The online racing simulator
Lost with some mods !
(28 posts, started )
Lost with some mods !
Hi all, i'm new here, i will enjoy joining you 'cause i love cars (you too huh? i guess so !!!)

So, here i come, i have LFS vZ28 on vista family edition.

i found this game too great, really ballanced engines, and good feelings of the cars. But there are somethings i hated so i started looking for mods, the thing is, all the mods i found cannot be installed on my pc (or simply, i don't know how to install them :shrug

For exemple, i downloaded a sound pack, (this one : http://lfsmods.com/2009/06/engine-sound-pack/ ) installing it is a real pain, please help me .
Also the real life camera mod (camlevel i think).

Well i'm not gonna list here the hole list of mods i donwloaded, but if you could help me out with those two ones, i'll be plaised.

Thanks in advance !!!
The best mod is S2, much easier to install and you're allowed to talk it about it on the forum.

Engine sounds go in LFS/data/eng and load them per car using shift + a.
did you even download LFS legaly and purchase it ?
Quote from Mustangman759 :did you even download LFS legaly and purchase it ?

no he downloaded it from a site containing a legit download source and no he hasn't purchased it as he is a demo racer you dumbf*ck .
i downloaded lfs from a website that i forgot maybe lfs.net or .com, i don't know.

i only have the demo version, so no, i didn't pursach it !!

you said to load them one by one, how ??
Quote from Franky.S :no he downloaded it from a site containing a legit download source and no he hasn't purchased it as he is a demo racer you dumbf*ck .

some people use seperate forum accounts you "dumbf*ck". Anyways, mods on that site are mostly Illegal (shape mods)...

so wouldnt download them @ OP
Quote from Bmxtwins :some people use seperate forum accounts you "dumbf*ck". Anyways, mods on that site are mostly Illegal (shape mods)...

so wouldnt download them @ OP

are you just trying to act like you know what youre saying, or are you dumb?
Quote from nikopdr :are you just trying to act like you know what youre saying, or are you dumb?

Going with you on this one
name a demo racer that has a S2 licence.
#9 - Jakg
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Franky.S :Right smartass, one more for definite proof.

I think the words your looking for are "oh yes, sorry your right".

Quote from Jakg :I think the words your looking for are "oh yes, sorry your right".

They are crossing my mind but the yanky kid said "some" and so far only one has been uncovered.
lol , guys waht a shame, you're insulting each other because of my status ???? i'm a DEMO RACER, haven't yet a S2 licence, right ? is that ignof clear ?

let's focus on my problem, you said that those mods are illegal !! why ?? i don't think that mods can be described as illegal, since they're not officiel , that's not a reason to call them illegal thread !!!

my question is : witch mod do you advice me (sound pack i mean), and how can i install the "real life camera mod" ('cause i folowed all instructions with no results).

PLease help !!

PS : What a lovely community !!!!
Quote from Coram2009 :lol , guys waht a shame, you're insulting each other because of my status ???? i'm a DEMO RACER, haven't yet a S2 licence, right ? is that ignof clear ?

PS : What a lovely community !!!!

Welcome to LFS forum.
Any modifications of original .vob files ARE illegal,because it changes cars shape,so there are problems online,more info: http://www.lfsforum.net/privacy.htm
Any modifications of sound files,dds textures etc. are ok,because they change only the way LFS looks or sounds on your PC,but doesn't affect any car physics,so do whatever you want.
About that sound pack - check Boothy's post,he said what you have to do.
ok, but what about the real life camera mod (camlevel) ????

thank's for sounds, it works
Absolutly, i'm talking about that !

i wouldn't have posted this topic if i hadn't read the whole thread !!

the thing is, i read all the holly shit, but i does do nothing, here :

I typed /insim 10000 and got a message in the top left corner saying "InSim : port 10000", after i started camlevel.exe , it says (it = camplevel ) " attempting to connect to lfs on port 10000... ".

When i go ingame, nothing is there, the camera is normal, no change, no mod, so what to do ??
Hi loads of legal mods here, http://lfsdb.500servers.net/

Quote from Coram2009 :Absolutly, i'm talking about that !

i wouldn't have posted this topic if i hadn't read the whole thread !!

the thing is, i read all the holly shit, but i does do nothing, here :

I typed /insim 10000 and got a message in the top left corner saying "InSim : port 10000", after i started camlevel.exe , it says (it = camplevel ) " attempting to connect to lfs on port 10000... ".

When i go ingame, nothing is there, the camera is normal, no change, no mod, so what to do ??

yeah right, but this does not answer my question !!
Quote from Coram2009 :but this does not answer my question !!

I havent used that, so I can't help you there. But you might get better help if you posted in that thread itself; others might have had the same issue that you're having and might provide help. Those people might not read this thread.

Hope you get it sorted out.
Hi what u need to do is unsip the engine sounds u down loaded, Then go into the lfs folder in c drive and open the engine file in there and simply put the engine sounds in that folder, then go in game press shift and a, and u will see a load button at the top click on it and u will see all the differnt engine sounds u can use. I hope this helps. I no it works as i just tried it my self.
Have fun

Quote from Coram2009 :Hi all, i'm new here, i will enjoy joining you

'cause i love cars (you too huh? i guess so !!!)

So, here i come, i have LFS vZ28 on vista family edition.

i found this game too great, really ballanced engines, and good feelings of the cars. But there are somethings i hated so i started looking for mods, the thing is, all the mods i found cannot be installed on my pc (or simply, i don't know how to install them :shrug

For exemple, i downloaded a sound pack, (this one : http://lfsmods.com/2009/06/engine-sound-pack/ ) installing it is a real pain, please help me .
Also the real life camera mod (camlevel i think).

Well i'm not gonna list here the hole list of mods i donwloaded, but if you could help me out with those two ones, i'll be plaised.

Thanks in advance !!!

yeah thank's great !! it works, but does this works also on online ??? i mean, would here the new sounds while i'm playing online too ??
Yes m8, i cant see why not,it only changes the sounds.
Clad its sorted m8, Have fun.

Quote from Coram2009 :yeah thank's great !! it works, but does this works also on online ??? i mean, would here the new sounds while i'm playing online too ??

Quote from Coram2009 :yeah thank's great !! it works, but does this works also on online ??? i mean, would here the new sounds while i'm playing online too ??

yes just SHIFT A to select then load as default engine and rejoin server everyone should have your sound if you want that

Lost with some mods !
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG