The online racing simulator
LFS Keyboard Driving TIP
(34 posts, started )
Quote from rockclan :Truth, but some don't have the money.

Some can't be bothered to get in their playseat either
Quote from c00kie :Some can't be bothered to get in their playseat either

Shhh C00kie
Having been driving with mouse for 3 year + ( not only in LFS ), I got no problem getting used to KB in a few minutes when I failed to find my mouse some days ago. Even IBM UltraNavi Pointer was not a big problem.

Controller makes a difference, but changing to a different controller should not be difficult if you put some effort into it.
All said and done, I still look up to quick KB mouse users. Ive tried many times and never could get the hang of them.
I drive with keyboard all the time and my pb is 1:35:59
KB steer
I used KB for over a year while in demo... I ran 113's FBM all day and rarely ever crashed... It's just a matter of personal preference..... To this day 3 years later i can still run 113 all day using KB But lets face it driving in a racing sim with a wheel is a much better feeling.
Wow! I donno how he managed to control F08 with this extreme setting. Found it to be too twitchy. It is subjective I guess. Personally feel return rate should be between 40-80% of the steer rate. I also change my steer/return/limit according to track/car combo.

For AS3/FXR I use:
Steer rate: 0.79
Return rate: 0.41
Limit Multiplier: 1.01 - 1.03 (depending on setups)

My PB with this setting is 1:42.55 which is 1.95 seconds (101.8 %) outside the HL WR.

I use higher rates on tracks like Fern Bay where quick direction changes are required

I use much lower limit multiplier for RWD cars like FZR, XRR.
i used to have some wr's in the lx6 with kb, looong time ago. with enough practice its viable but lfs' feedback is one of the best so wheel is a must, years since ive touched this game though, just checking in to see if anything new comes up
old kb legend of this sim, always fast and clean ...

KingNothing

LFS Keyboard Driving TIP
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG