioned). I have no idea about limitations of sequential shifters on G27 (as witnessed in Prologue and TT demo), none of my friends have it and I can't try it at this point. I also have a Fanatec 911 GT3 RSV2 Clubsport waiting to be mounted, but until my new rig comes that baby will not start it's GT5 life.

As I mentioned yesterday, most important issue in physics is disappearance of STD/PRO distinction. Instead, GT5 introduces new driving-aid, Skid Recovery Force, which somewhat limits car lateral movement allowing for easier control. I presume it also applies some kind of steering buffer for controller users, but I haven't try the game with the pad so I can't elaborate further. As said before, all license test in N-B and N-A divisions comes with SRF enabled and I presume it can be disabled by progressing into higher tiers of Licenses - as logic of the licenses determines, since by advancing you can turn-off almost every assists (or the appropriate test turns it off as mandatory).

My physics impression comes from driving stock RX-7 (N2), stock M3 (S1) and racing Castrol Supra (R1) on dry surfaces. GT5 physics is the most advanced physics any any GT game to date, more complex than Prologue, demanding as Academy TT physics, but much more subtile and profound. Tire-snap is now logical, you can feel the surface, suspension and weight on tires and you can perfectly determine what is going on with the tire-grip. I'm impressed with modeling of suspensions - feel of the road is phenomenal and in every moment you know what your car is doing through the force feedback effect delivered on the wheel.

You have a constant idea what your car is doing and you just know when you did something wrong. It is very difficult to explain by words, but all variables that determines the feel of the car on particular part of the track are linked perfectly. You just know when you're going over the top, when the line you've taken will not be good or when you've applied the wrong steer. Also, greatest improvement is done in realms of racing cars, where Kazunori finally reached the levels of his only inspiration, Yu Suzuki's masterpiece F355 Challenge. Sense of speed through corners is now perfect. The insane level of grip and power of race cars has been finally toned down, and feeling of having an ultimate driving machine now comes from ability to steer perfectly, to have control of throttle and brakes, to feel the suspension and to have time to prepare for next maneuver. Refinement in this area is the most important to me, because in all previous GT games I had problems with insanity of race cars. Now everything is in place as it should be, and I love that aspect most.

Of course, in days to come, GT5's physics will be analyzed as no driving-game physics ever was. I expect many criticism, searching for flaws, comparisment with "this game" or "that game", but I have strong impression that physics in GT5 is the most refined physics ever introduced in virtual world - as long as "physics" is determined by the feel of actual driving, feel of tires, feel of suspension, weight transfer, engine momentum and actual feel of steering. Sense of speed, grip, weight and car-performance is just logical and natural - and that is what matters most.

I tried to drive without ABS on both stock cars mentioned above, but even G25 pedals are not up to that task Although overall effect of non-ABS braking is more refined than in Prologue, brakes needs to be approached with great attention. Actual tire-lock is easy to be done and I really have no idea how will users of DFGT/DFP drive without ABS if wanted . Watching braking without ABS in replays finally looks logical and natural and later afternoon I'll be doing much more research in that particular field. On the other side, driving a Castrol Supra on R1 without ABS was totally different from stock-cars, I could tackle braking more efficiently and I presume that mechanical setting (tire compound, suspension, brake power distribution) have lot to do with the overall immersion of the non-ABS braking.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG