The online racing simulator
I was going to say Fanatec, but they are hard to get hold of, and expensive.
This might be the issue with G27

Quote :
My understanding of what was quoted and the current situation is as follows:

- It is a fact that for GT5 Prologue, the paddle shifters and the clutch work on the G25, and for the G27 the paddles do NOT work but the clutch does. So, both have functional clutches.

- It is a fact that the button assignment for the G25 and G27 took place under the DFP menu in GT5 Prologue.

- It is a fact that for the later-released GT5 Academy TT at Indianapolis in the 370Z, the paddles on the G27 worked. For this demo TT the clutch was disabled for G25 and G27. Button assignment for G25 and G27 still took place under the DFP menu.

- It is a fact that through certain modifications, in GT5P with the use of the G25 (and I assume the G27) there was a way to flat-shift using the clutch. This is most obvious in the online time trial leaderboards from users |_|AmiR|_| and |_|UfuK|_| who modified their equipment to allow shifting up without the loss of any power, hence massively better time trial times. This was also possible in races. This in my opinion, is the unfair advantage that they are referring to.

- In the first GT Academy, clutch use was allowed. In the GT5 Academy TT the clutch was disabled, possibly due to the above advantage the modification brings to the G25/27 user's upshifting.

My interpretation is that as a result of this modification's massive advantage over other wheels in regards to the G25 and G27, Polyphony Digital cannot "Officially" support these wheels as Logitech have not created firmware to eliminate the advantage of this modification. I therefore believe that you will still be able to use your clutch on your G25 and G27 in Gran Turismo 5, and maybe the modification to allow flatshifting will still work.

However, if PD go so far as to actually completely disable the clutch for G25, and you have purchased a G27 or G25, the paddles will still work, the pedals and build quality will still be superior to that of a DFGT.

It's my opinion that the clutch will work in GT5, they just cannot officially support the wheels due to the unfair advantage of the modification.

All the best
Maz

well if it isn't supported at the start I'm sure PD will have lots of angry customers eventually making them release a patch to make it work. Now I am wondering will GT5 be as big a let down as Mafia 2 was? Only time will tell. Still getting it though
Quote from Luke.S :... Now I am wondering will GT5 be as big a let down as Mafia 2 was? ...

Uhm, GT5 will be as cool as all the other previous versions.
I remember I'd played gt1- 2 and 3, and thought they were amazing. then I tried LFS in 2003 and that pretty much killed my desire to play gt3 and left me disappointed with gt4. GT5 looks like it will be good, though
Quote from Gabkicks :I remember I'd played gt1- 2 and 3, and thought they were amazing. then I tried LFS in 2003 and that pretty much killed my desire to play gt3 and left me disappointed with gt4. GT5 looks like it will be good, though

Pretty much the same case with me, only it was GT4.. bought PS2 just for it, drove it a couple of months then LFS came out and killed it.. After it, GT4 felt like you are typing with winter gloves..
Pic from the so called Leaked versions - hmmmm
Could be a cut down demo/preview/beta version.... might explain the weak damage, because there was a note from PD with some versions that explains the full damage system is not in place

The plot thickens........

As for "not living up to expectations", nothing ever lives up to the hype
I noticed that in the top gear magazine article whoever was writing it wrote something that interested me slightly..

'' a ferrari 458 hits me square on. There is a sickening crunch of metal and glass and possibly bone. Unidentified pieces of car spreay across the tarmac.

interesting.

here is the snippet

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-conten ... -feature-scan-clearer.jpg
Yes, and EVO Magazine said the demo they played had realistic crash damage, so I figured something was up, as I'm sure EVO know what realistic damage is
That does sound awesome, but if Clarkson wrote it he probably exagerrated quite a bit..
Definitely a preview copy, as the guy could not go past level 17 in A-Spec mode, there are 40 levels, and the end movie showed
Quote from danowat :The plot thickens........

As for "not living up to expectations", nothing ever lives up to the hype

Sex certainly did.
:lol: dustin..

i had a feeling from the word go that these were not the full release..
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Sex certainly did.

Ahhh..........I remember what it was like to be young, like a dog with two cocks!
Quote from danowat :Ahhh..........I remember what it was like to be young, like a dog with two cocks!

sounds like cock docking.....
PS3 is here hopefully all of my cables/adapters get here before my copy of gt5 -_-
Most of the EU playstation.com sites show a new release date of November 26th, so I wouldn't be holding my breath for a firm 24th release just yet.
I believe this is the full retail version. Eiger off road
This guy has an unboxing video on his channel as well. Different cover to the leaked versions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XlZU7-MWEE
Quote from CoolColJ :I believe this is the full retail version. Eiger off road
This guy has an unboxing video on his channel as well. Different cover to the leaked versions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XlZU7-MWEE

thats more like it.

Oh and where do you get the links to these vids. If you don't want to share PM me please.
I just get it from forums
GTplanet, Neogaf etc

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG